Thanks

Studios Sue Pixar, Demand Bad Movie

Don't know if this has been posted before. Thought it was kinda funny:
    http://www.datelinehollywood.com/sho...?articleID=340

Hollywood — The eight major Hollywood studios have filed suit against CGI animation company Pixar for its consistent record of quality movies. The complaint alleges that with its sixth consecutive profitable and critically acclaimed film in “The Incredibles,” Pixar is overturning a decades-long public relations campaign waged by Hollywood studios to convince the public that it’s impossible to consistently make high quality films. “If Pixar doesn’t get with the program, we’re going to have to fundamentally change the way we do business,” groused Paramount chairwoman Sherry Lansing, whose studio hasn’t produced a hit film in several years. “I repeat my recommendation to Steve Jobs that he pay John Travolta and Halle Berry $20 million each to provide voices for an effects-laden remake of ‘The Fox and the Hound.’”
    Plaintiffs in the suit are Paramount, Universal, MGM, Fox, Disney, Warner Bros., Dreamworks, and Sony Pictures. All eight studios have worked together since 1980 in a sophisticated PR effort to make all Americans believe that it’s inevitable most films will be poor to mediocre. The campaign has included payoffs to critics, training for film school professors, and talking points distributed to corporate spokespeople. Because of the successful campaign, executives have successfully built a system in which they spend tens of millions of dollars each year on development and end up producing as many critically and commercially successful films as a monkey throwing darts at a board would, according to scientific studies.

Asked for comment, a Pixar spokesperson said he believes the suit was motivated by studio executives’ indignation that Pixar and Apple CEO Steve Jobs refused to send them each a free iPod Photo.

According to the studios’ talking points, it’s impossible to consistently make more than 50% of films be high quality, with an average hit to miss ratio of 1:2. But with its six profitable and acclaimed films, Pixar is beginning to make many Americans questions why it actually seems possible to consistently make successful films.

“Those guys are ruining it for everybody,” said Warner Bros. president Alan Horn. “We can’t possibly be expected to stay in business when we’re up against a studio that doesn’t have dozens of unqualified young executives with little or no background or interest in film meddling in the creative process of all their movies.”

“It just goes to show what I’ve always said,” added Universal Chairwoman Stacy Snider. “It should be illegal for companies outside of Los Angeles to produce motion pictures.”

The complaint asks that a court award the eight studios $1 billion in damages or compel Pixar to hire 118 unqualified development executives, option the rights to 38 scripts and books it has no intention of turning into films, and immediately greenlight sequels to “Toy Story” and “Finding Nemo” with $100 million-plus budgets and hire directors whose only experience is in music videos to oversee them.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've seen that.

I thought it was hilarious.

My favorite part: "I repeat my recommendation to Steve Jobs that he pay John Travolta and Halle Berry $20 million each to provide voices for an effects-laden remake of ‘The Fox and the Hound."

Hehe, half of what's wrong with recent animated films from everyone except Pixar, summed up in a sentence.
    Adventure Dog: my work

Thanks
    Um, Is this a joke?

Thanks
    Yeah, it's a joke.

Thanks
    Bad bad internet myth starting a buzz around now...sigh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHUATHEJAMES
    Um, Is this a joke?
    Welcome to the wonderful world of humor!

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    CGtalk actually posted it on their main news thing.... pretty funny.
    "Do the best that you wanna do." -My personal quote.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35829

Sketchbook Thread. Look at it, rate it, post and crit on it.

Thanks
    Hehe. I laughed my ass off the first time I read that article a while back. Too funny, too funny.

Thanks
    hahahahahah, if only it wernt a joke
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    LOL, this is just too funny.
    its true that PIXAR has made successful high quality films more than once, every title was a hit. yeah, maybe the rest of the other studios are pretty damn jealous.

“If Pixar doesn’t get with the program, we’re going to have to fundamentally change the way we do business,”

that kind of change may destroy the movie industry.

“I repeat my recommendation to Steve Jobs that he pay John Travolta and Halle Berry $20 million each to provide voices for an effects-laden remake of ‘The Fox and the Hound.’”

wow, what a fucking waste...we don't need another movie like that. they should start thinking about making new things or think about what people want.

“Those guys are ruining it for everybody,” said Warner Bros. president Alan Horn. “We can’t possibly be expected to stay in business when we’re up against a studio that doesn’t have dozens of unqualified young executives with little or no background or interest in film meddling in the creative process of all their movies.”

PUre jealousy....pure fucking jealousy, i mean big whoop! if a studio isn't doing well, clearly they aren't trying hard enough. pixar does they're best and uses their creativity at it's fullest.

“It should be illegal for companies outside of Los Angeles to produce motion pictures.”

yeah, that is just plain retarded.

if all this were true, i feel bad for those who have said such things...

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.