Art: military art
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: military art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

military art

illustration of my favorite game nowadays!!!!! did it just for fun, and to see how good I can do something from memory.. I'm getting old here so it tends to go once in awhile... LOL

any crits or comments certainly welcomed

thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ghost Recon is not as good as CS give it a shot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The piece itself seems to be very inactive, boring.. too balanced I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like it.

the rock's edge is a bit sharp an undefined.

the second character in the back ist too flat... make it more detailed like the guy in the front.

p.s. my younger brother plays CS and it sucks.

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,195 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    psst stop giving your bias opinions on games...

anyways, you did a good job from memory but it does seem alittle plain.

the main figure looks dwarven in proportions and his leg that is suppose to be in the distance just looks stubby, which makes him look like he is floating.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Job....

My only crit is ,,,,

In a tactical enviroment the (if American,, Looks American)
    troop would not have a colored patch unless it was an
    American Flagg...

other than That Outstanding

I am everywhere,
    &,
    I am Nowhere.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure what kind of gun that is probably use some reference to help with that. I think u did a good job in making that soldier as the central piece. If you detail everything to much u loose your focus. I like how the background starts to fade in detail. You could probably add some fog in the background so all the elements that are fading in detail have a reason to. But great job just from memory.

-Warrior of the Arts

--sketchlab7.com--

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love it. The cripsness of the peice gives it a nice "flair," but, there might be a slight problem with perspective on the clip in the gun (but I'm not totally sure, that was just my first impression).

DarthSamurai: It looks like an OICW to me.

~.cfb, proud member of the Middle Class.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice piece, ghost recon is great. I think the front rifleman needs some adjustment, he is squashed in perspective. It also looks as if he isn't really looking through the sight of the gun. The clip needs work, I think it needs to curve a bit more. I found this pic of the M29 (OICW) that might help a little bit. Cool stuff tho

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very very nice, great texture, and the main guy is very nicely rendered. The only issue I have with it is the guy in the background, his pose doesn't look natural.. there is something strange going on there. But the rest is top notch.

the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems like the image started out as a rough sketch with a few anatomical and/or perspective issues as said above --- but the way you painted it makes it a successful piece.

The texture that you painted into the environment makes it feel real...

GREAT JOB ON THE FOLLOWING:
    1) The warm foreground versus the cool background really creates depth in the image.

2) The area with highest contrast (the foreground soldier's head) is really good because it pulls your eye straight to focus in the right place. Nice!

Only when I real closely inspect the image > it looks a little like that tree is growing out of the background soldier's back! How's that for camoflauge! hehe. That would be a simple fix though. The way you washed the environmental fog, bluish white over the tree to make it go into the background, if that was done a little right where the tree meets that guy's back, it would separate them. etc.

nice work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    icon^Zeno - what's CS??? and the balanced aspect of it is making it boring???

cucaracha - I see what you mean everything beyond the foreground soldier was done as an after thought, so I guess it shows..

davi- thanks, I have adjusted the character from what you said, ( I still have to post it) but it helped me to see the mistake from another's eyes...

ODIN SIX - that patch is the Elite level symbol on X-box, I just put it in there as a fanboy hint at the game... Ghost Recon.. I wasn't getting too technical on it, but thanks for the info I never knew that.... will keep it stored for any future needs

Da7thSamurai - OICW.. and thanks for the comments... I think the only real problem I have is the drawing of the back soldier, it maybe a little hoaky... I have to decide if it's worth fixing, since this was done out of boredom, but appreciate your opinions...

.cfb - you got it, and yeah for the gun reference I played the game to a point wher I killed enough baddies so I could let my character stand unopposed for a long period of time, then did a quick rough of the gun... I didn't use photo reference, because I didn't want to bog myself down with over rendering the gun and not everythign else... so now that Ihave looked at reference I see the clip is off.. I will fix it...

xjmaschox - thanks for the ref and yeah I agree on the squash factor I already fixed that (will repost when all mistakes are fixed) and do you play GR??? I am on X-Box.. screen name: Mypee Burns.. if you do play on X-box and are ever on Live, look me up

kegie - that seems to be the overall consensus.. the back guy will be fixed... but thanks for your comments, they are very helpful....:chug:

mgc3003- very helpful thanks... and yeah you hit it on the head as to exactly how this pic came to life.... but with your comments I will make it that much better.. thanks alot...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.