long time reader, first time poster (image dump)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ive been watching these forums for months now and never really had an urge to post anything. i post all of my artwork on my personal web site - http://monkeytopia.cjb.net - if you'd like to see more head over and give me a visit.

Please post comments, iId love to hear what you guys think.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the way you copy other stuff that has been done before.

Study in detail. Vivesection

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe, well i dont see anything wrong with that. But it is better to create some of your own stuff. Fan art is cool, i know because even i do it sometimes, but its even better when you come up with something yourself. Also, alot of the professionals on this forum would definatly recommend studying muscular anatomy...aka Life drawing. Try sharpening up some of your lines also, they kinda look smudged a bit (especially in the first one of Doc Oc)

Anyway, the best advice i can tell you is to keep drawing ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'Math may have been a tad on the harsh side. While there is very little originality in these, they do show a lot of potential. I think what you could really profit by is some "seeing" exercises. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is packed full of these and would really kick you to the next level. The stuff may seem silly at first, but you'd be surprised at the results.

The level of effort in these shows you have the will to draw, which is most of what it takes. If you really want to get better (and you're not bad right now), go here and gnash through the golden, juicy pulp.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'Math may have been a tad on the harsh side. While there is very little originality in these, they do show a lot of potential. I think what you could really profit by is some "seeing" exercises. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain is packed full of these and would really kick you to the next level. The stuff may seem silly at first, but you'd be surprised at the results.

The level of effort in these shows you have the will to draw, which is most of what it takes. If you really want to get better (and you're not bad right now), go to the Helpful section and look at the top post. There is a slew of good advice for getting better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this isn't everything I draw. I have lots of other work lying around unscanned and a lot of other stuff on my website. thanks for the (mostly)positive comments. this is just a selection of stuff i personally like, and not everything i posted is just "fanart." true, the majority is, but i wasn't really thinking about that when i posted this...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

Please excuse me if I seemed harsh; but sometimes I have found the critiques here to be a little on the weak side. I come off very sarcastic in print.

My point is that I think you would benefit from studying in detail, in the same way you study the subjects of the movies/comics you have posted here. The fact that you can draw these with a relative grasp of perspective, form, light does show a lot of potential. 'all I'm really trying to say is study some anatomy and try some heavyduty light studies and at the same time pulling from your imagination to create something. The fact that you only posted stuff from well known creature/ character images is kinda boring (my opinion).
    I would like to see some original "conceptart".

I realize I should probably post something before I start blathering about other peoples art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the actually critique this time around blackmath. i do appreciate it and seeing as everyone pretty much said the same thing about studying anatomy ill try and do just that.

also, the second picture down and the second from the bottom are not fanart, they are my own creations.

thanks everyone.

Members who have read this thread: 1