Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: killing.people II : sep25

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

killing.people II : sep25

hi, i'm killing people.

this is my second ca.org sketchbook thread. my first is filled with broken links unfortunately, and i apologize.
    i am very proud of my drawings, so please allow me to share them with you. though i do not expect it, i am very open to any comments. on with the new.

11.28.04 work sketch - 0.5 mechanical lead on printer paper

recently, i have been very influenced by ca's very own steak-tron. check his site out here: http://www.kempart.com

Last edited by killing.people; September 25th, 2007 at 06:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

LOL nice nipples O_O
    cool lines
    cool volume (light shadow)
    funny nose :----
    smooth pose

but...the best thing... i love are the lines u take to indicate the shadow and light .. all the small tiny lines u draw - inbedded into the body outlines - to make the thing volumetrical .. truly awesome

how much time u spend to complete this one ?

*pulls nipples hard*

yes yes .. patience is the key ...

Last edited by -sideshowbob-; November 29th, 2004 at 07:41 AM. Reason: no greed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya great to see you on the draw again, and a nice looking sketch, you are one of the people that gets better everyday as well, very great looking. How is your 3d Skinning developing, I see you posting on the Polycount forums now and then ? Give us more please ? haha cya !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome drawing Killing! I'm flattered dude

Great job with the hatchings, the lines going over the arm and around like a wire frame are the key to hatchings. describing the form as it were. Some of the anatomy seemed a little fishy but I couldn't put my finger on it so I did a paint-over.
    http://www.kempart.com/posts/killingover.jpg

Basically I just did all of the checks that i run through my head when I'm drawing something like this. Mainly there are some skeleton land-marks that can punch it up a little, like on the wrist and elbow of the right arm. You did a great job on the left arm elbow and wrist and those hands are solid. Also the waist looked a little ambiguous. The fold of fat and muscle that bulges at the waist usually hooks onto or hangs over the pelvic protrusion (really exaggerated in greek/roman sculpture). [an' I realize it's a work sketch] Landmarks vary with body types, so my suggestions are also not always evident on all figures (muscle dudes, for instance, have muscles that wrap over land-marks)

That neck looks great tho, really looks like an old dude's flabby chin stretched around

I'm not sure I've mentioned it before but I owe you some thanks. When I first found CA I amazingly stumbled into your thread, Rusty's and Lukias'. Man I was floored! Those guys are good but you're right up there with them. You had this one page of heads in a crowd that changed with fish-eye perspective! man that was cool. My point is you guys lit a fire under my ass, I was amazed at how much awesome stuff could be in just a sketchbook (all SB's I'd seen in real-life had been bla...) I've always been interested in this stuff but It was great to see awesome sketchbooks with similar/bizarre content. So once again, thank-you Killing your old SB will be sorely missed - luckily we've got this one

--> does it say patience because it took forever? hatching is a bitch

Last edited by steak-tron; November 29th, 2004 at 03:56 PM.
    "I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im very glad you posted this drawing, and started a new thread. I love your work as well, cant wait for more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You won't believe me but the chest reminds me of a Figure Drawing Model in College. Ugg.

Nice Techique.

-JtJ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn dude! why r u so good?

cool beans to you...my friend.
    sKeTcHbOoK update page3 (scroll to the bottom of page)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey killing, incredible work
    I really dig the last digital sketech

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

12.1.04 wip2 horror concept - 0.5 mechanical lead on printer paper

update on this freak. i rendered more of the lower half. after looking at my syllabus closer, the assignment is due next week. hey, that works out nicely - i'm ahead and on schedule.

12.1.04 horror actions - 0.5 mechanical lead on printer paper

these action poses are a part of the assignment as well.

RAMÓN, dadamafia, haiku - thanks for your comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    KILLERRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Great to see you back here once more! Great work Bro!!! That creepy kid is Super!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbot

Dougbot, "Are you calling me fat? Really? How come?"
    xiataptara.com
    How to draw and paint *WARNING: You have been warned!*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lookin good man them action poses are sweet.. Tellin you one thing.... I wouldnt want one of those in my dream.. I could see him in a dream like really scary... Like when I was sick when i was like 7 i had a nightmare where i was in my room and there was like a whole bunch of scary shit, and i thought it was real omg i still to this day remember that nightmare... He would scare the shit out of me if it was one of those your so sure that its real dreams. HAHA I ramble... Keep it up, cant wait for the finished..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn, that baby is dope. very cool and scary. keep posting dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aside from the holidays, i have been very preoccupied from any type of traditional work due to my playing in 3d texturing and learning unrealed, a level editor for unreal tournament 2003. here are some texture SDKs - this fun has been taking place over at polycount.

a texture SDK is comprised of a "package" of files required to texture a model.

on this occation, they all were just head models
    here was the SDK i created:

Jan 03 2005 - the unwrap sucks

get the SDK HERE

Jan 03 2005 - i was going for "clown" from akira

here are my texture work on others' head SDKs:

Shimmer SDK

Dec 27 2004

King-Vitamin SDK

Dec 31 2004

MoP SDK

Jan 04 2005

MoP SDK

Jan 05 2005

model: qubism unwrap: MoP

Jan 07 2005

same model, different approach: slight changes to the geometry:

Jan 10 2005

tonight i sketched something pretty cool at work, it felt great to use a pencil again.

1.16.04 work sketch - 0.5 mechanical lead on printer paper - smudged with Wendy's napkin

a very productive break, i am very proud of my growth. *pats self on ba- ..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff !!

*enjoys*

really cool stuff, i like the pencil sketch of the old ppl

post some more dude !

cheers !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dood, that last drawing is fucking crazy frightening! Your drawings remind me of Chuck Palahnuik's(not sure if I spelled this right) books. He's the guy that wrote Fight Club. You should check out some of his books if you haven't already. Nice texturing work as well. I have to start getting back into some of the 3d shit again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lookin good. lets see some more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

1.17.05 model: ryan77 unwrap: thnom's

one more tonight before an onslaught of homework this week. this was the most difficult of the heads i've textured for some reason.
    peace love and chicken grease.

Last edited by killing.people; January 17th, 2005 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

wow, the subject is great in this sketch. You've illustrated a hell of a story here. Are you going to finish it? I love the work you have in your sketch book, this is some really sweet stuff. It makes me feel very, very small. So are those AJ Samuel pieces not your work, I'm kind of confused as to what they are all about? Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to your work.
    -Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's some nice stuff you got there.

For the textures, maybe some more sharp edges and crisp details? I dunno. Have you unpacked the Q3 pk3 and looked at all the player textures? They're quite amazing.

A good texture trick I learned while looking at those is: (I reversed engineered this, don't know if they did it this way):

- 1a Take a photo of grainy stuff, like ashes if you got a fireplace, ashes are good noise, and already grey.

- 2a Put the clonebrush on 'soft light' and clone on some dirt onto the texture where it fits.

--- another variant ---

- 1b Paint with splotchy light-grey and dark-grey brushes on a 50% grey. Make the canvas pretty big and try to get some variation in the splotshes, small, big, noisy, jagged, high contrast, low contrast etc.

Duplicate that layer. Bring up color balance and add colds into the darks and warms into the brights. On the other layer, emboss so you get a bumpy surface. Softlight that layer onto the other one. Now you should have a bumpy texture with colds in the valleys and warms in the hills. You can then set a brush to color and add some color hues here and there.

- 2b After having scaled down my texture and sharpened plus fade 30-70% (dun want it too sharp) I create a new layer which I put into soft light. Then I also scale down the bumpy texture so the detail fits the scale. I sharpen it a bit too. Then I clonebrush the bumps into the empty layer.

The advantage here is that if I want to redraw the texture without the bumps I still got the bump work saved in a layer, so the updated texture can go under it.

Here's mine at 50%size + sharpen 50%fade, not the best variation, maybe we could trade if you make one? I'm getting bored of mine.
    http://web.telia.com/~u48508900/softlight.jpg

If the texture is small you can clean it up with the pen manually. Add some pixel perfection and straight edges where needed.

You have to be really subtle with the bumpy texture, so keeping it in another layer is good if you want to remove some.
    http://web.telia.com/~u48508900/skinhelme2s.jpg

Last edited by Prometheus|ANJ; March 28th, 2005 at 10:00 PM.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice one prom!

ye those q3 textures.. kenneth scott is da man. what else is new under the sun..
    what makes those texture look so great is that the detail overlay is not just differences in values, but also in color. in fact, values wise, its flatter than yours, and i would suggest sticking to flatter type of detail textures since it never crosses with what u r creating (value wise). with detail texture that are more color based, you can always go in and easily bump out the areas you want, basically adding rendering to the flat color details.

here's a trick from me:
    take almost any "cool" marble stone texture you found online and invert the image. you also get a sweet low relief texture detail, like what you demonstrated, but that relies more on subtle color differences rather than values

Honest love makes one's soul a reflection of the partner's mood.

No sleep - More draw!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, the nice thing with layer's though is that you can go back and remove stuff if you later discover that the noise is making things unreadable. It's nice to really punch in some harder bumps on some deserving spots though. Makes things characteristic. Not good for cloned troops / grunts however, just for characters.

Just adding that marble hue like you suggested (or any abstract image) can give you a lot of ideas too! Many textures out there suffers badly from being colorized and mono (no hues).

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh my! i need to keep up with what is going on around here. killing, you have made so much progress it is amazing. man, you are doing things i wish i had the chops to do. your sketches for one are really floating my boat. wow, you must feel like you are on a rollercoaster.

Jon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3.26.05 "aj samuel", male samus concept - photoshopCS

foster
    hey jon! i didn't know you were back, i'm just getting back into the ca.o-flow after a while my self. dude thanks so much for taking the time to drop me a line, i'm a huge fan of your work, thanks dude.

-killing.foster

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, well...um someone had a rough childood
    loving the models. Only thing i see that may need some work would be poses. More action matey! I want to see samus blasting shit damnit!
    ~good work captain!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    killing! you SHOULD be proud, this is really great stuff!!! the models are looking sweet (and dare i say, they're starting to look like kenneth scott's early stuff [ala the protofiend skin for quake II]).

for a little crit: you may be spreading yourself a little thin, you're pumping out work like crazy and that's very respectable, but i think if you spent more time on smaller details in the model painting, or maybe on one single project it could really blow some shit outta the water. now i could be wrong here in assuming you're not already doing this so disregard if you have some sort of work-bomb that you're gonna drop soon!

nevertheless, this is inspiring to me especially since i hope to get some modelling done for UT2004 this semester!!!

and if you want to throw down in a DM or something, pm me for my instant messenger sigs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    p.s. 2B lead and a Staedtler 925 .5 mechanical pencil is my weapon of choice, your .5 guides are pretty helpful man! you've opened up the versatility of the .5 with those guides for me at least. thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

10.15.05 snail rider - recycled sketch book paper, mechanical pencil, ps

model by bobotheseal - 9.30.05 killing.imp bobo sdk adventure - textures were made first in painter for fun, it became unfun and were brought into ps

10.10.05 centibaby (posed) - 3dsmax/ps
    i was organizing my files and i found the centibaby textures i had lost! i was stoked, so i made a quick rig for posing. good thing i was playing around with burning textures that day...

was playing around in zbrush

learning to texture with normal maps

made some competition logos to for the game industry critic greg costikyan

if you hadn't heard, he quit his comfy job at nokia to make his own independent game company (manifestogames.com), or at least a channel for indies to sell their games through. he put his money where his mouth is.

Stupidity'sUglyHead, hey
    thanks for rearing my way, i think. we could always use a little stupidity every now and als;dtwe weee!!

mallock,
    i posed him! that damned bugged child will not leave me alone. i repainted him for a poster cut out for graduation! it looks great! this is the latest version i have udated:

i adjusted his ears and added some slime-goods to his belly before printing it out, it turned out pretty rad, i'm happy with it.

sorry for a lame update, i've been busy with school stuff. graduate in december!! wooo-hoo!! hells ya.

rock n' roll guys!

if you're into fps games, download this movie. it's big but it gave me a vicious boner:
    http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=6212

-killing.regards

Last edited by killing.people; October 18th, 2005 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

10.18.05 rubix - photoshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fuking cool man !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Last one rox. Looking Great and a little creepy Nice one.

-- Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. --
    -- My New Not So Sick but Yet Sick Sketchbook is here! --

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2