still lifes

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: still lifes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

still lifes

hey this is one of my first threads or w/e and its jsut two still lifes...one of which isnt even done cuz i got paint on it somehow so i stoped ...But never the less id like to know what you think..i know they arent amazing but it was a try. They were for my art 3 class this year in highschool...Boring stuff but you gotta do it.

this one is rock paper and scissors
    still lifes

this is a...iron haha and i was just messin aroudn with a face it was my friend molly but i made her look like a cartoon just to piss my teacher off
    still lifes

ok i put this on in the last thread i did but i deleted it somehow! its like..half of a really bad self portrait ...oh and i was to have 6 arms in it also.. thats why the chest area is jacked up

still lifes

gotta start somewhere
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    high school? same here bro!

Crits: the first one, the paper is too shiny (beautiful composition with the scissors though) Wheres the rock?

Cool self portrait. Get some darks in the face especially. Push the forms

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The scissors and the iron (especially) are top notch. Very smooth and exciting to look at. The face isn't quite of the same quality, however. It seems like you drew what you thought you should see, vice what was there. The hands aren't so bad, but the face is filled with symbols for the elements, instead of the elements themselves. It's like how someone will draw a line with a fluffy ball on top to represent a tree. It looks like no tree on earth, but we all see it as a tree. The nose and mouth are pretty obviously a nose and mouth, but do not appear to be affected by light or space. The shirt, as well, doesn't appear to be made of actual fabric and the torso is far too narrow.

The first two are very good, indicating just how good the third could be.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ahh groovy thanks alot...yeah umm well thr torso is very small beacuse...i Am very small..(skinny wise) haha but yeah now that i look at it it might of been way over done..unless its a wrinkle in the shirt...cuz i cut half the pic off cuz it wouldnt fit in my scanne r oh and the rock is in the lower left hand corner also..it was a black rock and it totally mixed in with the scissors..BUt yeah ill keep tryin to get better thanks alot pplz

gotta start somewhere

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.