Sketchbook: NightVision Sketchbook - update Oct 6th, 2008 - Pics only on page 4 - Page 3

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Nightvision. I really like the last update.

C&C: I notice the arm are only half done. It just looks a bit weird because the legs are rendered alot more than the arms. I think its ok to have them rendered at different stage but the arms are too far behind if you know what I mean. Make sure you work the entire piece and not just specific areas.

Keep drawing. Cheers.

Phil

Phillip. Designer, web developer and artist.
    Check out my website.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Been a while ...

Tigermilk, thanks !

Zou, nope, no ref . I haven't drawn from the book yet (Hale), but it's really inspirational to read it & see the art ! Sooo ... if you wanna draw like the old masters ... I really have to recommend the book ... not me, lol !

Maxetormer ... always a pleasure to have you here ... which reminds me, I should post some time in yours as well ... you're doing great stuff lately !
    Thanks for pointing out the shoulder-mistake ... I can see it now !

Daniel, thank you ! Hands ... argh ... I keep putting hand studies off ... I really shouldn't though, it'll hurt when I get to them

KR33P, heh, I like her too ... I think it's a style that suits me, so you may see more of it in the future

pvpham, ... busted !... I never work on my arms when I draw from memory, because I haven't studied them yet ... there's just no knowledge I can 'play' with (yet) ... Which leaves the crit just as valid though, even if it's on a different level (aka study).

A few of my drawings from last month:

from life, 20-25 min

head & nose constructions

I should have gone to bed, but kept doodling instead ... I didn't have an idea what I was doing during this, and now that it's finished, I still got no idea ...
    Actually, it just made it in to show I don't only draw girls
    No ref, 1:30' or so

But of course I do draw girls ... no ref ... and if I can't get those heads bigger ... I'm gonna call it a style thing ! (j/k)

and suddenly I can draw big heads !!??? from life,bit over an hour or so (model fell asleep, atmosphere & music were really relaxed, I had a great time drawing this)

from life, 5-10 min

from life, about 40 min

Thanks
    Awesome Improvemnts Nightvision.

Really nice works uve done lately. ur works are getting better and better everyday going.
    Its really nice watchin' someone improve infront of my own eyes.
    now dont u think ur works are great. im still here to compete. And my bad luck, i didnt have time to draw anythin this week, but i can promise to give some drawings in the weekend and show u i improved too. UHAA. hehehe

Really nice works dude.

Keep this up. this is exactly the righ path. of coz it is, what am dumb i am.
    Post more, and KEEP IT UP.

AMir.

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks

lots of nakeyness going down

Hey, cool sketchbook, you're doing really well in alot of your figure drawings such as the perspective in some I find always hard to do but you've done it great. post more, more I'm hungry for more!

Thanks
    heroic ... how are u ? where are u ??? let's both update some more during summer, right ?!!

Sems, thanks for resurrecting my thread ! Damnit, now I gotta post some art as well

sketchy I did tonight, not finished or anything, but a try (& failure so far) of interacting characters ... smt I'm gonna practice a lot more in the future.
    no ref, bit over an hour ...

Thanks
    more doodling on the same thing

Thanks
    what improving ! i like very well your last update !
    Your anatomy kick ass !
    i hope to sse the next stuff soon

Thanks
    Thanks Shylone ! It's good to know all those anatomy studies are still paying off !

portrait from photoref

Thanks
    Not finished, but I'm not sure what to do with it next (mainly composition). No ref.

from ref, 1-point perspective

Last edited by NightVision; July 16th, 2005 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    ooo nice, looking better and better, and by that i mean your poses and stuff

its gRrrrRRrRrRreat!

Thanks
    thanks acorn !

cats from photo's (5 minute sketches), decided to get back to heads, been too long since I studied those ... starting with the skull

more skulls ... the 2 kids on the left were done without ref (that was the fun part )

faces photoref: trying to find the skull form beneath (yea I know, the hair on the second one is freaky, but I wanted to practice hair implant)

I am using loads of references for these, too many to include for each pic or even here, but you might recognize: Bridgman, Loomis, Goldfinger, Richer, ... Also photo's from magazines and the skull photo's of jfrancis.
    Also like to study members of CA: KChen, mentler, gaboartpage, ...
    Thanks guys !

Thanks
    still working on skulls, here's 2 from today (from photo reference, resp 2B & 6B pencil)

Thanks
    Hey man! Thanks for visiting my SB!
    Gotta say your anatomy and compositions are majorley improved! Love the lifedrawings, they got so much life!
    Dunno what to crit really.. Your faces are possibly a little of here and there, I've got the same problem, just on a lower skill levle. ^^
    But I see you'r allready on a good way fixing those things allready.

Great SB, keep it flowing!
    Tiger

Thanks
    You've really improved since the beginning of this thread. I'm getting a kick out of knowing someone else is also studying skulls like mad. I put in your other thread that you should get a model of the skeleton, it's the only way to truly understand the form, you've also got to think about the voids the empty places. By this I mean stuff like the eye sockets, the mandible, and the pelvis which is sort of like a bowl that holds the guts.

Thanks
    On the top skull in 63 the teeth line up exactly. There should be a slight over bite usually, sometimes an underbite. The zygomatic bone is too small too. The foreshortened forms are all a little off. The bottom skull looks fine to me structurally, but I would have liked to have seen better seperation between the front and side planes, one side should be darker.

Thanks
    Good stuff dude. The life studies are looking really nice. The red one on the top of this page is my fav. Keep'em comin'

Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    Thanks Tiger !

Armando, no more skulls for me for a (short) while ! You're right, I didn't really think too much about the voids ... will try to be more aware of them ! even if I got no skeleton (yet).
    Your C&C about the skulls is right on target ! I kinda knew about the first one, it was my warm-up sketch ... which usually acts as a big kick in the butt: looooook !!! thiiiink !!!! draw it riiiight !!!! Fiiiiiixxxx !!!! *grin*
    The second I had to check the photo, and you were right again ... thanks !

Thirdeye, thank you man ! That red one is my favorite lifedrawing of this page too, it's nicely loose, which doesn't come easy for me.

Finally finished these, took me about 8 hours. It's a copy of page 26 & 27 of Loomis figure drawing book (started with these as first Loomis copy, a year & a month ago ... memories ...). I usually don't spend this much time on a drawing, so I guess it was about time to do so ...
    Didn't really serve it's purpose to fix the divisions in my head (I'll do some more 'quick & dirty' ones for that), but it taught me several other things, like how easily I don't draw what I see, grmmbl. In case anyone wonders about the grid: Loomis drawing isn't completely gridded, and while I did use the grid to help me figure things out, I tried to mostly think about the WHOLE figure (volume, shape, symmetry, feeling, ... of the figures), not mimic each square...

C&C very welcome !

Last edited by NightVision; August 19th, 2005 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks
    I m really interrested in your work on skull and faces. Some are good, some look stange, but the last are really nice. I think i ll take your work as ref (lovely cat too).

Every adventure have a first step, trite but true even here.

sketchbook

Pourquoi un corbeau resemble-t-il a un grain de sel?

Thanks
    'Bout time for another update. Don't worry about the quality too much, these are sketchbooks not masterpiecebooks.

Thanks
    Nice progress. I really think the skulls and the recent loomis studies are good. Keep it up.

-Rob

Thanks
    Studies, Studies, Studies. Loomis, Skul & more Loomis Everyone draw Studies. But... You draw realy nice studies. Hem. Maybe i must start to draw some studies too.

-- Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. --
    -- My New Not So Sick but Yet Sick Sketchbook is here! --

Thanks
    Good job on those proportion diagrams, I´ve been working on exactly the same thing for the last couple of days. But your attempts are way better than mine.

Maybe you should try if you can draw them from memory in order to control if they´re properly fixed in your mind.

Last edited by taxman; October 21st, 2005 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks
    Bob, armando, romance, Saise and taxman, thanks so much for the replies, they are very much appreciated even though it took me a loooong time to let you know.

Here's some new stuff:

from photoref

Thanks
    Wow! Finally! One whole Page! Well...you gotta start back somehow. I love ballpoint pen, it's easier for me to see than graphite, it's not so shiny and doesn't smudge so easily. Plus it's not so subtle like pencil, don't have to worry about rendering too much because it's so time consuming and not worth bothering with. What is my point? I don't know. Glad you're back. Did you know a year long zoo pass is about 60 bucks, I got one about 4 months ago and only went once, I'll have to go back again soon.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    hi armando, when I saw you replied, I thought you were gonna kick my ass for sure, lol. I like balpoint a lot as well, but the drawback is that you can't erase, so now it's back to pencil, which I like just as well.

photoref, loomis, Peck, life, non ref ...

Thanks
    bit more

mostly Loomis referenced

Thanks
    Hiya, I really like the life studies. Sculls look good. Ohh Loomis! He s good, I like his methods. Keep drawing and posting. Cheers

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    fooxoo, thanks !

photoref / anatomybooks

Thanks
    nice book, its really inspireing to see all the improvements uve made. I did notice that u like doing a lot of studies. Studies will get u a long way, but its also really healthy to try and utilize ur mind, and just go loose and try and see things in the lines. I think ur at a point were u can start to push ur envelope and do some insane and cool looking drawings. Try doing some more stuff from ur imagination. but, i really like ur studies, and if thats wat ur working on right now, by all mean dont listen to me and focus on that. I just wanted to put forth a little challenge to see wat u can really do, and i think u can do a lot. U have a lot of nice stuff. keep up the hardwork.

OBX - drawing a.d.d.
    The art of Joel Hladky

-Fear is the enemy of Imagination - Andrew Jones-

Thanks
    Whos this?
    i dont know u... what is the meaning of this with theseeeee small updates. UNFORGIVABLE

U should be hanged from a battle skyship and ill give u a pencil and a sketchbook. what u gonna do huh???
    ;p

hope everythings goin right with ya. give us some still life man, life drwaings. lifes lifes lifessssss.
    Like those little studies u did though.
    do more

AMi

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.