Thanks

Character Contest alias sketchbook

Show us your moves because...
    ...the second annual Alias SketchBook™ Pro contest is goin' Hip-Hop!

Here's a fantastic opportunity for you to design a male or female character with all the style and attitude of a B-Boy or B-Girl.

There are several BIG rewards, but only one character design will be used in a future Hip-Hop game title to be produced by Artificial Mind and Movement Inc. (A2M). Will it be yours?

So what are you waiting for? Load up Alias SketchBook Pro on your Tablet PC or digitized tablet and send in your concept sketches. Come and jam with the best!

If you've got the stylin' moves, then there's nothin' to lose. Hip-Hop to the Web site for all the news.

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-se...urself_2.shtml
    Darrell Bowman
    Freelance render

Blog This!

Draw Draw Draw

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Couldnt a contestant just as easily use Photoshop, painter, oc or anything else to create their image? According to the website you can tell the difference between what made the image according to Sketchbook pro's unique layer system, but if people are entering in JPGs as their final image, how could anyone tell the difference? I downloaded the demo and tried the program out, I couldnt see what was so unique about the layer system, there is only one layer mode which acts the same as the normal mode in other programs.

Sterlingcrispin Guest
    I wish they had 5 catagories with 2 winners in each catagorey, instead of just 10 winnners.

Creativity/unique entry

painting tallent

style

encorperation of true hiphop style

best design of a female cahracter

Because they are only giving out 10 prizes.... and lets face it, unless your allready a professional artist, and a -good- one at that, you wont be anywhere near the top 2% and you need to be within the top 0.003% to win. And if your allready that good of an artist, chances are your earning a decent pay and allready own a top of the line tablet so the prize is nearly of no use.. Kind of a bummer

Thanks
    I've just installed the trial.

Maybe its the case of being unfamiliar with the software but I get more control with Photoshop and Painter. Honestly the pencils feel no different from painter so I felt a little cheated.

Also there doesn't seem to be a shortkey system but I guess you can bind it...haven't figured it out yet.

The only thing I like is the zoom feature being binded to the hand tool, but that could be frustrating when you need to zoom into a particular point and PS/Painter's zoom tools can pinpoint the location to expand on by selecting that area.

Well honestly contest or no contest....I wouldn't be using this software a lot unless I have to (ie company refuses to purchase adobe licenses hehe) It may need to go through some more refinements before its completely user friendly. Just remains to be seen how much money Alias wants to bleed on this product.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Last time they had this contest someone from these boards won it (I think it was Digi). Alias used the winning images in alot of marketing materials and magazine ads, with an artist credit below the image. If you've got skills with their software, I think it is definitely worth entering. The prizes alone are worth it... tablet PC, Wacom Intuos 3, and more. Nice stuff.

Thanks
    Is it open to only 18 year olds!? Thats what it seems to indicate, it doesnt say 18 years of age or over. Then it goes on to say that relatives of alias staff cannot compete, including parents,GRANDPARENTS!!!! etc. I need some clarity here, anyone?

Thanks
    Because they are only giving out 10 prizes.... and lets face it, unless your allready a professional artist, and a -good- one at that, you wont be anywhere near the top 2% and you need to be within the top 0.003% to win. And if your allready that good of an artist, chances are your earning a decent pay and allready own a top of the line tablet so the prize is nearly of no use.. Kind of a bummer
    If you ya never play ya can never win. The rules say that only amateur un-published, non commecial work can be submitted. The point of the contest is to get the next gen of artist to us ethe product over PS or corel. Kind of like Adobe not freakin out about the unreg copies of PS floating around to make the most commonnly used program

Thanks
    Red Giant, the rules state the artist must be 18 OR the age of majority for their country of residence. In other words, you have to be considered legal in your country. As long as you fall in that category, you can enter.
    As Lord Cardigan said to the Light Brigade, "Just canter down the valley toward Balaklava, fellows. Nothing to worry about." -W.E.B. Griffin