:: chenga daily sketch book ::
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: :: chenga daily sketch book ::

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

:: chenga daily sketch book ::

conceptart.org really rocks and inspiring. I wish could be an apprentice to all the great people here that inspired.

I decided to learn to draw...really learn from everyone here. Below are some of my sketches that i did and shame to show to anyone. Somehow, i have to xpose me ugly stuff in order to get critics and comment, so to learn.

Thankyou. C & C is welcome!

Last edited by chenga; January 30th, 2007 at 08:26 AM. Reason: down-size images.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hi

I like your sketchs...keep up the good work and try doing more figures in different poses, or still life like trees and shoes.
    nice job.
    Peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not so much ugly in your stuff , but try to keep the "blur" in your pictures down a bit, and try to work more on the details...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zeroX: Thank you for the motivation Y_Y thank you....i should do more still
    life drawing. Hope 2morrow can upload more drawings here.

Deathwish: Thank you Y_Y for ur valuable critics. About the "blur", damn i
    didnt notice it all the way. I use a wacom and scribble away in
    photoshop. Besides that, I think i am lack of training and
    knowledge in drawing lines. All the scribble crappy lines really
    shows im not understanding the form or the object that i draw.

Thank you for all your critics. It really helps and i am eager to improve myself. Hmmm, i should stop scribbing with wacom, instead should go back to basic, grab the 2b pencil beginner's best friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    me speak n write broken english.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some updates of my daily sketch. Done in photoshop and open canvas.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Hare Krishna. and be happy.

Last edited by chenga; November 8th, 2005 at 01:20 PM. Reason: re-organise posted ds into a single jpeg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some very nice sketches you have here chenga, there are some anatomical problems here and there but none that couldn’t be fixed with some patient observation of the human body and practice. The only thing I fell needs to be pointed out specifically is in the sketch of the women in black. Firstly her shading is inconsistent, you see this most prevalently in the small shaded area of her stomach that is visible to us compared to the completely unshaded back-side just to the right of it which jumps out to me. Secondly the white piece of cloth hanging off her dress really confuses me...I’m not really sure why but it just fells off to me. Any way good stuff hoping to see more work of yours in the future.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alekths : thank you for ur critics. You hav pointed out lots of thing that i never consider when sketch something; logic of light source, i should set a directional light before hand. And regarding the anatomy, Y_Y I fell shame on that, my hand nvr collaborate with what i see ---->
    I m gonna go to get a mirror by this weekend, put it my room, get my own reflection as an object for self-study in anatomy. I shall update my sketch book by this coming monday, hope i could really "think" before what i draw.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha dont be so hard on your self with lighting mistakes, I make TONS of them, you could even say its my greatest weakness. Oh and drawing your self from a mirror is always an excelent idea for practice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Beginner's thread...dun click.

Hola! It is been quite sometime that i didn't update my daily sketchbook. I am learning to draw with black and tones; as learn to paint the form of an object.

Last edited by chenga; November 25th, 2005 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a bad dream last nite; I dreamt being badly condemn by someone in public, "Your work SUCKS!...bla bla bla." I woke up with tensed, thus i painted this right after bed. Yes, the dream really meant it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hola! I have been working on a set of supernatural demoniac characters which based on local folklore and paranormal stories that I heard and grow up with. First one, the Black Cat; it is to believe if a black cat jumps over a corpse on the 1st night of the dead-during midnight- the dead shall walk the earth again. Therefore, family of the dead ones shall take turn to be watcher and guard the dead body where it situated in the main entrance of the house, which usually is the living room.

In my point of view, black-color cat is to be seen as something bad and associated with evil in most folklore. Hence, I try to design an evil-looking black cat which belongs to the keeper’s of death. I assume it has a paranormal physical state, odd-scary looking. I see quite lots of dead cats when I ride to work in the morning. Most of it is being crushed or smashed by cars on the road...… (All the entrails, bloods, unidentified parts splatter here and there….poor soul) From there, I attempt to visualize the 9th life of the
    black cat which comes back with grief and eternal hellish-pain: it lost two back limbs, dislocated jaw joint, tear-apart lower body……

Below is one of my concept thumbnails, which I am going to visualize it in 3D.
    C & c r most welcome. Btw, I m still gathering folklore about black cat, got any good reading to recommend?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

i was learning and exercising how to paint an eye in wacom with ps. This is my 1st attempt to do so.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last edited by chenga; November 25th, 2005 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Compile all drawings into single jpg: space saving :)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

You are just getting better and better

Some of your stuff in photoshop is great

how do you lose inspiration?

Keep going you are doing great

Ashemoto

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ashemoto: Thanks for the words

It is been a while for not updating my ds, which means I didn't draw any stuff I got myself a new job last month, and I could find a little spare time before bed, for continue to draw. Finally, I just got most of my messy sketches scanned and upload it here.

Before that, I came across a piece of ps stuff that i did last year

Somehow, I decided to post it here.

Last edited by chenga; November 25th, 2005 at 04:17 PM. Reason: (1+1)1=1 : space saving.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Below is the sketches that I begin to draw, which dated from July 05 till yesterday. I decided to stop doing handrawn art in ps anymore, at least for a while. Why? Because I realised that I can't even draw properly with pencil on paper. Then, whats the point working in ps for imitating those great cg artists which i admire most in here. Thus, back to basic...

Last edited by chenga; January 30th, 2007 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last edited by chenga; January 30th, 2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: downsize images

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last edited by chenga; January 30th, 2007 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After few drawing days, I find out the major problems for all the character that I drew before; bad posing and proportion. Besides that, I have track down most of the drawn-character's hand, is never properly draw "nicely". Why? I dunno the basic anatomy of it. But strangely, I could model organic stuff in 3D, but when comes to drawing......

Ya, I really lack of understanding of basic anatomy, and I never did a life-drawing b4. I must learn to draw from "inside-out", for solving most of my drawing problems.

Thus, I found an anatomy book by Hogarth in my bookshelf. Shamely to say, it is the only anatomy stuff I had and I seldom flip it. Anyways, I am going to flip it more frequent in the future. I dunno where to start for improving my human anatomy understanding, and for the mean while, I guess doing some replica drawing from Hogarth's teaching would be much easier for a dumb ass like me.

I think my current sketchbook gonna fill-up with anatomy stuffs in future.

C & c r most welcome!

Last edited by chenga; January 30th, 2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: resized images

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phew! its been a while for not updating my ds
    Below is some doodles that i did during day time in studio while waiting for playblast...

Here is something i did at home:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anatomy studies!!! Grghh, more replica drawings from Hogarth's "dynamic figure drawing".... I have been trying to learn anatomy by copy-copy- and hope it would help to improve my drawings.

Last edited by chenga; January 30th, 2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: down-sized images

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, thats it! Below is the last entry for my ds between September till Oct. And, October is going to end soon, I guess there isn't much time left for me to draw more. Sigh~ i am having really bad crunch time in studio, and hardly any time left for me to draw draw draw.....argh......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hav been trying to draw character in various poses through imagination; my knowledge of anatomy and proportion is still in the infancy state. I need to draw more...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hav been thinking of create a lowpoly-rogue character. Thus, I try to come out some design of it; I thought of an elongated figure, whom could move swiftly in stealth mode. Besides that, it wears a vest which is a combination of 2 big bags, for storing stolen goodies, and act as sort of armor to deflect any decent attack.

Yet, another terrible drawing with bad anatomy n posing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hav been trying hard on doing some replica drawings about anatomy...I hope one day I could draw a more believable character with good posing n better silhouette. At the moment, my drawing skills seem not improving much...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I decided to make the in-progress lowpoly-rogue character as female, thus I try to come out some design of her. The concept itself still very lame, I am thinking of adding some muscular amazon outlook yet not decreasing the agility of her. I haven’t finalized the design yet, and I’m open for all sorts of C&C.

I have tried to draw some anatomy stuff through imagination. The suggested mode of anatomy drawing from Hogarth really rocks! It really helps me out to imagine and visualize anatomy stuff in more depth and solid. I m going to continue work harder into this, and hopefully I could draw better in the end of next year.

It is almost end of the month. And, I think there isn't much more time for new drawings. I shall carry forward what’s in my mind for next month ds. Phew, I have been forcing myself to draw daily since Sept 05. Now, I found that I love to draw and I can't stop myself to draw more. I feel that it is good and become a habit of mine.
    Yesterday, I got so lucky that able to have a "sneak peek" of my animation supervisor’s in-progress animated-shortfilm. And, all the concept art and drawings of my respectable a. supervisor really blown me away; it is not just about beautiful drawing, colors, composition and wonderful concept, there is so much Life in it. And, looking back at my current own ds thread, it full of rubbish and meaningless vaguely doodles. Sigh, I hope to reach that state by drawing everyday for 15 years. I need to work 10x times harder....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phew! Its already 2006! And I havent update my ds for quite sometime.
    Below are what i got so far.

Besides drawing, I am trying to learn anatomy in other ways too; I hav trying to sculpt a basic human anatomy stuff with plasticine. for enchance my own understanding about anatomy through a more tangible medium.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is been a while for not updating my dailysketch book. And, I hav been moodly for really sometime. I feel the depression in myself getting deeper each day as my dream to be a seasonal pro artist is shattered. I don't know what to; I am jobless now. Though, I am really down, somehow my innerself keep on recall me to draw...After all, Im jobless, aimless, and penny less too. "Why not just draw? But, what should i draw?" A series of questions came into my mind. I did try out to draw, however all the my drawings are so crap......I am so down...I tear it all off my sketchbook...

Afterwhile, erm for quite sometime actually, the daily sketchgroup in cgtalk sparks me to draw again. I found that, in that "time-limit" mode of sketchgroup, nobody cares u r sucks or what, the main concern is honest to yourself by working within the time limit. Below were some entries that I did for ds group in cgtalk.

After I did some doodle in ps, I suddenly fell that wanna paint something with ps. So, I decided to paint Akane Soma, a beautiful race queen. And, I paint with a reference. But as you could see, the end result is something else...quite dissapointing. Anyhow, I would proudly to say this is my 1st ever fully completed digital painting. Bansai~!

Last edited by chenga; January 30th, 2007 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I painted this in ps yesterday, with a photographic reference. Overall, it took nearly 7 hour before i retired in the evening. I am trying to achieve realism yet I always f***up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2