Art: Metabaron in color

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Metabaron in color

    I did this pic for the Travis Charest Metabarons contest on his forum, I wasnnt allowed to use photoshop for the contest but I did this just for fun before starting a new project.



    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He looks very snooty.

    Why do you get all the lunch in the world?

    Become an accountability partner in my struggle to stop sketching on lined paper, click here.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim
    He looks very snooty.
    He's French!



    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    GA and the world
    Posts
    4,500
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 122 Times in 63 Posts
    Very cool. I like the soft, moddy feel juxtaposed against the hard, gritty subject. He looks like a cross between Lando's major domo and Lex Luther.

    That near boot doesn't really jibe with the rest of the piece (a little cartoony). Man, lame crit.

    Nice job.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Look its megaman all grown up.
    I see alot of bullet holes and smoke coming out of those guns, but no ejected shells anywhere, are they just hiding behind the rocks or are they electric/plasma weapons, if so that would explain the cord on the pistol. Also why would he have a need for a silencer, he doesn't look like the stealthy spy type.

    All in all I like the picture, just needs a bit more explaining.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really like the handgun, very nice picture! 8)

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    this reminds me that I'm still not having the tikal series complete ... argh. The Metabaron is one of the coolest 'sidekicks' in any comic. You've sort of catched that 'metabaron' feeling that Möbius had going on.

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Very cool. I like the soft, moddy feel juxtaposed against the hard, gritty subject. He looks like a cross between Lando's major domo and Lex Luther.

    That near boot doesn't really jibe with the rest of the piece (a little cartoony). Man, lame crit.

    Nice job.
    Thank you!



    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryst Blackshadow
    Look its megaman all grown up.
    I see alot of bullet holes and smoke coming out of those guns, but no ejected shells anywhere, are they just hiding behind the rocks or are they electric/plasma weapons, if so that would explain the cord on the pistol. Also why would he have a need for a silencer, he doesn't look like the stealthy spy type.

    All in all I like the picture, just needs a bit more explaining.
    LOL! Yeah, the design is quite megamanish huh? As for shell casings well you hit the nail on the head, they are energy weapons. As for the silencer, thats not what I had intended, just a smooth barreled gun is all! I'm glad u liked it though! Thanks!

    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotboebel
    I really like the handgun, very nice picture! 8)
    Many thanks!



    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balton
    this reminds me that I'm still not having the tikal series complete ... argh. The Metabaron is one of the coolest 'sidekicks' in any comic. You've sort of catched that 'metabaron' feeling that Möbius had going on.
    I think you know more about this character than I do my friend! I have never read the books but I will probably pick them up when Humanoids puts em out in the US. Thank you for the kind words!



    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •