Thanks

Help with the composition

Hi,
    i am using painter 7 with this picture. I would like some help in everything actually. Composition, anatomy, idea etc

Help with the composition

Thank you!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey, I think this looks really good, his leg may be a bit long but, I may be wrong... I have a question though.... What is that black liquid on the floor??? also, everything seems to have the same value.. Try and change it up a bit... Sharpen the image a little also... and his left hand is a bit large also.. Other than that it looks very good... Hope my comments help..
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Agreed with the left hand is too big comment by vigostar. The left hand is further away from us and to sell that illusion, just needs to go a touch smaller. I'd also try to define the thumb on that hand as well- it gets lost in there a bit and I'd also sharpen up the right hand. Make that right hand look as though it's wrapped around forcibly around that weapon- heck, the guy just swung it pretty hard and right now he looks as though he's just palming the weapon. Strong hands make for strong poses!

Regrading the black goo, I'd make more of it! After all if he did slice off an appendage of that size, think about how much blood would be inside of the creature to support that appendage. But be very careful on how you spatter the black goo. Use the shape of the goo to your advantage and carefully put it around the image to help the composition and not just spatter it haphazardly. Have a rationale for it and use it judiciously.

I'd also watch the uniformity of the shadows around the tentacle ends. Vary them a little so the tentacles look as though they didn't fall evenly on the ground or even give them the illusion that they're still flopping around.

Other than those hints I think it rocks. Keep going & we'd love to see the updates on this one!

Thanks
    Thanks for your help, guys!

I will fix the hand and the leg, and try to follow your suggestions!

vigostar: What did you mean by "have the same value"? Are you saying that it has no contrast?

Thanks
    Personally I like the starkness of the harsh contrast. It's a deep moody piece and shouldn't be so soft.

Thanks
    you know.... Taking another look at this I agree with storyboard Dave... I see the contrast is on for this particular piece... I didnt even realize the first time around that was an apendage.... Wow, makes more sense... and I do agree once more with Dave... add more Goo...
    Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vigostar
    you know.... Taking another look at this I agree with storyboard Dave... I see the contrast is on for this particular piece... I didnt even realize the first time around that was an apendage.... Wow, makes more sense... and I do agree once more with Dave... add more Goo...
    Strategically placed goo please!