Need some input here

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Need some input here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Need some input here

I am trying to draw from the perspective of another above the two engaged in this. What I'm finding to be a bit of a problem is the anatomy for the equine's back, and the feathering for the gryphon creature.

Anyone have some hints? Maybe red-line something to show me what it would look like?

Need some input here

Thank you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is the horse dead or screaming in pain?

If it's dead I would suggest adding some areas where flesh has peeled or bone is showing on the face to clear that up. Right now it kinda looks like that horse is alive, so in the case that thats the correct way to perceive it, congratulations, you've succeeded.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Horse is alive... I tried to make it look like the gryphon just pounced onto its side to take it down. Below, I was going to try and show that the ground is below the two from the top-down.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool idea.
    if you want good reference material it seems you will need pics of horses rolling around.
    if i was getting them id look for rodeo images or horse wranglers/breakers online.
    google is good and image houses like corbis are good places to look.
    a good toy horse is a handy thing to have.
    i have many little horses in varry scales , mostly 1:72nd models since you get many poses and they are super cheep you can gai na good idea of how they move etc.

id say from the neck down on your horse is beginign to look a little human, a hors ein this situation wouldnt allow its fron legs to be pinned against itself - theyd be lashing out etc - id try and rework one leg at least so its free - most likelly the closest foreleg...perhaps the fastest way to do that would be to curl it up betwean the griffons neck and shoulder/wing?
    anyway - horse legs are hard -
    id get a skeleton profile and a muscle picture too.
    or check cowboy comic ref stuff.

hope some that helps - wings are feathers are looking good already -
    keep updating this thread - im interested to see how it goes. good luck man

max-cant

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Humm...

I dont think you should worry too much about the feathers. When you render it you dont have to draw every one of them.
    It's a man/horse, right? It does look a bit petrified, as in still. Raising one of it's hands might help.
    I wouldnt worry about the perspecitve either. You will not see a horizon line so you can pick your vanishing point somewhere outside the frame, probably to the right and run some parallel features towards it. If you include strong diagonals crossing each other you will heighten the drama and make it more exciting. Also, clouds of dust can be used to cover any weak areas as can foreground elements like foliage or rubble.

Hope this is a help. I've bodged many a job with half remembered tricks like these. Dont feel bad about it. Embrace the good bits. There is probably enough infomation in your drawing to made a decent picture.

Rob

Brutal crits for today,
    regrets for tomorrow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks really really good so far, and I specially love it because I am a big Gryphon-fanatic
    The only thing I would suggest you to think of it the position of the Gryphon's head, if he wants to kill the horse (I think so ..? ) he should try to bite into the carotid or the throat at all. But don't see that too heavy it's just my suggestion
    Thinking about the feather stuff, if you going to paint it digital it would look really realistic if you shade each feather but that will take you for a while, here is a little redline sketchie I did in the break.
    Just another question, where do you plan to put the horse's front-legs? Are they hidden by the gryph on the other side, and the full back of the horse is just visible?

Need some input here

Yep, Keep on it, it is coming along great!

Lost in this Dimension - Found in the Sky

Time to draw something.. NOW!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pic looks cool so far but might i recomend one thing if you wouldnt mind me saying this.
    The feet + claws of the Gryphon would look coll if they were a bit bigger, not longer but just a bit bigger giving the Gryphon power + dominance in the picture,
    I dont know its just me talking........... whatever you do I cant wait to see it finished

You will never get another today tomorrow!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.