Sketchbook: NightVision Sketchbook - update Oct 6th, 2008 - Pics only on page 4 - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey NightVision!

Thanks so much again for checking out my sketchbook! This is some excellent work. Not only is it excellent, but it's getting better! I'm not exactly in a position to critique, but I will say that your pencil drawings near the top are awesome and I love the style. You seem to know what to study. Keep it up man, I'll be watching your thread!

Also I like the dinosaurs.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!
    I love your life figure drawings and I adore the way you do your gestures….
    I can't wait for your next update - your development is astonishing!!!
    Post more!

Sketchbook
    Homepage
    Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've done a great job here, especially with your figure drawings. I get the feel that you have a true understanding of anatomy and as such, have an undeniable advantage over most other artists. Keep up the great work!

He who asks is a fool for five minutes,
    but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Starting over.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can you believe that cburt told me not to post in anyone's threads anymore?!?! I am insane and should be pitied. I hate myself. Why can't I draw well? Why? I know I am going to get rejected from the school I applied to. It is because everybody hates me. Hates me, hates me, hates me. All because I can't draw well. Ahahaaa... And then they say the REASON I can't is because I haven't done what I have already done!!! Oh hohoho. I see it is all just something to drive me crazy, so I will buy a gun and shoot a bullet into my brain and make the pain stop. That is what I really want. Who cares about drawing? Only retards and faggots draw! why would anybody care about that...why anybody could do that if they WANTED TO.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cameron, you have to read the whole post ! Constructive and positive posts are fine !
    You have to understand that new members may have no idea why you'd post such a negative crit in their thread, and take it as an attack on their skills ... which I'm sure is not your intention.

I understand that you need to vent your frustration sometimes, but try to find another way to do this ... don't get yourself banned !

So cheer up a bit, be nice when you post, and GIVE YOURSELF A CHANCE TO IMPROVE !

I'll post soon in your thread !

Everybody else that commented, thanks a lot ! I'll reply to all of you when I've got some art to show (bad bad doodles right now ... dun wanna show ). Lol, I'll get past it...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So nice work man, your improving. I dunno really what to critsis right now. But.. um.. I guess you could try to experiment with rendering a bit more.

Great work, keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was looking through your thread again, and you really are doing well. It seems you are very good at learning new information.

Well, thank you for trying to help me. I really hope I can make some progress... It means everything to me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes ! I am still alive & drawing!
    After quite a batch of endles doodles, I'm up for some studies again !
    This time: scapula, clavicle, thorax !
    Trying to get these done pretty quickly, what I don't get now, I'll get easier next round ... anxious to get to the limbs & muscles .

NightVision Sketchbook - update Oct 6th, 2008 - Pics only on page 4

maxetormer ! That means a lot coming from you ! In fact your thread was the one that made me figure out how to subscribe to a thread. Even if I haven't posted in your thread yet, let me assure you that I'm following it very closely and enjoying each update !

Alvarez, thanks ! I must admit I am into comics ... & I should get some more lifedrawings in here soon.

Shylone_Breath, thanks ... I always like to hear what people like ... cause it's not for everyone the same .

leonard_davi: I love drawing people, so that explains my interest in anatomy I guess ... thank you for visiting my thread & keep up the good work !

adevejian, yea, I like that one also a lot ! Good idea about mirror/model ... you'll learn a lot from it !

Nealo, thanks man ! Once I get tired with these studies, I'll probably get some more finished work done again ... that'll be the test to see if it's better than 2 months ago .

Imageproof, heh, long wait, but here's that first small update, hopefully more will follow soon (I'm up for it anyway !) ... keep up your work too ... I check in regularly !

klinesmoker, I check your thread a lot lately ... you got some cool improvement going ! Maybe anatomy is my strength, but those inkdrawings are yours ... heh, maybe we can rub some off on each other .... lmao !

Tigermilk, MAN ! I haven't gotten to the faces yet, lol. But you're right, so I WILL get some faces in, and some rendering ! It may take a while, but I'll get to it ! I'll soon check in in your thread again too ... curious what you've been doing lately !

Cameron, thanks a lot for the encouragement ! And you sure are making progress already, even if it's not yet in the big things you're waiting for ... Let's keep busting our asses, and improve both, yea ?

Thanks everyone for checking out my thread & posting ! Means a lot to me !
    And now ... back to the drawing table !! See you all later !

Last edited by NightVision; February 28th, 2005 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work, I like the pose studies!

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa! Huge updates...

Really good work on your figure drawings from Jan 22, those looks great. It's very good that you're drawing the little figures and poses, those help a lot! I liked your recent studies and exercises, they seem to be helping you!

Got progress and improvement here, post some more!

Ian

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Morbid & Ian, thank you ! Ian, you're right ... I think I'm getting out of my slump, and getting some more productive stuff done again ... let's see

femur, tibia, fibula:

patella, and some scribbles:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey hey, wooohoo. Long time no me.

Cool studis dude. The pelvis, torso , and the other bones (femur, tibia, fibula, patella, scribbles) Are my favs. Awsome stuff. Try to rotate your bones in 3d orbit, then add the muscles and skin. Also watch for your prespective. So important, it'll hit u baddly if u dont learn it.

Keep it up dude, ur killing me with ur updates,,, Argh, ,,, check out my new update (butts), and see whos better, Jokes.

Got to do some more studies,, when? i dunno, whever i get some time.

Post more. use your time wisely, have fun with it.

ALi,

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heroic, thanks, I know you're busy lately, so thanks for taking the time !!
    I tried to be aware of the bones in the model, today ... but it's a bit hard cause I don't know all about them yet, and muscles even less ...
    I'll work some on photo's too soon (paint in the bones or so) ... that way I get some more confidence when I have modelclass again !

I'm happy you're liking the bones ... cause I'll do some more studies before I get to more fancy stuff .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yaaheee awesome O_O really digg ur studies

dissection cool thing can i have that liver pls ? ohh yea.. got some silicon teats too ? i take em !

ur gestures getting better nice dynamic

ma favorite : http://users.pandora.be/Decryptor/im...005_02_11b.jpg

that girl down right.. nice dynamic pose.. just awesome X_x

more surgery pls

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heya Bob, more surgery ? Can do ! Thanks for your continuous support !

But today, just some more scribbles ... no ref

Last edited by NightVision; March 5th, 2005 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, man, now your doin' it! These last figure drawings are awsome! I think it's also good to, you know, practise lines and figures without rendering and stuff. And I'm telling you, those figure drawings are solid. But yes faces and rendering are also importent, but you got the time, np.

Keep it going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tigermilk, thanks so much ! And I will get to rendering & faces soon, I promise !
    In fact I already sorta did in today's lifedrawing class ...only butchered the proportions a bit, sigh ... I blame the light (spot) shining in my eyes ... hm or maybe myself for not choosing another seat once I figured that ... but I had some fun looking for shadows & all !

first some more gestures from the mind ..

life ... hate the head (proportions), but some people in class seemed to like it, so here goes

life, I like this one best, although I didn't really measure a lot, so it's off on some places ... also didn't have enough time to render more (like arms & legs/feet). About 30 minutes I think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your figures are feelling much more grounded,
    you are starting to get a much better eye for
    proporcions, NICE work, I like the way you grounded
    the feet of this last one, in relation to the first image
    you posted of the girl with the spear, in this one I can
    see your are paying more attencion to prespective
    and anatomy; way to GO!!,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi NightVision!

You have a good sketchbook thread going on here. It looks like you are doing a variety of good exercises from life drawings to memory drawings to anatomy studies. I think that there is a lot of improvement to be seen, as maxetormer was pointing out. One issue that i do see, which others have touched on, is the way you deal with the heads of the figures. You seem to tend to make the head maybe 10-30% smaller than it should be (as in many of the figures from page 37). Also, make sure to pay attention to the way the shoulders->neck->head attatchment works, so that the heads are properly place in relation to the body.

Like I said, you seem to really be coming along, thanks to your work. Keep it up!

Leslie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Nightvision!

You left some comments on my sketckbook and therefore, I thought it was good to check yours. You've got some good stuff over here.

I think that my advice to you goes along the line of what leslief says. It's the heads you need to work on. It looks to me like you do the whole figure first and then complete it with a head.

Whenever you leave the head for last your drawings are in great danger of innacuracy. The head is the basis for proportions of the body! So my advice is that you start with the head, and then, using it as a unit of measure, comtinue with the figure as a whole.

Alternatively, some guy named DaVinci liked to focus on certain parts of the body, not drawing the head or limbs. Maybe that's another approach?

Well, thats my two cents for you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep up the good work, the last figure rendering looks very good. Your gestures could use some work; try to know the shapes of the body but capture the movement. Instead of drawing in a cylinder as the torso, say, you would just draw a line where the back is. I wish I could find some, I believe Dan Milligan (His Sketchbook) has a very nice grasp of capturing the form in very simple strokes. You might learn something from looking through his sketchbook

And also, I've noticed the lag in posting....Try to keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maxetormer, thank you ! Knowing perspective does wonders ! Can you believe, when I used to draw from life model ... I'd never draw the feet planted right, even though I could SEE how much higher the one behind was ... my brain (smart as it is *sarcastic*) always went 'Silly ! everybody knows them's close together !' I guess I overcompensated in that spear-lady one...

leslief, thanks for the C&C ! You're right ... I didn't measure for those ... and my heads ARE too small, thanks for helping me notice !
    The shoulder neck area ... pain in my ass ... as you can see in today's update

Wes, yep ... putting heads in last ...good observation ! I used to start with the head ... didn't like ... then thorax ... which I liked better ... then switched to pelvis-legs ... I 'm liking that one ... but now I do have trouble getting the head placed right (before as well actually ... the head never seemed to fit the pose once I was done, so I had to redraw ...
    Thanks for letting me know about Da Vinci ... drawing head & arms last is starting to make sense to me & feels better ... but I still have to make it work, lol.

mos, I think I know what you're saying ... actionline & stuff, right ? but I'm not sure how to do that when drawing from my mind (from model that'd be hard enough ... too bad we almost never have short poses, so I can't practice) ... maybe if I practice from ref first ... ? Good point ... one more thing on the list as what to practice .

Here's the latest stuff:
    faces from ref, while being very sleepy ... bad idea ! and then some crappy doodles

girl no ref ... started with the head ... lots of trouble with neck/shoulders ... head construction ... shoes

more head (skull) construction ... sleepy doodles ... curves (to represent 3D) hard, very hard for me ...

ellipses

figuring out some perspective construction

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!

I already notice improvement on your figures. They look much better on this last post.

Allow me to recommend a book I came across yesterday. Although I got the spanish version, it says here the english title is "Dynamic Figure Drawing", by Burne Hogarth.

Check it out. It teaches how to draw these amazing, dynamic, life-filled figures without models or reference. I tried it myself (look at my last post on my sketchbook) and it really is amazing!

I'm sure you'll overcome the neck problems! Take care.

Wes' New and Upgraded Sketchbook (September '08 )

Come, drop me a line!

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...84#post1828384

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a really nice sketchbook here, keep on those anatomy and perspective studies. I can already see improvement, watch your proportions on some of those small sketches. Also you may want to work on the fluidity of your lines instead of scratchy lines, although you are already showing progress in this regard as well. Keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wes, I ordered a bunch of books a while ago ... they arrived a few days ago ... I am now the proud owner of said book ... haha ... finally had a chance to look in it today ... I look forward to start drawing from it later on ! Heh, that's the problem when you order your books all at once ... which one to start with ... ??!
    Already spent some time with Hale's 'Drawing lessons from the great masters' ... love it so far !

vctr, scratchy lines, eh ? Better not post my sketches from a few days ago ... talk about scratchy ! I have to think about so many things, that the lines are not much of a worry to me yet ... but you're right .. nicer lines = nicer pic.

Here's the best stuff from the past week or so ... Tigermilk ... this is for you ... finally got to render/finish a bit more than usual

1.5 hours, no ref

also no ref, 1.5 hour for the full figure .. dunno for the face (which had a body as well, with screwy anatomy, so that got deleted) ... tried to draw the same face for the full figure one ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im sry I don't have much to say dood, but your really getting better!
    The girl not from ref. is actuall really good. Nice faces too!

I really wish I had the power to give C&C..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 866 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hello

i like the woman made without ref, it's really stunning:: i think you drawn it after the book, is it speed hale the guy u talking about ,?!!!

NO ???!!!!

pleaaaassee give us some tips on drawing like masters,
    i will follow your thread, keep posting your works with your comments and help for others learners (like me)

good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dam nice work mate!!!
    the grounding on the second girl is very nice,
    plus the pose on the first one fells relaxed and natural
    (I wish my figures always looked that relaxed he he)
    and you really tackled the face likeness in both
    figures on the second page, and that is one dificult
    thing to do my friend!!

As far as anatomy goes I think that on the second
    the left arm; the one closer to us looks a bit detached,
    make more studies about how the detoilds-trapecious
    shoulder blade-clavique combo works, and you ill see that
    the arms normaly are closer to the body.

Overall you doing all the rigth things,
    so just keep on doing this studies, they are aready
    paying off man!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man.. great sketchbook.. nice anatomy studies..
    and i agree.. lips are hard to draw.. hands as well..
    thanks for the visit on my sketch book..

bye
    fuiz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, the first girl in your last post is very nice.
    Keep it up, your hard work definitely pays off.

Emil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.