Art: website critique

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks

website critique

heya... i have a new site that im interested in hearing you guy's thoughts on. id post in the not finished forum(as that seems to be where the website critiques are)... but im finished with this. thanks

http://liquid2k.com/mharett/

chris.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Not bad.. Im not a big fan of the vertical words/buttons.. they are kind of hard to read, but I am at a high resolution.

Im not sure what the left hand area is for.. but it is kind of large..

The color scheme is nice.. Kind of hard to read the font color... might want to either bump it up one font size or change it to black.

Dunno.. If I think of anything else, ill let you know.

peace.

-Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    thanks for the comments... youre right about that text, it is a little light. and about the side area... most of my designs are kinda experimental... i try to make the site itself look cool, and have it be functional. im not sure what i can do about those buttons nav buttons... the whole vertical thing was the key element of this design... ill have to think on that.

thanks again.
    chris

Thanks
    I really like the "cool" as in temperature color scheme you have going...as well as the graphic nature of the site in general...I'm not totaly down with the verticle text...I instinctivly want to tilt my head...I think would better if placed normal even though it will be less dynamic....but your art should be the focus..everything else secondary..to it. Looking good otherwise..can't wait to see it with content!

Thanks
    I like your navigation. simple but effective. too many sites are too much design and not wnough functionality. good job, I like.:chug:

-Nate

Thanks
    Looks very nice Chris, very good and carefull use of color. Like the typeface (univers extra bold condensed?)

I personally think readabillity goes above everything, so I am not very fond of the vertical text. You cannot rotate a monitor like a brochure. If you rotate the whole thing 90degrees, you got yourself a very good looking website! I just hope the clean style will fit with your artwork btw.

Anyway: put some content in it now.
    cheers, jeroentje

Thanks
    thanks alot guys, ill get to filling it up soon. college is starting today so ill have less time, but i will get it up and running soon nonetheless. i think i may just make the vetircle buttons have a regular icon in them with an onMouseover script to show what it is in a different field. for instance, draw a little pencil and when the mouse goes over it the text 'art' shows in a different part of the table. also, the logo in yellow... that being vertical is pretty much a major design element. how would it look if i only made the buttons more readable and left the title logo vertical? is that part readable?

thanks!
    chris

Mistoffeleez Guest
    hey

the splash page is pretty bland. maybe toss in a fast loading sketch (gives the user an idea of what the site is about) and shrink some of the text a bit. Or just get rid of it altogether.

I think its good you are trying to reach as large an audience as possible offering a Netscape and IE version...but I didn't see any really complex layout issues that would result in different appearances for the browsers. Besides...its a pain in the butt to update 1 site regularly...I'd hate to have to update the same stuff 2 times! But it's your call.

only other things would be the stuff everyone else is saying: vertical buttons, maybe better contrast between the HTML text and background.

its loads fast and if you can fix those buttons will be very straightforward. simple is always good on the web.

elvis rocks!

Thanks

Keep it simple...navigation-wise

Hey Chris,

You want your visitors focusing on the content: your experiments and images, right? So keep the navigation simple and straightforward - it's a frame for your vision and shouldn't need interpretation. Go crazy with the content!

my .02,

t

Thanks
    wow, good comments again. ill take what you all said into consideration...

the reason for the splash is this: my site runs on tables... and last i checked, tables dont function right in netscape. maybe i just have an old version, i dont know. let me know if it looks fine in the new netscape!

thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.