Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

killing.people II : sep25

hi, i'm killing people.

this is my second ca.org sketchbook thread. my first is filled with broken links unfortunately, and i apologize.
    i am very proud of my drawings, so please allow me to share them with you. though i do not expect it, i am very open to any comments. on with the new.

11.28.04 work sketch - 0.5 mechanical lead on printer paper

recently, i have been very influenced by ca's very own steak-tron. check his site out here: http://www.kempart.com

Last edited by killing.people; September 25th, 2007 at 06:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

LOL nice nipples O_O
    cool lines
    cool volume (light shadow)
    funny nose :----
    smooth pose

but...the best thing... i love are the lines u take to indicate the shadow and light .. all the small tiny lines u draw - inbedded into the body outlines - to make the thing volumetrical .. truly awesome

how much time u spend to complete this one ?

*pulls nipples hard*

yes yes .. patience is the key ...

Last edited by -sideshowbob-; November 29th, 2004 at 07:41 AM. Reason: no greed

Thanks
    Heya great to see you on the draw again, and a nice looking sketch, you are one of the people that gets better everyday as well, very great looking. How is your 3d Skinning developing, I see you posting on the Polycount forums now and then ? Give us more please ? haha cya !

Thanks
    Awesome drawing Killing! I'm flattered dude

Great job with the hatchings, the lines going over the arm and around like a wire frame are the key to hatchings. describing the form as it were. Some of the anatomy seemed a little fishy but I couldn't put my finger on it so I did a paint-over.
    http://www.kempart.com/posts/killingover.jpg

Basically I just did all of the checks that i run through my head when I'm drawing something like this. Mainly there are some skeleton land-marks that can punch it up a little, like on the wrist and elbow of the right arm. You did a great job on the left arm elbow and wrist and those hands are solid. Also the waist looked a little ambiguous. The fold of fat and muscle that bulges at the waist usually hooks onto or hangs over the pelvic protrusion (really exaggerated in greek/roman sculpture). [an' I realize it's a work sketch] Landmarks vary with body types, so my suggestions are also not always evident on all figures (muscle dudes, for instance, have muscles that wrap over land-marks)

That neck looks great tho, really looks like an old dude's flabby chin stretched around

I'm not sure I've mentioned it before but I owe you some thanks. When I first found CA I amazingly stumbled into your thread, Rusty's and Lukias'. Man I was floored! Those guys are good but you're right up there with them. You had this one page of heads in a crowd that changed with fish-eye perspective! man that was cool. My point is you guys lit a fire under my ass, I was amazed at how much awesome stuff could be in just a sketchbook (all SB's I'd seen in real-life had been bla...) I've always been interested in this stuff but It was great to see awesome sketchbooks with similar/bizarre content. So once again, thank-you Killing your old SB will be sorely missed - luckily we've got this one

--> does it say patience because it took forever? hatching is a bitch

Last edited by steak-tron; November 29th, 2004 at 03:56 PM.
    "I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Im very glad you posted this drawing, and started a new thread. I love your work as well, cant wait for more!

Thanks
    You won't believe me but the chest reminds me of a Figure Drawing Model in College. Ugg.

Nice Techique.

-JtJ

Thanks
    11.30.04 wip horror concept - 0.5 mechanical lead on printer paper

this concept is an assignment for a character design class. we are to create a "bump in the night". the baby's head and torso was first sketched out last friday, the 26th, in class. i taped another sheet of paper on and worked out something for the legs sunday, the 28th, at work. i finished working out some issues and began rendering it tonight (29th/30th).

JOSHUATHEJAMES
    haha, that's nasty! and thanks for the comment, i'm a fan of your work - your linework is very fun.

Burning Eyes
    hello, and thank you.

steak-tron
    thank you very much for taking the time to create a paintover and throw me some tips man, that is badass. i am pleased you picked out some of my weak areas, they are all but blind to me! i kind'a know of landmarking the body, i do not pay much attention to it when i draw, however i can see its value. i will be watching for the landmarks you've mentioned as well as discovering landmarks of my own on figures and bring this to the front of my mind for future use - excellent, thanks!

patience -- i have been trying to slow down. i looked up the definition of the word in hopes to better understand it. i wrote the word down because i was amused by a definition of the word. it is a human quality that i had always envied due to my hatred of both my impatience and the impatience of others. but after looking it up, having patience also showed a bad side.

"Synonyms: patience, long-suffering, resignation, forbearance
    These nouns denote the capacity to endure hardship, difficulty, or inconvenience without complaint. Patience emphasizes calmness, self-control, and the willingness or ability to tolerate delay: "Our patience will achieve more than our force" - Edmund Burke"

there is a quote that i like that goes something like this:
    "control your appetites my dears, and you've concured human nature"

a half wishes control and order, while the other wants explosive mayhem

Jamaludin hello,
    i am always creating something, i'll be sure to share my 3d work as i create it. i have felt rather burnt out and spread thin the last 6 months, i am taking it easy lately.

-sideshowbob-
    i spent a good 4 hours on it i'd guess (at work! - shh!). it was on and off. i'm really slow compared to most and i am okay with that, there is no real hurry.

Thanks
    11.30.04 digital sketch - wacom : photoshop cs

she looks sad.

Thanks
    New stuff looks great, specially love that pencil work. I need to have more patience when doing my "art". I hate patience! Anyways keep it up mate!

Thanks
    wow really nice work

keep this inspiration daily

Thanks

dang

holy %$#@! That baby is creepy. I can only look at it for a few moments before my body literally rejects it. When a sketch can do that to me that's .....moving for lack of a better word to describe fear and revulsion and being impressed.

good job,

obi

Thanks
    Very Cool on those last two!

The baby pic is especially nice, the hands are beautifully rendered, those fleshy fingers leap off the page. Nice moody pic on the ps paint too.

That definition is interesting, it seems that allot of what it describes are qualities artists must have. We have to suspend instant gratification and see goals and abilities achieved over periods of time slower than other activities, as well as endure endless bad drawings to resolve errors through trial (but not without complaint ) I think patience is a virtue, but like humility is devastating in large doses. It's good to be patient but not resigningly so, the more I try to describe my process or just analyze it I come back to the whole thing being a balancing act. For myself, I easily slow down too much. I have to force myself to keep moving on to the next thing, consciously working faster has produced some successful drawings... and some shitty ones. It's common for something to be over-rendered to where everything done in the beginning is completely done away with.

That's getting a little ahead. My point was that if you don't have some impatience or ambition you will never (in my experience) get mad enough to over-come your weakness. On the other side of the coin, many throw down the pencil from a small attention span. It's also not true that any of us do this to enjoy "long-suffering, resignation and forbearance".

If we talk about how this applies to people that's a different matter altogether

Your quote sums it up beautifully
    --

a half wishes control and order, while the other wants explosive mayhem

--
    I hate to sound like a senator when I say everything has pros and cons but the ability to weight them soundly can make great results.

sorry I wrote you an essay. Cheers dude!

"I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    really cool ones !

i like all of them, tho the last portreit...the red in the bg and on the shoulder, it throws the colors of, i think it would look better if you had some sort of yellow tone instead of the red one, BUT im totally in love with the beautifull vibrant yellow color you have around her eyes !

i like the first pic you posted, but it maybe would look better if the contrast was higher, forcing the bright areas to be truly bright..

dont stop posting, you should draw more and post more, i like em alot !

cheers !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS