Thanks

*NEW* final fantasy advent children trailer!!

hey all,

squareenix released this trailer at the TGS show, this new trailer features 5mins of footage,

its a bootleg so bare in mind the video has shitty quality and is on a side view, but youll get use to it fast.
    this is the latest final fantasy advent children trailer

http://mokkori59.free.fr/trailers/ff_ac.wmv

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ...I've just been looking at your sketch book...the images therein are both excellent, and disturbing....

Thanks
    at least one of them looked like a man. Go Barret!! (vincent looked cool too, and RedXIII was always my favorite).

They had me until cloud flew through the air at the dragon...

looks alright.

Thanks
    man, i think this proves my opinions over the years have changed drastically :p

i remember being blown away by this stuff years ago but now it's not new to me anymore..

it all looks great but it's the same thing over and over and over again.. the same closeup shot with stoic feminine face 30 times in 5 minutes. only at the end do they show something different. maybe they should fire a couple of their character animators and hire a decent storyboard artist, and facial animator

Thanks
    I'm very much looking forward to this one. I know I should be wary...but I just can't help it. FF7 was what got me into the series. Yes, I am a late comer to it. And hey, it's got to be better than Spirits Within.

Thanks
    As a huge FF7 fan (it was my first Final Fantasy, though I did go back and play most of the ones that came before it) I'm both looking forward to it and wary that they may bungle it completely. In any case, my nostalgia will probably lead me to buy it either way.

On another note, I'm convinced the guy under the sheet is Alex Winters (the dude who wasn't Keanu Reeves from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure).
    "Es nat far meh, es far me maaah."
    "...Your wot?"
    "HIS MAAAH."

Thanks
    Most people are guessing Sephiroth or Jenova.

Wait....Sephiroth is Alex Winters? Noooo! My world view is shattered!

Thanks
    hehhehe

true nova, but im sure the WHOLE movie wont be like that, they just give the public what they think might be cool or appealing.

Thanks
    why do the guys and girls look the same? very strange...
    Adventure Dog: my work

Thanks
    About the asian feminine thing - I dunno. I'm a beefy man. My only feminine passion is art ( ) Other than that it is study and act beefy. and eat beef. and chicken. hehe. Anyway on topic - ff7 was my fav. i think it was my 2nd final fantasy (1st was ff2 but i was too young to understand it, and didn't beat it). The scene where aeris got stabbed in the back, was the ONLY moment in video game history in which i really felt like "man that FUCKIN sucks". I mean i totally felt soft there and maybe a tear went down too. Anyway, its also funny how my lil bros always used to watch me play the game just because of the story. hehe. its also funny how they reacted in a similiar way when aeris died. Although my littlist bro got a little excited lol
    Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    I couldn't even see the whole trailer... so boring.
    They all seem dead; walking, breathing zombies. Eerie. Like in The Polar Express. I can see why they don´t use any motion capture in pixar. If you just try to photocopy a human, all you get is a bad photocopy, a simulacrum devoid of emotion and life.

Thanks
    I'll definitely be checking this out at least, hopefully the story is good as that is the most important aspect. I am kind of agreeing though with Yiako, I know that there is a ton of work involved in this stuff, I just wish that they would push it a little further. If you're going to make something that is so close to looking human than it has got to be 100% accurate and believable or else it will only be hard to look at. People need to check out how Gollum's face was made (with the facial action coding system) and make the animation setup of their characters' faces with that kind of accuracy. I mean deaf people can even read Gollum's lips, thats pretty incredible. And if you dont have the time for all that then you need to make them more exaggerated and stylish - ala pixar/dreamworks.
    Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    My love for the final fantasy universe, espescially ffvii- will colour my experience when this movie comes out. Square could hire 100 monkeys to make a movie, and i would still be on my knees, asscheeks spread wide, taking it like the consumer that i am.

But then again, a part of me doesn`t want squareenix to rape the honourable corpse that is ff7. We`ll see when it comes out.

Thanks
    It's cool to see the whole gang in there...

It looks like this is the closest thing the Final Fantasy movie should have been.

I hope it's good.

thanks for the link!

-Joshua James

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by obid619
    My only feminine passion is art ( )
    Whatever, man!

Thanks
    I'm still looking forward to this, despite my recent realisation that FF7 really wasn't nearly as good as I remember, and that exceedingly dull trailer (maybe it was the poor video quality and the fact that it was all in Japanese, but it was just so... blah). I know what Square is capable of, and every product they release has great potential. Unfortunately they were in a slump for a while, but their track record has taken a real upturn recently.

Fingers crossed.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    im lookin forward to advent children also... Japanese animation has always been kind of bleh on the facial animation section. Few are exceptions but I guess they get too used to have 3 frames for the whole motion of the mouth.
    "Do the best that you wanna do." -My personal quote.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35829

Sketchbook Thread. Look at it, rate it, post and crit on it.

Thanks
    Hopefully this won't kill off any faith I still have in Squarenix. FFX-2 nearly made me give up on the FF series for good. Now they've got 3 sequals directs of FF7 in production it'll take a hell of an effort to not mess one of them up. I just wanna see FF7 AC to see if they answer the MANY unanswered questions left in FF7.
    The FF7 on PSP I'm really not looking forward to, probably just read the script online or something.
    Dirge of Cerebus look like a Gungrave clone, if it wasn't for Vincent being the main character I wouldn't go near that game.
    "BANG! You're dead Max Payne."

Thanks
    Slash and I are rowing the same boat here, I just don't care if there are flaws etc. This film is just eye candy, end of story, I think most of us know where the story is going and yes it is the carbon copy cut out version of the now redundant square ff franchise but you what, I am still going to go because chances are

IT WILL BE ENTERTAINING.

Thanks
    I wonder if the main character's name will be "Joshua X" like it was in the game...

Waits for laughs

Thanks
    I want to see more overly done animated hair follow through shots on female characters. I can't get enough of the sweeping hair that I see in EVERY japanese CG animation!

Thanks
    Saw it in class today. It was expected of Square though I'm not really excited about their stuff anymore. I thought NAMCO makes better animation than Square though......well, maybe they don't make it themselves

About that Asian men thing....well yeah its a trend....you see cross dressing punk rock japanese bands and for a while there were these teenage boybands from Korea that would definitely appeal to the paedeophille. Gross if you ask me, but the girls like metrosexual guys (whoever coined that term deserves to get smacked). Funny thing, I was having a conversation with the girls in class and they do like cross dressing guys.....wierd out.

My most feminine hobby is doll collecting. I'm your average gun nut, military nut, tech nut, paintball fan, football fan (soccer for north american types ) and I play too much shooter and milspec type games......but yeah I collect dolls....girly dolls.....and accessorise them too!!!
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    ok....i admit it...i have another geeky passion that i have recently made - comic book collecting....its SO fun. i'm currently reading watchmen, which is intriguing. its also cool how wildstorm comics is SO close to where i live, that i can just go and bother jim lee for an autograph. WHO"S JEALOUS BHEHEEHHE. i love you guys hahahahahah. wait. no i dont.
    Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Yooooo, that trailer actually looks cool! Way better than the other trailers I saw, seems more detailed, and finished. can't wait!

squirpy said:
    why do the guys and girls look the same? very strange...
    James Kei said:
    I'ts actually very popular in asia for the men to look feminine.
    You know, growing up with asian movies like Master Killer, etc, I never got a sense that asian culture and male characters went for a girly look. All asian male charactes in movies I watched growing up all obviously looked like guys, hardcore, ready for battle, tough in differen degrees. I think over the past ten years I've started to notice more and more, that at least for videogames, it's "in" for male characters to look just like women. Jet Li doesn't look like a woman. Bruce Lee didn't look like one. Yet, in many CG or cartoons from Asia, the men usually look like females. I know their are live action asian movies where the guys will look a little feminine, but never have I seen it to CG and 2D art extremes. I wonder what the deal is. I don't here of the majority of asian women sporting the "masculine man" look. I don't see a popular following for asian women with beards, and I know there are a few who have a little stubble they shave. So why is it popular for the men to look like the women? If your a man who looks manly should you hate yourself and never expect chicks to dig you because you look too tough?

obid619 - art isn't feminine or masculine. It's a form of communication and expression.

jetpack42 said:
    at least one of them looked like a man. Go Barret!!
    Hahahahaha!!