Iraq War Videos

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iraq War Videos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Iraq War Videos

EDIT BY MODERATOR: I decided not to get rid of this stuff, but felt it important to WARN of graphic content. There are younger and more-sensitive viewers here, so just please be careful when following a link. -feeb

Iraq War Videos

The videos on this site are unbelievable. No words to describe them. Incredible. Especially the third one.

Last edited by feeb; December 22nd, 2004 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Post was reported to admins/mods
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If its the same one I downloaded some time ago...its the same team that appeared on TIME magazine about 2 weeks back.

They're pounding the insurgent hideouts with Javelin and AT-4 rockets...and even the old DRAGONs are being brought out from the inventory.

If anything, its classic guerilla warfare tactics by the Al Qaeda. Piss off the big elephant.....get the hell out....let the elephant stampede all over causing massive damage to the original inhabitants (who are frustrated anyway)....then raise a big hoo ha in the media about civillian casualties. Classic tactic.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep darth... crapola times 20. Ima stop saying God bless America and start saying freakin God bless the world. Cause I think everybody needs it more than the popular clique.

"Do the best that you wanna do." -My personal quote.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35829

Sketchbook Thread. Look at it, rate it, post and crit on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The really wild part of these videos for me is seeing what is going on right now. In past wars it usually takes a feature film about the war to really capture what went on. Technology today brings the war home to us civilians in full digital reality. It's amazing to me. Just thinking about what those guys are dealign with over there is incredible. But to actually see it...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Darth, it seems like you've been brainwashed by war propaganda.

That nightvision part where the apache pilots shoot a guy crawling and wounded is pretty nasty.

war ain't good for nuthin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think I'm brainwashed. I didn't specify clearly....I meant the Al Qaeda went in picking a fight, then backing out of it only for the militant Fallujah residents to get finished off by the Americans. These people were fighting for their homes, the Al Qaeda bastards were there for a political reason.

Then the Al Qaeda will use civvy losses as part of their propoganda campaign again to say the Coalition are not doing their job and they are a failure.

Its classic guerilla tactic, luring the elephant into a bad battle ground and using the media to distort news to their political gain.

Before anyone says anything, Bush and WMDs are already out of the picture, we're talking streetfights and distortion of media on both sides.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so civilian casualties aren't as bad if the al qaeda is the one talking about them?

looks like we fell right into their trap. silly americans.

"The secret is to follow the advice given by the Masters in their work by doing something other than what they have done." - Edgar Degas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love the way you give al qaeda all the credit for the iraqi insurgency.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so civilian casualties aren't as bad if the al qaeda is the one talking about them?
    That's not what he's saying. He's saying it's a tactic, not passing a value judgment on it. The fact of the matter is that the insurgents are outgunned, so they get creative and use civillians as a lever against Coalition troops, or anyone else for that matter, to help build sympathy for their "cause".

Understanding what they are doing doesn't condone it.

War just sucks all the way around.

EDIT: and al qaeda wasn't in Iraq when the U.S. invaded. They *may* be operating there now, but they weren't at the beginning of this. And, for the record, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Let's keep our facts straight.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Oregano!!

I'd use the same tactics if I had the world's mightiest army gunning after me too. One of those AT-4s could take out a light tank when placed correctly, no prizes for guessing what it does to soft buildings....and badly constructed ones in Fallujah.

Its a perfect example of Sun Tzu's tactic.....when lesser in numbers, be able to concede your position and retreat.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sun Tzu also said this: All war is deception.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Somehow stumbled across this and it reminded me of these videos:

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/nov...4videogame.htm

They will even kill a family of 5 or so fleeing the fallejuah blitz across a river...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your right, that is sad. very sad. I remember back when only bad guys were killed during wars.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need to find this article, but in it they were saying that in WW I ten percent on casualties were civilian, then in WW II it jumped to like sixty percent or something, but now in current wars it's usually almost ninety percent civilian casualties. I looked for the article but couldn't find it, so you can call bullshit on me, but I know it's out there, I think I saw it on The Drudge Report.

Some estimate thirteen thousand Iraqi's died in the initial "shock and awe" campaign. Some say way more, some say way less. I do know that one count of civilian deaths so far was at least a hundred thousand. If that number is right that about equal to 25 times the deaths on 9/11.

It's really sad thinking of all those kids and families, all dead. Not to mention the almost 900 kids who have lost a parent here in America: war kids

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No comment on that article's contents, will keep those to myself...don't want to get flamed .

I don't need reporters to tell me civillian losses were taken on a daily basis. I've talked to a former fighter pilot serving in the Korean conflict. Flying F38 North American Sabres. They strafed everything that moved. Civillians, non coms, soldiers, targets of opportunity. Few more veterans I talked to in person or over the internet said the same thing.....if you're unsure, just kill everone.

We do however need to see actual numbers. 100000 is just an estimate of the Iraqis lost up till 2 months ago. The actual number could be more. There is no way to properly account for the numbers. But we need to figure out a way ASAP to get them!

The point is I can emphatise with the Iraqis.....no one likes a foreign army occupying their land, holding guns at legitimate citizens and acting like they own the place. I would also scrutinuse all the leadership's actions....Al Sadr isn't putting much of a fight now he's offered 23 seats in the parliament (and lobbying for more). Before he was branded as an insurgent leader and marked for death......says a lot about who the peons are fighting for and what the hell they're losing their lives for......

Another big issue I have with the situation. That pissing match on the international scene is frustrating me. The politicians are busy playing children's games....oh I won't help them now because 2 years ago they didn't respect the rules of the game and went ahead to invade iraq.....We Vetoed against it!

That bridge had been cross and the problems are rising.....solve the issue together while pressing for US acknowledgement for their faults in the campaign or whatever the world wants the American government to do, both can happen simultaneously....it is in the world's interest that Al Qaeda's do not influence more around the world to take up the campaign of terror. Since 1998 I thought the UN was more or less a playground for politicians to play their pissing game with each other and a great way for corruption to take place (Yugoimport scandal)....the incompetence of the UN is never more highlighted in recent times. That and sending loads of talented young people into war zones risking their lives for innocents in the war.

I apologise if I sound cynical about everything....because its fucked up and it frustrates me to see people not getting to the problem but rather place their pride and personal gains too high on the "to do" list.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stalecracker
    I remember back when only bad guys were killed during wars.
    Really? What wars were those?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Independance day. Those fuckers were evil.

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPalida
    Independance day. Those fuckers were evil.
    yeah, but they killed civillians too. But their ships were cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougbot
    I need to find this article, but in it they were saying that in WW I ten percent on casualties were civilian, then in WW II it jumped to like sixty percent or something, but now in current wars it's usually almost ninety percent civilian casualties. I looked for the article but couldn't find it, so you can call bullshit on me, but I know it's out there, I think I saw it on The Drudge Report.

Some estimate thirteen thousand Iraqi's died in the initial "shock and awe" campaign. Some say way more, some say way less. I do know that one count of civilian deaths so far was at least a hundred thousand. If that number is right that about equal to 25 times the deaths on 9/11.

It's really sad thinking of all those kids and families, all dead. Not to mention the almost 900 kids who have lost a parent here in America: war kids
    World War II brought in new warfare such as carpet bombing cities, not to mention that little thing called the holocaust which alone accounted for a large portion of the casualities. I believe there were around 20 million military deaths in WWII and just as many if not more civilian deaths.

DCivilian casualty percentages are only so low nowadays because military deaths are so low due to improved tactics and equipment. As bad as our losses are, 1500 military deaths are not a lot for taking a country and holding it while attempting to limit civilian deaths over the course of 2-3 years, especially with an enemy willing to kill themselves to kill you.

I would like to see how much of that 100,000 death estimate in Iraq is caused by their own people. Every day it seems the insurgents kill another 100+ innocent iraqis, not to mention the ones that are maimed and tortured that aren't found for months later. As wrong as it may have been to go into iraq, the insurgents have to also realize that the US doesn't want to stay there, and the more they kill their own people and cause trouble the longer the US is going to be there. If they just stop and let elections take place, security will be good enough for the US to just leave and let them runt themselves. They could have stopped all this bloodshed long ago.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If they just stop and let elections take place, security will be good enough for the US to just leave and let them runt themselves. They could have stopped all this bloodshed long ago.
    If they stop and US will go away the security won't be stable. If anything as soon as US leaves the "democratic sham" is going to be shattered by those very insurgents. The revolution has to come from within not without as it happened.

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aye...in agreement there....the issues aren't so simplistic....but it does seem simple enough on the surface....that's why the coalition are getting into deeper shit as the days go by.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If only wars were like episodes of the A-team, no one would ever get killed and Mr T would get his glass of milk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It'd be better being more like McGuyver. We could solve all our problems with an old shoe, some telephone wire and a coconut.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It'd be better being more like McGuyver. We could solve all our problems with an old shoe, some telephone wire and a coconut.
    You forgot the paperclip.

...and Poland.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Magyver was brilliant..perhaps even more so than the A -Team, its hard to tell. But the a team had boy george for one episode... that was special

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I HAVE IT!!! Magnum PI, McGuyver and the A-Team form a "coalition of the amazing", and end the war with no deaths, using a coconut, telephone wire, and a shoe. Poland stops by and offers BA some fresh Polish milk. Then BA drinks his milk, and Boy George starts singing a song for all the Iraqi children as our heroes fly off into the sunset.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I HAVE IT!!! Magnum PI, McGuyver and the A-Team form a "coalition of the amazing", and end the war with no deaths, using a coconut, telephone wire, and a shoe. Poland stops by and offers BA some fresh Polish milk. Then BA drinks his milk, and Boy George starts singing a song for all the Iraqi children as our heroes fly off into the sunset.
    I pitty da fool who leaves Mr. T out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Who's gonna leave Mr T out!?

Why's Magnum PI in the team?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by darth massacre
    Why's Magnum PI in the team?
    because he was the Viet Nam vet. Plus he had that whole unspoken psychic thing going. Plus, he got Higgens backing him.

Dougbot - that was bloody fucking brilliant. I was laughing so hard I was crying. fucking brilliant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.