Sketchbook: lewistons sketchbook | update 10 2013 | Bigpoint marketing on p17 - Page 8

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful sketch. The faces are really well-rendered, even at this early stage. I'm amazed at how coherent the composition is, too - if I'd tried anything with that many figures, it'd be a mess...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fcking sweeeeeeettttt, man I need to do some inks right now!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everybody for the feedback. Here are a copule of changes with the composition. Trying to get it a bit less 'seventies'...
    Here is a updated lineart version.

lewistons sketchbook | update 10 2013 | Bigpoint marketing on p17

Last edited by lewiston; August 11th, 2006 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While finishing the piece above, an environment had to be finished. Hope you like. C&c mostly welcome...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff indeed. the hispanic guy is brilliantly expressive, excellent line and light throughout your stuff! look forward to more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow nice stuff, Hethe Srodawa right? I thought I recognized your stuff Long-time fan mate, your stuff is really inspiring.

TREVOR HENRY ARTIST, PHOTOGRAPHER AND WEB DESIGNER

Mediasoldier | Trevor Henry Photoblog | Lowopacity

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey mate! nice new compo for the poster,
    about this last one, it might me just me, but
    I fell that the foreground motorcycle guy its not
    separating for the background as good as it
    could, I think that the foreground and background
    elements are to close in value, maybe little more
    contrast? I know less that your on this arena
    *or in any arena for that matter har har* still
    I thought of telling ya
    and thanks for taking the time to drop around my thread
    I love your work mate! and I have nothing but respect for your skills 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have a great sketchbook. I love your lines and I love the many different things in this thread.
    Hope you don't mind a question:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/3589806/E3.jpg
    Are you using any 3D programs for your environments here?
    Perhaps sketchup?
    Anyway... Can't wait for the next update.

▄▀▄▀▄▀■ - GORILLA ARTFARE - ■▀▄▀▄▀▄

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply, everybody!

@ Blitz: I'm not Hethe - Mücke from Vienna here... But thanks for the link to this guy. really good work, he is doing.

@ Max: Thanks mate. I totally agree. Will work on that!

@ Ya - gotme - For this piece i put some cubes in Maya together in order to get the perspective right. That helps a lot btw...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, you understand what you`re doing..

i saw the cover of "die chronik der unsterblichen" and it reminds me of the german comic "helden" from ipp-world.de. do you know it? its def the best german comic ever. so big compliment to you!

_______

3D stuƒƒ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like this last pieces a lot too, that watercolour background worked really well.
    The foreground stuff is also great, the coat on that biker is great.
    Cheers
    Fil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh shit man ... the lines on the movieposter are just dope...

da glaub ich manchmal ich hol endlich ein bisschen auf und dann sowas *narf*

newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit that hispanic guy is looking awesome!

Those bikerillustrations reminds me of easy rider.

realy awesome sketchbook...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lewiston- shit dude..... these rock man... I really love what you did on the gas station... such a nice gritty look to it... is that mixed media... Hope to see more soon..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love the wather colours. and the enviourments

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

House Call

Like the strong composition on your last post <> tried to give you 5 but I guess I did it already <> could not give you 10 <> thanks from the feed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Lewiston. Your work is close to impossible to criticize, what to criticize here? you are in very good control of any media you are willing to try. I guess you are an artist as God intended for you to be. I will be surprised if you say that there are very many other things besides art that you prefer to do, more than art . Looks like that you're drawing just like breathing. Very naturally, without any efforts.
    but here, the only little something I can talk about beside saying that you are great.

You are in a very good control, impeccable control. You lines are so smooth I can't detect your state of mind you were in when you drew or painted. You are evenly tempered when you are up or down, so your line control is even too. And I'm unfortunately that kind of person who likes to look behind the curtain. And I can't. You don't post stuff when your hands shaking from anger or tiredness, you don't post stuff when your lines jump and fight with each other. As I said, very good control. And that's good, many people like smooth lines, I like lines with open personality. I have a hard time to find any hints in yours. Everything is just close to perfect.

Only some crumbs which I was able to collect in your book about you: you are pretty calm and confident to do any kind of work, you have likeness to caricature genre and that's what you do when you draw or paint for yourself. Your smile in these caricatures is very calm, you are never personal and looks like you're just enjoying the process, that's why you like to finish each drawing of yours, you just seem to like laying these lines down on paper one by one. It is natural process for you, I repeat, like breathing. I don't see you searching on paper, so I guess you have already everything in your mind and you just carry this image to paper. It is funny, because it is so different from most people. You are an Artist with the capital A.
    So saying this I picked up few from your huge varied gallery of images I like the best. And mostly because they are rougher and for me more emotional.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yingdevil3.jpg I like the fact that you left his wings like these, not polished but rather textured and rough. It is a bit different from your normal coloring, I liked much more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ton/facesB.jpg The same. These hair open up a bit what you were thinking when you painted that. You wanted a wild, agitated person, uncontrollable one, tells me you were a bit him in this moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/thewlis2.jpg With risk to loose all your respect I say I have no idea who this guy is. But looking at him, this is what I think: he is a strange one. I don't know maybe alcohol and chaotic life made him like this, but I think he lives in slight fog all the time, in his own reality, just having sudden startling encounters with people and objects around him. I think his brains are half cooked most of the time, and I'm afraid life is not bright event for him, he had too much and too fast, kind of lost taste of life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...on/Engel3c.jpg just interesting to see what kind of angel you chose. It should be your features somewhere here. Angels are like pets, looks a lot like their owners. Yours looks very young and determined, and kind. But not sophisticated at all. Just charm of young face and body.

Lovely effect of the light, God bless highly saturated colors in PS.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...ifskizze3b.jpg Beautiful, but very symmetric and even in everything in composition., lines and pose. I would prefer crazy passion in pencils strokes. This creature is strong, but lazy to battle.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...turmstussi.jpg Ahh, your women are beautiful, that's nice, you probably adore them . They are idolised in your art.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...6/hispanic.jpg This guy is drawn with brilliance, but although you tell a lot about this character in straight, commonly accepted manner: face features, pose, body language, clothing, you didn't tell much about him, his temperament with your lines. You could draw a ballerina with the same kind of lines. I know I'm talking rubbish, that's style we are talking about, but maybe you are interested to hear that kind of rubbish. There are many ways to talk to your viewers, IMO, there are some hidden ones, which effect when we are not aware about them. I think it is worth mentioned.

I like poster and drawing with bikers. It is obvious you like the characters and there is sweet ironic feeling in this drawing too. it is kind of caricature too. I love it. It's beautiful and truthful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ironment1b.jpg I like the painting on this stage, it's moody, has a nice feeling of silence and evening in it. I don't know why evening, maybe the colors are soft and mild, and outlines are indefinte and bright light could be last rays of sunset.

Figure on the bike kind of clashes with the BG, confuses eyes about perspective. BG should be blending with air more, I think.

Well, that's what I think,
    Thank you for kind words about my rigid Jane Seymour in FF section. It was a great moment to see you there.
    Sveta

Last edited by sve; November 24th, 2007 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this stuff is great, just wanted to drop a compliment, keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is one funky monkey <> definitely a dude with attitude <> well done!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe, thanks for the comment, master mentler, always a great honour! You were faster than me posting the second little piece for the archive...
    RPG character - private stuff... a dwarf shaman... hope you like

25. The Following User Says Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooh I love that monkey.. wicked!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

28. The Following User Says Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude your last three updates are just blasting with personality.. especially that rad mokey piece.. keep on doing the do man... always a pleasure to see new works from you!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously hard-on materials. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

sketchbook - me book here on last page
    opaquette backup - me humble hut for B-Sides and A-Sides dump
    SoFA - bone doc's lair. great place to learn figure drawing and anatomy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, this monkey has a great self esteem, I'm talking about your drawing of course, Mücke, not you, hahahahah. I don't know you that well .

It looks like million dollars monkey even wearing this Walmart trench coat and riding four-wheeled bicycle instead of the sitting in red Porsche dressed in white suit like John Travolta. It has a charisma and authority in its face. As I read there are some soldiers which make generals feel intimidated, so much will and personality present in them all the time. That's what your monkey has.
    Looked again, yeah, it has a great feeling of its own space. Mostly body language and cold expression of the face, kind of stopping any attempts to communicate with it. Maybe I need to copy its face in front of mirror , it might be very useful.

Old boy with the sickle. He would be very intimidating too for me, face is like from a nightmare with these greasy heavy straight hair. But his furry pants make me feel good, they are funny. I imagine he was trying his best to look like hell, to scare all the little children and might even adults, but some flaws in fashion preference killed all his efforts. So he looks a bit like clown. And I like that fact. My favorite horror movie is when every one is overfed with candy and can't hold as many rainbow air balloons as he wants.

And in the third picture I'm intrigued with what is going on. I think it is sacrifice making. I don't know why the trainer is so happy when his lion is about to be eaten, but I guess he knows what he is doing, unless he is just crazy as March Hare.
    hahah, like how you added human expression and human hand gesture to the lion, so human too . When I was a student in biological summer camp. we were making some experiment with ducks. Were given duck's eggs and raised them from this stage to the first flying. We were making records and sort of a diary observing behavior of the little ducklings. Well, you would be amazed what a funny stuff was in those books. Sort of " he rose his thin eyebrow in amazement...." Yeah, stuff like this, humanising of animals.
    OK, all the best and I wonder why you chose the mosquito to represent you on this forum. Nothing is random, I think it has some meaning. Are you that persistent?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey vigostar, thanks for dropping by. You ride on with the paintings. that last piece of yours in the FF was awesome!

cheers, isair, thanks for props!

sve, great to have another comment from you. I appreciate your ideas about my work a great deal - as you know. Btw I chose the mosquito for the avatar cause my name is M&#252;cke, the German word for mosquito. See you around!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Picture of the Lion and the Ringmaster, don't really understand what's going on but they are all really drawn well, keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

35. The Following User Says Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4