Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

I just went out and saw this movie, and I thought it was awesome. For the most part, I the plot was pretty kewl. But, what was great were the visuals. This movie is a work of art. The look and feel of the movies was kinda old and dirty but their was technology. I find it hard to explain the look of the movie, so I suggest you go and see for yourself. Their are some incredible shots, like when they show the ladies house over a cliff, and when they first walk onto the dock in that town.

Besides the way it looked, I thought Jim Carrey was great. Including Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind and this, I have really gained a lot of respect for Jim Carrey as an Actor, not just a really funny goof.

Anyway, for anyone elese that has seen it, what did you think? I found it very inspiring, as far as artwork goes.

BTW, for the baby, was that all cg or was it mixed with shots of a realy baby. Cause, the baby was done very well.

Sanby

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That baby was fantastic, in fact those three child actors were up to snuff.

I thought the movie was beautiful, great set design, great costume design. It was dark and wonderful.

I like jim carrey's costume... but to be honest i think i could see the actor jim carrey underneath too well. too many scenes where he does typical jim carrey faces/stunts. I'm there to get my disbelief suspended not to see an actor do his schtick.

Other than that, the movie should have been called a series of uneventful events. not too thrilling or moving, but a pleasure to the eye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol, eneventful events. I thought that is was acctually pretty moving until the end, which I thought was a bit of a let down for some reason. The season that really stuck with me was when Jim carrery as the italian guy is sitting in the hall at night and he is out of focus but you can tell he is holding a big knife. PRetty freaky I thought.

Sanby

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My favorite part, though I did like the entire movie, was the credits. The animation they had playing was a very awesome style.

I agree though, with Eternal Sunshine and this movie, Jim Carrey is definitly showing he can act.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, the credits really kicked ass.

Sanby

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.