Thread: Fallout 3

Thanks

Fallout 3

Does anyone know what's happening to this game? I heard all sorts of rumors but nothing substantial. Seems like a bunch of studios worked on it but the project was abandoned. Now I hear that it's back online. Any thoughts?

I really miss it . Fallout is probably my favourite video game ever apart from HL.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well since Interplay disbanded Black Isle who created the original it was in limbo for a while but now Bethsoft has the rights to Fallout 3 and will be taking the reigns of the game. I am not overly enthused about it though, since I am unsure what Bethsoft may do to butcher the great series. I really liked the 3/4 perspective of the game and the grittiness of the world with the 2D sprites and I am unsure how 3D graphics will affect the game world. Hopefully they don't do a first person perspective.

Thanks
    Fallout 1st person = ew

At first I thought 3d would suck too... I mean I totaly agree with you on the gritty part but then I played some Dungeon Siege and Diablo II (although that's not true 3d) and it wasn't half bad. I do like the 2d sprites alot though.

Thanks
    I also heard the roumors about this so I went to : Http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallo...html?q=fallout

Where I learned that Bethesda softworks have taken over the production.
    Apparently Interplay sold the "Fallout 3" license to Bethesda so they could get some hard needed cash, Bethesda says that they are developing Fallout 3 alongside with the newest elder scrolls.

I love gamespot:
    Whistle Whistle...

Thanks
    Bethsoft will be making FALLOUT3 with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Oblivion looks absolutely wonderful.

I had the good fortune of knowing a couple of dudes from Bethsoft from another gaming forum and both were really excited about being able to get themselves involved in Fallout3. No insider news though....non disclosure contracts signed....

If you ask me, I think Fallout 3 is in good hands. May not the the 3/4 view we're so used to seeing, but definitely they know what they're doing.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Man i LOVED the fallout series I still play it. I also love the Elder Scrolls Series, OMG I CANT WAIT

Thanks
    They got a tight Non-Disclosure contract and no one wants to breach it.....coz there's nothing much to tell for now

Word is they'll wrap up Oblivion before sinking their teeth into Fallout3. So its still going to be a while longer. We'll definitely see Oblivion soon but even though they've released recent screenshots in magazines and select online gaming sites, they're still pretty hush hush over it.

Hope this is a good piece of news for you guys.....I wouldn't count on seeing Fallout 3 until 2007 or later.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks

Thread moved to Game forum.

Thanks
    thank god fallout isnt in the hands of interplay anymore.