Region Free and Japanese/English Menu
    !!!

GAMESPOT! link

LINK! scroll down to see some pictures
    darkcult

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    heh, cool. im relying on sammy to let me know what the psp is like ^-^

if i where to get it, i'd probably get wipeout, i loved that game on the playstation, im wondering how it will play on the small d-pad though

i wonder why there is such a shortage, surley sony knew it would sell more than that. only 200,000 for the whole of japan. its worse than the ds shortage in the US, apparently the price is going up in some stores in japan. like for people who pre-orderd it in a package thing.

if i was rich i'd probably get it to see what its like, but i dont have that kind of money to through around, infact i dont have any money ^-^

its gonna be cool seeing peeps in the street playing on their ds's and psp's ^-^ bumping into each other and getting run over.... hehe ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cartoonfox
    i wonder why there is such a shortage
    to create a frenzy. and sell more units in the end. They wouldn't be getting any, or good press if they had 1000million units ready and everyone just walked in the store and got one...

Thanks
    good point, but wont some people go "fuck it, i'll just get a DS instead"? ^-^

i watched a video of some monkey game, a rip of wario ware, and looked pretty boring. but wipeout looks pretty cool, and i guess stuff like metal gear solid will be cool.

man i cant wait till san fran workshop, im gonna grab me a DS and 1 or 2 games on one of our lunch breaks ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    That monkey game is ape escape I think. And the original was out for ps1, before Wario ware. Anyways I just got my psp today. I can honestly say that Im impressed. So things I still have to figure out but for the most part Im happy. The screen really has to be scene up close to beleive. It really is clear for a handheld.

Thanks
    hehe, no no, ape escape on the ps1 was a platform game (whice of course was a copy of mario 64 ^-^) this game uses those ape escape characters but is a sort of multiplayer mini-game game, which is what wario ware (also known as made in wario) was. obviosly its not an exact copy, but i was just saying it got the idea from wario ware.

anyway, how come you got one allready, you must have pre-ordered it a while ago (i saw on play-asia.com that they are not accepting any more orders till they have a new batch)
    what games did you get? i may be a nintendo fan boy ^-^ but im still interested in the psp, i might persued my brother to get one so i can see it ^-^

*edit* just realised you live in japan ^-^ bleh!!*

peace
    Last edited by cartoonfox; December 13th, 2004 at 10:09 AM.
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Nice, it's lookin' like the PSP's doin' great over in Japan.

Be careful about imports tho, there's still no word on region-coding on video.
    Otherwise I'd be importing...

BUT! there are rumors that Sony will hike the launch-date to January in the US .... so lets hope.

Ape Escape has always been an awesome game, I'll be getting the PSP version ... but it's always heavily relied on using duel-analog control.. so it'll be interesting to see how it translates.

Thanks
    the psp ape escape isnt a proper ape escape, its called ape academy and its a mini game... well game ^-^ think wario ware but with monkeys ^-^

still, even though sony are like my worst enemies, i am liking the look of that wipeout game ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    Oh... it's one of the 'Party' Ape Escapes? ... ehhh... oh well they'll get an AE out eventually...

The Wipeout should be great, and I think it's being developed by some of the origional Psygnosis team.

Thanks
    Anyone know hoe the PSP looks? I've read that it was supposed to be on par with the PS2, but acctually just barely holds up to the Playstation. I dunno.

Thanks
    Nero, the PSP runs a little under generation 1 PS2 visuals ... givin' some time the games for PSP could get around gen 2 or 3 PS2 visuals.
    a new standard for handhelds.

In more negative news though:
    "But with more graphically intensive games, like Ridge Racers, the battery doesn't last quite as long. Based on our estimates and a few battery-draining tests, Ridge Racers seems to last somewhere between 90 minutes and three hours."
    http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-11721-1340-4-6-x

I'm hearing that tests are showing this to be an extreme case, mostly 4-5 hour battery life for PSP games....
    That is still unacceptable... but it's hard to tell how people will accept the machine with LI rechargeable batteries....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife25
    Anyways I just got my psp today. I can honestly say that Im impressed. So things I still have to figure out but for the most part Im happy. The screen really has to be scene up close to beleive. It really is clear for a handheld.
    Cool!
    Give us more info Strife25- graphics,battery,...etc (your impressions).

darkcult

Thanks
    I Wanna Seee The Screen So Badly!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 291 Posts
    its coooooool. i have held one. very very nice. possibly the coolest little screen i have seen. and it is pretty beefy hardware wise, so be expecting some good shit to come of it.-c36

Thanks
    PSP is cooler than the robot dog listening to an iPod and playing with Nintendo DS and reading PSW magazine at the same time. It's that cool!
    And I can't wait!!!
    darkcult

Thanks
    i went into yodobashi camera the day it came out and tried out 'minna no golf', which is a umm.. golf game. anyway i was hooked. the salaryman standing behind me waiting to play was in for a loong wait

the graphics are very nice, and as coro says, the screen is crystal clear and surprisingly big. i'm only worried about the battery life, but i'm gonna have to put this on my Christmas list, hehe.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Can someone in Japan please tell us what the hell is up with these? They're some of the scariest things I've ever seen.
    People gather around one of several open-mouthed mannequins dressed as Santa Claus and holding a Sony PlayStation Portable, or PSP, at a Tokyo office building Friday.Sony PSP launch in Japan

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    K news flash!!!!! I just sent my psp to sony. If anyone has ever seen that video of the diskshooting out when you twist the psp on the y axis. It just happened to me. Except I busted my wife right in the face with the UMD. HAHAHAHAHAHA Anyways they are installing the new latch for free.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy
    ..In more negative news though:
    "But with more graphically intensive games, like Ridge Racers, the battery doesn't last quite as long. Based on our estimates and a few battery-draining tests, Ridge Racers seems to last somewhere between 90 minutes and three hours."

I'm hearing that tests are showing this to be an extreme case, mostly 4-5 hour battery life for PSP games....
    That is still unacceptable... but it's hard to tell how people will accept the machine with LI rechargeable batteries....
    I think that they should make an adaptor, like the one for GBA, where you can plug it into the wall, play for hours, and never use a drop of battery power. I'm sure they're already all over this, so, humm...that life span just sucks for rpgs and whatnot.