Thanks

TRUST 1200 Graphics tablet

I was just wondering if I could get your opinion on this tablet.
    Is it worth buying?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...732656539&rd=1

This will be my first tablet ever and I thought it should be at least a bit good.
    Your thoughts and oppinions plz
    You will never get another today tomorrow!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wacom intuos 2 or 3 accept no substitutions...lol

Thanks
    I know u love Wacom intuos 2 or 3 but my wallet doesent, I dont have that much money to spend on a tablet so I'm looking at anything under £150 / $289 including postage and package.
    If you have found anything in this price range plz tell me.

AND I just want to know if this tablet is any good or should I just go look for another one.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....6732656539&rd=1

Thanks
    Get a smaller Intuous or a Graphire... Yeah its not as nice, but if you're hurting for money, you can't beat it. I haev a Graphire2 and it works well for me... I'll upgrade later, but right now, it works well enough...

Thanks
    I bought my intuos 2( 6X8 ) for 270 off ebay...at the time they were about 400 and someting...

If you look you will find...

Thanks
    These all help but no-one has sed anything good OR bad about the tablet I specified its not just for me another friend is interested in buying this model of Ebay. If you could plz tell me if this tablet is crap or good even decent I would be much apreciative.

Thanks
    Wacom, WACOM, WACOM

Quote Originally Posted by bRyaN
    Wacom intuos 2 or 3 accept no substitutions...lol
    Totally agree.

Maybe you should check out Cnet or something for reviews regarding this product and compare it with a Wacom Intuos instead of just looking at the price tag that fits your wallet. You're paying for what you get.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Since you want comments I will give you some...

I have very little first hand experience of the trust tablets but the things I do have noted is that it seams to respond very well when i fooled around. The pen worked very well for me and the pen was pretty much lighter than I thought it would be with batteries and all.

Since I just got intressted in this kind of work I still have a VERY simple Wacom tablet myself and compared to mine it was better for me.

I have the Wacom Volito Tablet and sofar i have liked it very much but it is way to small and the response is not allways great. But if you go as budget as it gets I guess that is what you get.

I will upgrade soon I think and when I do I will look for a wacom first of all and if i cannot get my money to cover it i think i will go Trust. My friend who has the trust is very satisfied with how it works for him.

Don't know if it helps but I think it is a very personal and subjective matter. It works for you or it does not, the rest is just electronics.

Thanks
    I'm an owner of this tablet.

So far I didn't have major problems with it. Though, tons of small problems started showing once in a while after half year of use. Perhaps the ones exported to east europe are just plain low quality.

Basicly the cons should be the following:
    1. sometimes it messes up and starts to think the pen is a mouse and switches to relative mode without pressure sensitivity. Usualy gently throwing it at a wall fixes that (no joke).
    2. sometimes it loses the frequency in the middle of a stroke so when undoing you acctualy see that you got 2 or 3 strokes instead of one. This might give you problems while painting in oils in Painter IX.
    3. sometimes it starts behaving weird... All weird - pointer becomes jumpy, the active area shifts weirdly, etc. Often this is caused by a cell phone nearby, though.
    4. The plastic's of very bad quality. Both the tablet and the pen are all cracked and stuff (probably due to "fixing methods" used in case of problem #1), sticky tape fixes that.
    5. Sucky software. You can't make the tablet work on one monitor in dual monitor setups (or I'm just too stupid to find a way). That's quite bad, since in that case you're forced to use only about 25% of the acctual area for painting.
    EDIT: Me happy! Me find a fix to this! The trick is the following:
    1) switch to one monitor setup.
    2) configure the tablet working area under this setup.
    3) switch back to two-monitor setup. Voila! The tablet works like it's supposed to.

6. Refresh frequency is half of what wacoms have. So if you're used to (really) fast strokes, it's likely to mess up.
    7. Remember to take the batteries out after you use it, otherwise it'll eat them up in 2 days.

On the other hand:
    1. It's cheap.
    2. It's big.
    3. Despite the cons, it's usable. And not a bad place to start.
    4. It's resolution is quite impressive.
    5. pressure sensitivity is OK.

In conclusion: if you can do with a lesser quality product, you're too used to drawing on huge, you're just starting out and you can handle some frustration once in a while - it'll do. Atleast I'm pretty happy with it. It's not as bad as the Wacom dudes tell it is. (Although Wacom's better. )

Hope that's of some help.
    Last edited by Gerulaitis; January 22nd, 2006 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
    Insect666 dude great advice I might consider buying a decent wacom after the little problem fest you discribed.
    In the end I decided to go with the Wacom intuos 3 option.

Thx alot all of you guys.
    Last edited by your_all_small; December 30th, 2004 at 09:49 AM.

Thanks
    i had that tablet for 2 years, it worked great but it did begin to go weird on me towards the end. the pen would skip and jump accross the screen for no reason, it would click random buttons ect ect. also the plastic around the edges of the tablet cracked really easily. im not complaining though, the tablet was cheap and i got 2 years of use out of it. i got an intuos 3 9x12 for christmas and it is totally superior to the trust one.

hope this bit of info helped.

Thanks
    Thx man

Thanks
    "There is a distinction between fact and truth. Truth has an element of revelation about it. If something is true, it does more than strike one as merely being so." -Lucian Freud

Thanks
    i've been working with that Trust tablet for bout a yr now. Exact same experience as Insect666. It's a good tablet for the price (got iy for 80 euro), but it does have its quirks. I'm about to switch to intuos3 now.
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Thx all u guys I have decided now that i will go out into the world and look for WACOM INTUOS 3 GRAPHIC TABLET, by world i mean outside, down to my local computer shop

Thanks

Installation problems

Can anyone help me with this annoying thing: I got a Trust 1200 Tablet as a gift from my girlfriend, and the thing won't even install! Each time I start the installation, a message comes to the screen:
    16 bit Windows Subsystem
    C/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications: Choose 'Close? to terminate the application.
    I downloaded drivers from Trust site, but the same thing repeats.

Thanks
    You want comments? Well, I don't have a trust, but I do have an Aiptek, which is basically the same thing with a different name on it. My experience is one filled with low refresh rates and wobbly lines. I can't sketch on the comp with it at all basically, because it can't draw a fuking straight line. Piece of shit, and I wish I'd just splurged on a wacom instead.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren