Sketchbook: ::Sideshowbob´s Mind Matrix-::ReloadeD ::Today: - Page 4

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Holy crap, Bob!

I love that piece from yesterday!!! You should definitely work on it more or finish it with that feel and color selection on it. Seriously looks awesome, I think.

Liked you little poses, those are good practice! Keep 'em coming!

Ian

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Your progress is coming along great. Good to see you having some fun with digital colors.

Which anatomy books are you studying from?

Thanks
    i love the way you draw your bodies, so dynamic, and i love your style with them. Keep 'em coming

BUNNIES!!< Forget the bombs in your eyes!> BUNNIES!!

"Dane is such a table switching , he's gonna get some weird STD... "Ya a Stupid Table Disease", timing is everything!

http://mengde.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go here why donchya!!

my sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36643

Thanks
    I love to see the shapes that others us to build up to figures... I've never seen the very specific shapes you make to do the body... and I may have to steal some... you can call the cops but I'll denie it!

Quantum Entanglement - Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance."
    String Theory - a new look at how the universe may work.

Thanks
    Very cool expression you get twisting the anatomy like that!

I especially like this one:
    http://www.fragtasia.de/bob/2dstuff/...9feb05_002.jpg

Keep on keepin' on!

d-C

Thanks
    nice! I agree with ^^^^^ him...

I also noticed a lot of improvement! keep it up!
    what do you draw first in your gestures??? what part of the body?

I'll be checking on you often.
    -heri

Zero to Sixty in 4.6 drawings!
    Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    oh yeah those cestures looks very good, interesting style you have
    and love your digis, more please!

Thanks
    Hi sideshowbob

you got some nice studies that's not stiff, but full of motion. They seems to have a good balance too

Ok I try to give some feedback too... before reading any further read my signature m'kay..... I think you need to think of the pelvis more as an individual part that's hard (you know made of bone.) You might have some use of thinking of the pelvis as a bowl. In this bowl you place the stomach. You could think of the stomach as a ball, or a mix of cylinder and ball. I say this since looking at the second last pic the stomach and pelvis looks like a ball with the legs attached to the ball. In the last pic the pelvis and stomach looks like an egg with the legs attached to it. Separate the pelvis as an indiviual form and I think stuff will improve. Maybe draw in the the pelvis first so you could use it as you do with construction lines. Anyway now it seems like the hip and stomach is one part.

Don't forget to update

My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    omarpac :::: hhehe yaa ur right it is ! i havnt studied tits yet .. thats why i draw em smal.. its bit easier to see where and how the tits are oriented *3d space*orbit* thing*

IanE:::: yaah00 thanks man i think ill paint a new one with a similar pose.. and color it

Balooga :::: thankx .. yaa oc is realy fun.. these are ma first digitals
    need to start something with more color soon...
    i studie with "bourne hogarth" books.. hes the only one who shows how fat each muscle is.. he draws and shades no skin.only the muscle volume.. which is awesome visualized.. u just emmediately see how the muscle volumes should be created .. for me .. hogarth is the best becasue of that

Mengede ::: yaa i will thank ya

JagRello::: yahahahihiahihia O_O go ahead *calls 0800-shape-police*

dcept :::: i like dynamic anatomy..i dont like static forms and stuff that much.. i try to define my form and shapes along a courve not a simple line
    i love dynamic becsause of the expression and impressions i get.. i just love it (( i can give u a few tips for dynamic anatomy drawing and how to proceed.. if u like ?! just pm me )

heri :::: i love ur studies and gestures too O_O looking so volumetrical .. the main body block.. ripcage comes first.. then the middle-muscle-section and the belly-hip-crouch thing last.. then upper-arms and upper-legs and throat .. thx 4 commenting

Jokisalo:::::: thanks man

Mindflaw:::: thanks for the tips
    im trying something like that i think.. but i have problems with the 3d ness of the butt and leg hip connection... i try to understand the orientation.. which is really hard because evrything seems so smooth
    before i add details i just draw connected simple-gemetrie like spheres or other shapes.. but i always see themem as 3D objects ..yaa i tried the pelvis first some times.. but i had problems with adding the uper body with good proportions.. i donno but i think i get that fixed soon

update : pending ( today)

thx guys 4 ya comments

heres da update for now.. more today evening ?! or so ::

the lil cylinders u see here.. is ma schedule for how to learn orientation.. used to draw these 5-6 days only.. to get a very accurate feeling for precise orientation in 3d space + trining the hand to do fluid movement in all directions *(circle) without problems + trying to connect a few cylis into same dimension *vp arrangement* .. i know this seems boring.. but i had much fun and it feels so fuking nice for ma hand doing these cylinders

new perspective studie ->

http://www.fragtasia.de/bob/2dstuff/...erspective.jpg

2 old perspective studies

Last edited by -sideshowbob-; March 13th, 2005 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks

still got probs with the forehead and proportions of some features.. especialy nose root and the eye placement in realtion to the nose thing.. its very confuzing

but.. i feel better at drawing heads not..somkind of improvement but still messy .. i love heads and cables and more cables

stay tuned !

99 post yah000

Thanks
    hi sheep

wel what can i say .... there is improvement in your faces from last year alot so thats a good thing , i think .... :p , i have the same dificulties placing the freaking nose corect in relationship to the eyes.... hmm so who said i dont know how to bump up threads ? eh eh :p

Thanks
    Hab deinen thread durch Zufall entdeckt und ich muss sagen, was ich sehe gefällt mir
    vor allem die Figurenskizzen sind sehr dynamisch (werd gleich mal ausprobieren ob ich das auch so gut kann )

Nur bei deinen Köpfen solltest du aufpassen, dass du die Backenknochen nicht zu sehr betonst.
    Vor allem bei Frauen sieht das Gesicht dann sehr knochig aus und wirkt alt.

Schau dir mal diesen link hier an, vielleicht hilft dir das ein wenig.
    http://www.alrioart.com/data/media/1...wingbook15.jpg

Ich hoffe der link funktioniert, wenn nicht schreib mir ne pm

in the absence of light... darkness prevails

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Sideshowbob: didn't mean to be ... I guess I see my own flaws in others, your drawing from mind stuff is better than mine... I always need to see the actual stuff in order not to draw crap...gonna fix that though.

I think you should study the pelvis and the muscles insertion points in the pelvis to get a better understanding of the hip and you see through the hell of smoothness.

I scanned some pics that I think might be of use to you from "Anatomy: A complete guide for artists" (must love the public library). I'm going to take the link away in a couple of days since it's copied from a the book... heres the link *** click me ***

As always this is only a suggestion, but I think it will help.

My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Hallo (tut gut hier mal was grammatikalisch richtig schreiben zu können )

Also ich finde deine Skizzen (besonders die Thumbs und OC-Bilder) sehr dynamisch aber du solltest dich eventuel etwas von übermäsiger stilisation fernhalten Nicht das der Stil ned ansprechen würd aber du lernst schlicht und einfach schneller wenn u versuchst viel nach realistischen maßstäben zu zeichnen. Zuerst kommt das verstehen und dann das verdrehen könnte man sagen

keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaekae
    "Art is the physical result of your soul battling with your intellect to the death...with a sharp pencil..."
    THE AUSTRIAN SKETCHLORDS
    Baron Carnifex
    Duke Corky

Thanks
    Hey man,

Man you have been busy Your anatomy studies are really coming along there - one of the things that I should work on more. Your figures have a real nice fluid feel to them and realistic weight. Interesting style of drawing too. The human forms you've drawn seem slightly abstracted - to me anyway - is that intentional, or how they've developed naturally?

Great work though, wanna see more

Thanks
    Thanks for visiting my Sketchbook Sideshow. I am really impressed with the shear volume of studies that you have done. I get really focused on wanting to produce something and have a hard time just sitting back and doing studies. You seem to be getting good and adding dynamics to the poses. I definitely need to work on that myself. Do you work from references, figures, live studies, photos, comics or whatever, or are you working from the mind (or did I miss the point of the name of the thread)?

Whatever you do, don't look at my Sketchbook and Painting Thread!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Thanks
    Hey there! Man you definitely have a unique way of drawing the figure and head! They kind of remind me of an alien/robot sort of thing. I totally love those drawings with the boxes and everything all in perspective, those are sweet!! I think I'm going to have to give that a try! Anyway keep it up! And maybe go for some more dramatic expressions in the faces next time you draw some?

Thanks
    Great figures!!!
    Try doing some environments as next step for the perspective drawings - draw your room, your city, whatever - that way you get a feeling for perspective and than try putting you figures into your environments.
    Some thing else that would be thrilling is a fully shaded figure…
    Way to go!!!! Keep it up!!

Sketchbook
    Homepage
    Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it.

Thanks
    Amazing work ethic.....Tackle harder and harder material...

For instance,,,,, one huge page filled with the same pose from a refference...... Each one will improve,, polish the idea as you go instead of working the same drawing... higher levels of detail fewer construction lines.

Thanks
    Good sketches but man do you just decide hey! i know ill pump out athousand head or legs or lips. You got some patience and endurance! Give us some more.

If i shoot the J then its "Good"

please hit up the SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Hey Sideshowbob.

Amazing development from the start of your SB to here! You are really dedicated with all those studies, it looks like you are getting loads out of them and it really shows in the later character studies which are very cool.

I love the movement and flow of your style. It gives your figures a dynamic quality - it's really useful to see how you do it. I'd like to try your technique on my next anatomy session.

Thanks for dropping by my SB and for your encouragement.

Thanks

Talking

yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy long time no see.. got pretty unsatisfied with ma studies because of the... damn bastard called forehead .. hes da real ass thats why i drew a lot anyways and studied heads n heads n more heads and mooooooooore heads .. and some back muscles.. some throats.. front-upper-body -- tit-studies .. arm muscles

heads

heads

heads

heads n gestures

upper body n tits

body profile + back muscles

throat studies

i pay lotsa attention to each line i draw because .. all of them have to support the objects view.. the way i see it.. if one line is not set right (angle) u will emmediately see it and say : thats crap .. for me its like that then because i really try to orient*allign my objects*volumes inside 3Dspace *almost perfectly* .. depending on ur viewpoint u have some volumes acting diffrent inside 3D space... mostly depends on the objects*volume details... its about "how to setup complex 3D volumina".. foreheads dont like me

still need to do lotsa studies but since few days i made good improvement

eeewwww :::: wutt O_O whos da sheep ..
    kind words thx a lot u sheep² - ya ya nose is very tricky shape.. very smooth and strange placed upon the face surface.. ma noses always get bit 2 small.. + nosewings make me sick
    thx again

fakez :::: thx - thx 4 the link² - ya ur right but when i draw the hip and some other stuff i overdo them.. i draw them more extreme.. its easier to recognize the form shape and volume.. for me its easier.. when u see how to etup the extreme i just adjust the lines and angles slightly and then it looks more real or more cartoon .. more anime.. whatever i like i draw lotsa thigns extreme like that to be able to gather more perspective and detail informations

mindflaw ::::: cool link man ya the connection between hip + upper body + legs is relaly mad.. took some time to dive into it.. .. still have some problems with the butt shape thx n keep up posting

corky13 ::::: the fastes way to learn is when u understand how the heads learns and collects informations but .. when i draw.. i overdo in order to gather more informations and the way i draw.. is the way i FEEL REALITY.. at this moment i cant express my feeling good because i need to know how to draw but..reality is just like cartoon .. but the one is real and the other one is unreal.. but both have their own structure of proportions and setup i dont focus in ma style but in the way how i learn and once i know how to draw distorted i will be able to draw real too because.. theres no big difference between distorted cartoon and or distorted reality.. just derived

u cant just learn faster when u try draw real becase its almost impossible to draw real when u cant draw.. for me.. i always ask about the setup and why does thinks look like to me -> setup structure <- when u know this u learn fast.. when u just draw or copy u learn slow.. .. its easier to copy and just draw draw draw instead of thinkking about weeks month and years to develope somekind of how to learn how to draw technique.. but for me it was the only way.. to try to develope such a technique... thats what i think

baaaaaah ! ::::: yea very busy - thx - i really like to show the fluid feeling and flow balance in ma gestures - i think about dynamic and then i imagine who i would feel do make ma particular movement .. and then i feel it.. and thats what i draw.. apperception.. intentional .. yea but the intentions are emotional.. and ma feelings and emotions tell me exactly how to draw this fluid gesture stuff
    .. i draw reality how it feels to me.... its somekind of -> interpretation of reality <- thx again ²

hylandr2 ::::: no problem0 - i can show u some tips about the setup anatomy and dynamic stuff if u like
    reference : i dont copy.. but i learn the muscle names and their placement and orientation in 3D space*orbit.. i try to memorize these things and then i draw.. when i draw i use only ma head/memories .. when i use ref for learning i catch the impression i get inside my heart when i observe.. thats the thing i need to remind when i draw .. whatever i isee is used as reference.. u just have to pay attention to it.. whenever u see whatever u see ur head reminds these things but u maybe dont know it .. i dont like copy.. so i just observe and when i draw i draw from memory.. i try to - atm i mainly try to understand the anatomy stuff .. stll trying
    thx 4 ur words

rontosaurus ::::: thanks ! - hehe yea somehow i like to do perspectives too.. its lotsa fun to feel the perspective flow and controling it ya i will do expressions once i understood how to setup heads with features

imageproof ::::: thanks ya i will.. cant wait do to envirous.. but still need more studies.. for the envirous its important for me to know how to setup things like this means : how to draw perspective.. its what i learn this way too..dunno when ..but.. someday -

codakromek ::::: thaaaanks ya ur right but i need to studie a bit more in order to understand how the volume is setup and when i got this in ma head i can setup things with just a few consturction lines.. cant wait do do this >_<

willpaxton ::::: hehe - i need to understand the volumes and to do so.. u need to see the full 3Dness .. drawing objects from diffrent views.. tracking lines in 3Dspace and thinkking 3D.. spatial sense ?! yaa patience is what i need.. but this patience maybe comes from : know what u want and u do evrything.. u pay any price no matter what... :

pootle ::::: hehehahhaha thanks a lot dude yaa i love dynamic too i can give u few tips about the dynamic stuff too if u like
    thx 4 ur comment

so many comments hmm - love yu
    moooooore to come - maybe today*night thx 4 checking

Last edited by -sideshowbob-; April 16th, 2005 at 08:06 AM. Reason: love?

Thanks
    Hey man, nice works! I especially like the last set of heads you did. Some more of those would be very nice!
    Keep up mate!

-I am my imaginary friend.

- omg ftw teh sketchbook -Updated 28-01-2005- w00t pwn3d

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hey man. WHASUP??

Long time i havent checked ur stuff dude. *slap slap*

sorry man, u know how was i doin , skool, wah wah.

Yoo these figures are really awesome. i really like the way u draw ur figures. the ones with 4 hands concept is awesome. And again ur head drawing is really cool.

The last update u did is freakin nice. Lotssa improvements man. really nice,

keep it up. *Bandit* , u know what am talkin about >_<

Haf fun with ur work.
    Peace.

AMir

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks
    You have the kind of energy I only dream of. Good stuff on the last batch. very much there that I like.

Thanks

Talking

jermainevl :::: thanks yar yar more heads coming.. need more experience on drawing the half-side-front view-- the 45! degree thing >_< and the 87 other shapes i need to get a smooth head rotation

Heroic ::::: ya ya check now.-.. me havtn posted much here.. so *slap slap* but iam still drawing a lot.. well... drawing tons of studies like these °_<

eh busy with shool O_O so.. why dont u stop going to school ? and check ma stuff all the day nah nah .. u should draw u know or i come with teh *bandit* and do some *slap slap*
    .. abnways.. thaanks for ur kind words

talmir :::: since u can dream it.. its real.. just live ur dream.. thats what i do.. and .. u know.. it took some years for me to find the energy patience encouragement inspiration.. WILL POWER .. i have now.. .. what u need to know is just WHAT u want.. and WHAT u need to do in order to achieve it.. i just thought about it and it came to ma head loud n clear -.> DRAW !!! <- since that day im drawing evryday but.. u should think about it too
    once u know what u want.. i mean things u really want.. but there are only a few things we would sacrifice E V R Y T H I N G in order to achieve it

existence offers time.. and thats what we got and need to spend...u may need a better "how to learn how to draw" technique which helps u to improve <- that means not u dont need to be patience or sacrifice ur time.. its just EASIEr because that technique probbably tells u where to improve and what u need to improve.. besides u cant force urself into something u want want*like

i dont care about lotsa things which steal my time.. i mostly care about nothing.. but drawing... party friends girls money.. being someone.. beying cool being respected.. its just mah.. mostly wasted time (just what i think)

i can help u with the "how to learn how to draw" (evrything) but u need to be patient and willed to learn.. when i tell other guys how i draw how i improve an what i do in order to "improve" .. they tell me iam crazy and its boring because *insert excuses here* ^^ for me its just what i need to become pro in no time ?! i still need to be patience no matter how good these techniques u know are.. they can be the best but u need to be patience >..<

while i started drawing seriously... i had big problems with patience and stuff.. i was dumb and frustrated + -> .. i had no job.. means 24/7 at home
    i started telling me -> FU u need this in order to become pro.. i started drawing 6h a day... after some weeks i -> 8h drawing/day
    somedays i decided to draw the whole day...11h and more.. one day i think i spend 16h in drawing O_o (with a few short brakes -> toilet usage -> food preparation) besides drawing.. i think alot about drawing and how to draw techniques.. what drawing is about.. how to do the 3D illusion thing.. depth... visual effects.. how is the image in my eye created.. how do glas-lenses distort light.. how to learn how to learn ..im still developing and re-developing my how to learn how to draw technique to make it fit to the new problems .. lotsa patience needed here but i dont care.. i just care about the effectivity and efficiency of that technique becuase.. its the only way i can use to learn how to draw.. with a small guarantee.. i dont think i could see that guarantee while guys i asked how to learn how to draw .. they told me to copy..to draw draw draw .. copy comics...do some observation and bla bla meh meh sheep sheep sheep ! i dunno if iam dumb like shit.. but it was hard to understand how ppl can draw like hell and u ask them how is this possible and these guys dont know it ??? (sub-consciouness??) i got frustrated... stoped drawing for 4-5 years..

there is one thing which is always the same no matter what u wanna draw..
    its like a base.. like u need some tools when u wanna draw.. brush pen.. pencil ? .. its like the fundamental of creation of 3D volumina (are all objects 3D volumina?) how to keep drawings 3Dimensional ? x y z ? how to create 3Dimensional illusions ? .. for me this is obvious

u just need to learn it.. and i guarantee you.. yu will be able to "how to learn how to draw evrything" .. thats what i want too but its nothing when u are not patient enough ..

open ur hearth and think about "it" "yourself" and "what u want"
    and when u think u got the patience .. ask me about the technique i develope and i help u with this stuff... .. maybe ur another one who say iam crazy and this is boring .. anyways man i KNOW U CAN DO IT.. because I COULD and i was misserable furstrated and depressed and so much pain

soo.. heres another studie page... first one with heads with the 45°view
    my main problem is the "forehead" O_o he dont like me :/

but they are much betta then the one i made some weeks ago
    the head front and profile are much betta now too

stay tuned !
    thx 4 checking n commenting luv yu

Thanks
    We must be about due an update , what have you been drawing recently?

Thanks
    Baaahhhhhh :::: yaa here comes update - stuff like heads and more heads lotsa profiles and some more heads

::: unsorted ::: :::: few day old stuff ::::

EnJoY

Thanks
    cool...
    but those chins are really pointy, and imo ugly. all your heads look the same!
    try doing some other perspectives on the head besides just a straight-on view. i think it'd really help you if you were to pick up some anatomy books, seriously. keep it up

edit: oh, and also.. try not to make the curves so extreme, especially on those male figures. it looks like they have a pretty wide and muscular chest, then it goes down to like a 2 inch waist and i say "wtf?". just stop it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    aaah, the studies

you are the mr.study man

always interesting to view your art, keep on doing them!

cheers man !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS