Thanks

paper mario : the thousand year door

i got this game from my brother for my birthday on monday, and boy oh boy, what a brilliant game it is too!!

man, i dont know what to say, i just love it, it has a perfect mix of rpg fighting, exploration, speech and humor, i recomend this to anyone with a gamecube. even if you dont like rpg's much (like me) as it isnt too much on the rpg side. its absolutley brilliantley done. i havent completed it yet (11:30 hours so far, just reached glitzville) but i would say one of the best games on gamecube so far, definaltey up there with the best of them!!

the graphics also are beautiful. sure they're simple and have 2d characters (well, im still not sure whether its proper 2d or flat 3d (like in paraper the rapper) but im closing in on thinking its flat 3d) but the way its presented is just awesome. style is second only to wind waker i think, eye candy at its best.

man, i just love it so far, and its made me laugh so many times, im just having so much fun, which is what games are supposed to do, so it does its job very well ^-^

anyway, post your thoughts all here about this beauty of a game, no spoilers thought please ^-^

peace all
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Really damn good game,

very charming and written well, and has a lot of jokes that play on onld 'nostalgia' of the older mario universe.

I've got about 30 min left to complete it ... I'm a good 34 hours in

Thanks
    I haven't played it because of the game mechanics..not that I think they are bad it's just a personal preference.

But, The game looks sooo good. I hope they use that 2d look for other games. It would be great for a real megaman game(not paperMegaman of course) rather than these poor 3Ds ones.

-JtJ

Thanks
    man, just completed it now, total time 40 hours and 32 minutes.

man what a game, i'd give it a 96% easy
    ending was pretty cool too, i actually felt sad when he was saying goodbye to all his team mates, they were all great characters.

and i like the fact that you can go back and now everyone knows you as the guy who saved the world ^-^ although i cant think of any treasures i might have missed, i got most of the stuff, except a few badges here and there...

anyway, anyone who hasn't played it needs to, now!! (yes, you too joshua ^-^)

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    After laughing mercilessly at my wife when she told me she wanted this, thinking the theme of the game was a joke, I had to sit down the other evening and help her get past one of the jumping puzzles that require the twitch reflexes of a 13 year old wired on caffeine and pixie stixs. I can't help but compare this game to heroin, as it is just as addictive. I hadn't played it more than five minutes trying to leap onto that damn block before I started to get interested. I've since watched my wife play through the first few chapters and helped out here and there. I have to hand it to them, this is just as entertaining as the first few marios. I'm glad to see that for Nintendo's main crop of games they concern themselves just as much with story and gameplay as with engine advances and sparkly shit.
    As Lord Cardigan said to the Light Brigade, "Just canter down the valley toward Balaklava, fellows. Nothing to worry about." -W.E.B. Griffin

Thanks
    The best thing in the game is evesdroping on the crows' conversations in Twighlight Town

Haha, talking about 'serfing phat lines' on their new cable internect connection. And them talkin' about how Mario's a 'glutton for punishment' since he's been off to save the princess one more time.

The Paper Mario's are certainly the most intuitive, innovative, easy to pick up, and overall fun RPG's I've ever played ... And yea, they're girlfriend friendly.