Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: lewistons sketchbook | update 10 2013 | Bigpoint marketing on p17

Thanks
    I like this last pieces a lot too, that watercolour background worked really well.
    The foreground stuff is also great, the coat on that biker is great.
    Cheers
    Fil
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    oh shit man ... the lines on the movieposter are just dope...

da glaub ich manchmal ich hol endlich ein bisschen auf und dann sowas *narf*
    newest sketchbook
    oil paintings

"Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want." Glen Orbik

Thanks
    Holy shit that hispanic guy is looking awesome!

Those bikerillustrations reminds me of easy rider.

realy awesome sketchbook...

Thanks
    Lewiston- shit dude..... these rock man... I really love what you did on the gas station... such a nice gritty look to it... is that mixed media... Hope to see more soon..
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    love the wather colours. and the enviourments

Thanks

House Call

Like the strong composition on your last post <> tried to give you 5 but I guess I did it already <> could not give you 10 <> thanks from the feed

Thanks
    Hello, Lewiston. Your work is close to impossible to criticize, what to criticize here? you are in very good control of any media you are willing to try. I guess you are an artist as God intended for you to be. I will be surprised if you say that there are very many other things besides art that you prefer to do, more than art . Looks like that you're drawing just like breathing. Very naturally, without any efforts.
    but here, the only little something I can talk about beside saying that you are great.

You are in a very good control, impeccable control. You lines are so smooth I can't detect your state of mind you were in when you drew or painted. You are evenly tempered when you are up or down, so your line control is even too. And I'm unfortunately that kind of person who likes to look behind the curtain. And I can't. You don't post stuff when your hands shaking from anger or tiredness, you don't post stuff when your lines jump and fight with each other. As I said, very good control. And that's good, many people like smooth lines, I like lines with open personality. I have a hard time to find any hints in yours. Everything is just close to perfect.

Only some crumbs which I was able to collect in your book about you: you are pretty calm and confident to do any kind of work, you have likeness to caricature genre and that's what you do when you draw or paint for yourself. Your smile in these caricatures is very calm, you are never personal and looks like you're just enjoying the process, that's why you like to finish each drawing of yours, you just seem to like laying these lines down on paper one by one. It is natural process for you, I repeat, like breathing. I don't see you searching on paper, so I guess you have already everything in your mind and you just carry this image to paper. It is funny, because it is so different from most people. You are an Artist with the capital A.
    So saying this I picked up few from your huge varied gallery of images I like the best. And mostly because they are rougher and for me more emotional.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yingdevil3.jpg I like the fact that you left his wings like these, not polished but rather textured and rough. It is a bit different from your normal coloring, I liked much more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ton/facesB.jpg The same. These hair open up a bit what you were thinking when you painted that. You wanted a wild, agitated person, uncontrollable one, tells me you were a bit him in this moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n/thewlis2.jpg With risk to loose all your respect I say I have no idea who this guy is. But looking at him, this is what I think: he is a strange one. I don't know maybe alcohol and chaotic life made him like this, but I think he lives in slight fog all the time, in his own reality, just having sudden startling encounters with people and objects around him. I think his brains are half cooked most of the time, and I'm afraid life is not bright event for him, he had too much and too fast, kind of lost taste of life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...on/Engel3c.jpg just interesting to see what kind of angel you chose. It should be your features somewhere here. Angels are like pets, looks a lot like their owners. Yours looks very young and determined, and kind. But not sophisticated at all. Just charm of young face and body.

Lovely effect of the light, God bless highly saturated colors in PS.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...ifskizze3b.jpg Beautiful, but very symmetric and even in everything in composition., lines and pose. I would prefer crazy passion in pencils strokes. This creature is strong, but lazy to battle.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...turmstussi.jpg Ahh, your women are beautiful, that's nice, you probably adore them . They are idolised in your art.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...6/hispanic.jpg This guy is drawn with brilliance, but although you tell a lot about this character in straight, commonly accepted manner: face features, pose, body language, clothing, you didn't tell much about him, his temperament with your lines. You could draw a ballerina with the same kind of lines. I know I'm talking rubbish, that's style we are talking about, but maybe you are interested to hear that kind of rubbish. There are many ways to talk to your viewers, IMO, there are some hidden ones, which effect when we are not aware about them. I think it is worth mentioned.

I like poster and drawing with bikers. It is obvious you like the characters and there is sweet ironic feeling in this drawing too. it is kind of caricature too. I love it. It's beautiful and truthful.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ironment1b.jpg I like the painting on this stage, it's moody, has a nice feeling of silence and evening in it. I don't know why evening, maybe the colors are soft and mild, and outlines are indefinte and bright light could be last rays of sunset.

Figure on the bike kind of clashes with the BG, confuses eyes about perspective. BG should be blending with air more, I think.

Well, that's what I think,
    Thank you for kind words about my rigid Jane Seymour in FF section. It was a great moment to see you there.
    Sveta
    Last edited by sve; November 24th, 2007 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks
    this stuff is great, just wanted to drop a compliment, keep it up.

Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That is one funky monkey <> definitely a dude with attitude <> well done!

Thanks
    hehe, thanks for the comment, master mentler, always a great honour! You were faster than me posting the second little piece for the archive...
    RPG character - private stuff... a dwarf shaman... hope you like
    lewistons sketchbook | update 10 2013 | Bigpoint marketing on p17

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ooh I love that monkey.. wicked!

Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lewiston For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast