Oil on Canvas
    16"x24"
    Jeff Lafferty
    www.jefflafferty.com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is pretty nice Jeff. I like the composition and colors! The background is nice and dramatic too! The figure looks a bit flat though, mainly due to your choices for lighting. It doesn't look like your background is having any affect on the figure in terms of color or lighting. And some of the figures musculature and anatomy look off... the size of the hands, the muscles in the back...

Overall this is really nice (that shield is awesome!), but I would work on the figure a bit more and try and make him just as dynamic as your background!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like most of this; the sky and sun, the weapons, shield, fabric, event the hand. There are a couple disturbing things, though. The back and shoulders appear studded with random boils (vice describing musculature) and he looks like he's shrugging his shoulders like we're going to hit him in the back of the noggin and he's expecting it. The fist is almost the size of his head (too bad they didn't have basketball back then) and the leg doesn't really seem to be part of his body (hard to describe). I agree with Ching', the lack of effect from the really cool sky is disturbing.

Really cool, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the reason the foot doesnt look like a part of his body is because it goes completely verticaly and it looks like it would be next to him instead of a part of his body. Either it should be moved to the right so it would be under him, or tilted a bit. I actualy like the hand alot because it looks stronger, but if you are trying to be correct in anatomy, then it should be smaller.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too much pure white. Even if the clothing is white in real life, when it is printed the white will wash out and flatten. Instead try using lighter shades of bluish grays or cooler, lighter colors to represent what the "white" color is doing. I like what is happening in the background, nice texture.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.