Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stupid People.

Thanks

Stupid People.

Something has just got me thinking of all the stupid people doing STUPID things in my past. Just wondering some of your experiences with Stupid people so we can vent a bit I guess and have a good laugh.

One thing that was STUPID!!!!! was this 20 something year old guy that still went to our high school. Just met this gullible horny little freshman girl and did his little sweet talk to her. Guess what? an hour later they were doing it in a janitor room where there's a freakin window right there where people can just walk by and see inside the room. It wasn't all too popular of a spot to walk by but low and behold a teacher walked by and saw the two doin the nasty. (Think of The titanic movie... exactly like that almost.) Then a crowd of a few people came and finally they noticed that people were looking at them. The girl ran off, people didn't see her face (The door on the other side of the room where there wasn't no window.) and since the guy was over 20 he got arrested for rape and is still in jail after a good 3 years. I have my own prejudices about stupid sex and I feel that most things are cool as long as you do it in your own little private space. But :sigh: Alas the Stupid people take over.

Stupid stupid people...
    "Do the best that you wanna do." -My personal quote.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35829

Sketchbook Thread. Look at it, rate it, post and crit on it.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oh yeah I have this one classmate.

He does nothing in class but chat. I always ignore him....everyone's doing work, he;s chatting. And the best thing is...when the deadlines come in...he'll be begging you for help.....tell me what to do man....teach me....

I have no idea how he got into the program nor do I believe he'll last long.

He's not bad though....waste of talent.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Have so many people like that in my class... hate it..

Thanks
    ...here's one...

... a bloke my dad used to work with, decided to go camping. Not only had he pitched his tent on the doggy's toilet, but after he finished putting it up, he had just sat down and was watching his portable T.V. when he decided to go for a shit. Noticing that the porta-loos were miles away, he jumped in his car so he could drive over to them!!!...... NOT ONLY THAT!!!... as he looked up into his rear view mirror he saw that he was being followed by a strange black object!!!! IT WAS HIS PORTABLE T.V. WHICH WAS STILL CONNECTED TO HIS CAR BATTERY... the fick thucker!!!!....

Thanks
    yeah someone in my class is so dumb, it's friggin unbelievable. we call him
    "mr. braindead" all the time and he doesn't even know that we're talkin aboot him.

Thanks
    i once had an arguement with a guy on a chat room who insisted that america beat england in the second world war.

Thanks
    You know, I always wondered about that. Is it ok to make fun of stupid people? I mean, most people would say "well yeah obviously". But, I thought, what exactly causes people to be stupid? I mean it's not socially acceptable to make fun of "mentally challenged" people right, because it's not their fault that they are born that way. However what about the other "stupid people", are they also mentally challenged in some way?... So why is it ok to make fun of them, I mean couldn't they be autistic or have some mild brain disorder? (BTW I am not criticizing you guys I am just posing a question that I thought about for a while).

Owen your example is of stupidity due to ignorance. I think people in this day and age (in the western culture anyway) should know their basic history. Making fun of ignorance is ok as long as you know the person you are talking to has had the chance to learn and passed on it. I am not going to make fun of say a person from Turkmenistan on their lack of knowledge of Western civilization because how much do I really know of Turkmenistanian history myself?
    Last edited by LaPalida; December 8th, 2004 at 03:06 PM.
    Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    You know, I always wondered about that. Is it ok to make fun of stupid people? I mean, most people would say "well yeah obviously". But, I thought, what exactly causes people to be stupid? I mean it's not socially acceptable to make fun of "mentally challenged" people right, because it's not their fault that they are born that way. However what about the other "stupid people", are they also mentally challenged in some way?... So why is it ok to make fun of them, I mean couldn't they be autistic or have some mild brain disorder? (BTW I am not criticizing you guys I am just posing a question that I thought about for a while).
    My solution to this "dilemma" is to be an equal opportunity hater. I make fun of anyone and everyone if they open themselves up to it, and I'm in the mood. Sure, maybe some people have a natural mental disadvantage, but to tell the truth, you see enough stupidity coming out of seeminly intelligent people, that it really doesn't matter. Make fun, and your life will be more interesting, you're friends will laugh with you, and you'll all feel good. Just don't be vicious about it.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    I make fun of people that endanger themselves for cheap thrills or pure laziness without thinking of the conciquences. I'm more out for hurtful stupidity. The kind that you like... cheat to get ahead or just do obviously wrong things and still do them. That's my definition of stupidity. If somebody doesn't know some trivial things I don't really make fun of them.. cause I don't know a lot of things. Just the hurtful kind.

Thanks
    I don't like and therefore make fun of the people that think they are being "cool," but are actually just making an ass of themselves. Example, this guy in my art class at school. He thinks he is hot shit, but everytime he opens his mouth he sounds like such an idiot. I live in Canada, so in class we were talking about Canadian artists, and someone mentioned the group of seven. Now, even if you don't know anything about art, if you live in Canada, you learn about the group of seven when you are in like grade 3. This guy goes, "I don't know who they, I don't listen to rock."

Or, this other time, my teacher mentioned something about bullying in highschool. He says, "O, that doesn't happen in highschool, only in elementary school." He also, after turned to his friends and said, "I don't get bullied, I'm the one that would do the bullying." Man, if you say things like that then you are just asking for it.

The problem is that he is so ignorant. I think that if someone that ignorant, of their surroundings, and of common knowledge then it is fine to make fun of them as opposed to someone that is mentally challenged.

BTW, this is a great thread, it gives me a place to rant about all the stupid things that happen throughout the day. I could go on a lot longer about this braindead teacher that I had, who had no common sense, but I think I'll leave it at that.

Sanby

Thanks
    School seems to produce stupid people.... kind of contradictory as for what it is. I'm home schooling my kids... with a close net of friends and other associates so they won't go crazy. Public school is just psycho.

Thanks
    Man, it sounds like you guys just haven't been exposed to really stupid people... sure people are dumb in school, that's the place TO be dumb..

I drew caricatures in a theme park for two years, that's where you get the cream of the crop for stupid assholes. It's amazing that there are adults that are dumber than most kids. I think anyone who's worked in the food service industry can attest to this also...waiting tables you can get some really stupid people:

"A kwessadillyo(quesadilla)? what's that? some kinda taco? i don't like italian food" -a gem from the days of waiting tables

And with caricatures, people would be baffled by the "prices are per person" sign... Almost every other customer needed me to explain how much it would be for two people instead of one.. it's not quantum physics, it's simple addition. 10+10=20.

/bitter jaded cotron

Thanks
    "A kwessadillyo(quesadilla)? what's that? some kinda taco? i don't like italian food"
    That is really damn funny. I think I would have burst out laughing at the guy.

Daunting: I don't think that the schooling produces stupid people, but if yo are not the brightest, then I think it is normal to give up after consistently having the failing grades shoved in your face. I don't think that the way kids are passed and failed helps things, if you know what I am getting at. But, I think that going to a public school has a lot of advantages that aren't in the classroom.

Sanby

Thanks
    I think the epitome of stupid is when all your friends hate you. I know so many people like that it's scary.

...and the quesadilla thing....man...good times...I've seen nearly identical things so many times at work.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks

Thanks
    You want stupid people? I work in Technical Support...

"I couldn't uninstall the Norton Antivirus that came with my computer, so I looked around the Registry for stuff that looked associated with it and deleted them...now I keep getting errors?"

"Why won't my Dot Matrix printer work on my new computer?"

Customer: "This is the third Ethernet Card you've replaced, is this common?"
    Me: "No, actually they're usually really hardy."
    Customer: "What would break them then?"
    Me: "Oh, well, a power surge, dust, heat..."
    Customer: "Heat? Would having the computer over a furnace duct in the floor do that?"
    Me: "....."

"I reinstalled the Operating System, and I'd like to reverse that."
    It is through Art and through Art only that we can realize our perfection; through Art and Art only that we can shield ourselves from the sordid perils of actual existence.
    -Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Hahaha Samael. I got a funny site for you. Long Live Havening! - The Chronicles of George

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPalida

Owen your example is of stupidity due to ignorance. I think people in this day and age (in the western culture anyway) should know their basic history. Making fun of ignorance is ok as long as you know the person you are talking to has had the chance to learn and passed on it. I am not going to make fun of say a person from Turkmenistan on their lack of knowledge of Western civilization because how much do I really know of Turkmenistanian history myself?
    ok, I think I figured it out. LaPanda is Toohey in disguise?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfacto
    I make fun of anyone and everyone if they open themselves up to it, and I'm in the mood.
    Also depends on the person. I'm the kind of guy who has no secrets...well maybe a few...but I don't have a lot of insecurities. The irritating fella in my class that I mentioned above often use it to entertain himself....well I can't really say I'm pissed off, I usually have a wry smile on my face coz I know the fella's all talk......he wouldn't last a day if he got a job where I used to work. Especially if he is assigned to help me aw hell he wouldn't last a day anywhere in the industry. I'm just watching the drama unfold once he realises he's not cut for this line of work.

That's why sometimes when some really stupid people try to spoil my day...I remind myself of this phrase some wise old folks told me.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!

Just smile and nod your head....My artwork speaks for me.

Thanks
    ...I feel that it is just natural for people to laugh at stupidity... I mean come on, we're all stupid now and again aren't we?... we all do crazy things now and again... I don't mind people laughing at me when I cock up... I see people with mental health problems as being a separate issue, they're not being stupid if they actually have a problem... that would be like calling someone in a wheelchair, lazy...a stupid thing to say...

Thanks
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!
    That is unbelievably true.

that would be like calling someone in a wheelchair, lazy
    That is a brilliant comparison.

Yeah, everyone has the dumb moments, and it is good if you can laugh at yourself at those times. But, people who are constantly being stupid, not in afunny way, that's when they really get on my nerves.

Sanby

Thanks
    Hey. I posted this already in another thread but I think this fits here pretty well. These guys are just spouting dumb remarks, esp Ann Coulter. Most Canadians are dogsledding at lunch! tihi. http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes....1208&f_id=1211

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jawfish
    I don't mind people laughing at me when I cock up... I see people with mental health problems as being a separate issue, they're not being stupid if they actually have a problem... that would be like calling someone in a wheelchair, lazy...a stupid thing to say...
    Me too, I think its alright for folks to laugh at my expense if I did something stupid. Heck I remember in the army, especially during boot camp, everyone just became dumb....I meet up with my boot camp mates once in a while to laugh about all the crap we went through and how funny it was on hindsight (this was almost 5 years ago).

I don't think we're laughing at mentally challenged folks here too. Rather, idiots who are PURE RETARDS with normal IQ. Like the classmate I was talking about, no one could understand why he's even in an art program. He's got some skills but he just wastes his time chatting with people in class when he can do work while chatting....then whines about not having enough time and the teachers being unfair and so on. He might do better as a stand up comic.......but he gotta work on his humour.

Thanks
    Haha, funny topic. Read this if you can tolerate my unbarablely long winded response.

I'll say this, since I've been thinking about this since grade school; I've learned there are Four kinds of stupid people.

1) Natural born retarted people, who really are born retarted, no fault of their own.

2) The obvious morons, like those who end up on a trash talk shows, who have 20 different kids from many different people, and don't seem to care too much about life in general. Trash people.

3) Many mid, to upperclass people, those who are a step above the "obvious morons", better seen as the types who, at first, seem to be smart, but then you realize that they only pretend to be smart. They present to other people, the image that they are good, smart, balanced people, when in the end, they know nothing, they're full of it. It's usually the morons who buy into them. These are usually the kinds of people, when you ask them a question about most things, they can't give you a well constructed, no bullshit answer. If your not full of crap, then that means you have nothing to hide, your a free and open person, and will give people the true answer of what they know. They won't have anything to hide, or throw a bunch of known phrases and jargon at you to try to "seem" intelligent.

4) (What I dispise the most), Those that most people would call, intelligent. Which are, those who measure intelligence on what, and how much you know. Just simply knowing a lot of knowledge about many different things means nothing without true understanding of what you know. If someone doesn't have complete understanding of what they know, then they don't really know what they're talking about. But many people in this catagory will use this stupid idea as a way to seem more intelligent than they really are. For example:.....

....someone who knows a great deal about an aspect of history, will be respected, and will look down on those who don't know all that they know about history. Which is stupid, because this same scenero can be used in the opposite, like for example, a bunch of people from the ghetto will look down on the history knowing person, because that person is ignorant to the way of the ghetto. The ghetto people figure, your a stupid dumbass for not being proficent in ghetto life style. Which, the history knowing person knows what they know because they've been around an aspect of culture to learn it, just as the ghetto folks are profecient in survival of the ghetto because that's the type of cultural lifestyle they've been around and learn. It's not about wha your proficent in, it's about how much you truly understand what you know, and how well you can learn more about other aspects of life.

Or how about the arrogant computer programmer who is respected and seen as brilliant, because he/she has great knowledge on computers. And because it's "in" to be computer literate, in today's day and age, your considered a genious to others (other morons) simply because you know about computers. So now you feel superior, and people see you as superior, when in actuality, this person is ignorant to what someone else can do in a differet field. And on top of that, the other person may be "smart" enough, to learn the way of computer programming, while some computer programmers, is too arrogant (dumb) to learn anything outside of his/her skill. Plus this person may have no sense of morality, or people skills, which is why this person's may not have had sex in 10 tens. (ofcourse this isn't true for all computer programmers, this is just q quick example.) But yet, they will still be seen as "intelligent". Arrogance is a big part of stupidity, and many people don't really know what the word, "arrogant" really means in it's entirety. I mean, someone could call me stupid just because I'm poor at spelling words. Using the same scenero, one could say that peson was stupid for not being proficent in martial arts, or music. But thats stupid. It's not about what your proficent in.

Or in school, when someone gets straight A's in every class, all the time. This person is seen as "intelligent". However, in many cases, this person doesn't truely or throroughly understand all that they've learned after they pass their tests in school. Some people are simply good at memorizing words and numbers that they see, but after the test is said and done, they remember what they know, but don't understand it, not as they should. But they are good at presenting themselves as "smart" by using certain words and explanations, phrases they've remembered, about things that make others believe they're smart. And ofcourse looking and sounding a certain way when talking, makes people (stupid people) believe they're smart. They get straight A's, but have no real understanding of what they know, have terrible sense of moral's or reality, possibly racist (in a quiet way), sexist, etc. This is stupidity hiding under the presentation of intelligence. I hate it. True intelligence is knowing, truly understanding, questioning, and the ability to grow no matter how little knowledge you may have in any given area.

The worlds full of stupidity. I always say about 95% full of it. Many are on trash talk shows, in ghetto's, in the government, in business, disguised as lawyers, some religious, some scientists, and a few have been written down in history as great philosophers, There is no escape from stupidity. Not when stupid people keep having sex, creating more children to raise stupidly. And nukes, which are created by stupidity, will probably be the undoing.

-C
    Last edited by Chris J. Anderson!; December 11th, 2004 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks
    Well that's quite the reply. You should write a book and the subject

Sanby

Thanks
    Man... you know stupid people Chris.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daunting
    Man... you know stupid people Chris.

Hahahahhaahah

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris J. Anderson!
    Those that most people would call, intelligent. Which are, those who measure intelligence on what, and how much you know. Just simply knowing a lot of knowledge about many different things means nothing without true understanding of what you know. If someone doesn't have complete understanding of what they know, then they don't really know what they're talking about. But many people in this catagory will use this stupid idea as a way to seem more intelligent than they really are. For example:.....
    ...yes you're right!...that's not intelligent, that's just having a good memory....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Chris: You should listen to the song "the idiots are taking over" by nofx. It seems you share a few opinions.

Thanks
    ...I don't know whether you would define this as being stupid or ignorant, but I get highly annoyed by the huge section of people who believe everything they read, hear, or see... such as...

Adam and Eve must've existed as it is written in the bible...
    Smoking must be good for you, because it says so on that poster...
    that urinal must be an amazing piece of art, because it's in a gallery...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast