Thanks

Thumbs up Transformers the live movie....?

saw this over at Leadheavy .....not sure if this was posted here, if it was sorry for the double post- with that transformers movie on the horizon if them robots look anything like this CiTROEN car commercial ......all i can say is......WOW.

http://uk.download.yahoo.com/ne/fu/oa/eurcncs185030.mpg

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

scooby

Is there gonna be a live action transformer movie? That commercial is killer, hope there will be one!

Thanks

Thanks
    I wish they would get the Original Prime vioce...but, they won't..It'll be Tom Arnold or some crap..

I hope the movie will be good. But, I doubt it will be the Transformers we love.

-JtJ

Thanks
    Dreamworks is slated to produce the movie, and actually, Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime's voice) is planning to play the part again... or so I hear.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    I WILL CRAP MY FREAKIN PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILLL DIE OF SHOCK IF THAT"S TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-JtJ

Thanks
    Rumor also has it that its going to be a Transformers/Pokemon crossover.

Should be awesome.

Thanks
    that car commercial is awesome, i've never seen that before. that gives me complete faith that they'll actually be able to make them look realistic.

anyway, as for the movie. while it's true that the guy who wrote catwoman is writing the script, keep in mind that catwoman had numerous writers, so who knows what this guy can do really. he hasn't written any good movies, but that doesn't necessarily mean he won't be able to write a good script for this.

also keep in mind that steven spielberg is executive producing this, as well as tom desanto (producer of x-men) and they are both apparently intending to keep this as faithful as possible to the source material.

i've also heard that they are most likely going to go after at least some of the voice talent from the cartoon. i can't remember where i read this but i remember reading that they didn't want to cast big name recognizable voices in this because it would take you out of the illusion.

as a transformers fan, i have faith that this will be taken care of. i guess we'll just have to wait and see. if nothing else i'm sure it'll be good eye candy.

Thanks
    Too bad Chris Latta (Starscream) is dead

...I also know a guy at dreamworks.. maybe I can get in on pre-production
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    I am still interested in how the Evangelion film is comming along which as also live action and being produced through WETTA last I read.

Starscream's voice can be synthed, no problems there but to be honest we all know it is a ship already sunk.