Thanks

I couldn't agree more!!!

Got this in an EMail today...

I couldn't agree more!!!
    Last edited by stalecracker; November 19th, 2004 at 03:00 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Did you notice that right now our government has the closest relationship of church and state in many many years?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stalecracker
    I'd like my mail delivered on
    Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter.
    What's Thanksgiving got to do with religion?

Thanks
    If money instead said "In Muhammed we Trust", or you ended the pledge of alliegance with a "Praise Allah", would you care?

Even though I'm Christian, I still wouldn't mind seeing the word "God" go from money or the pledge. Or the whole pledge for that matter. Holiday's and such are trickier. We need vacation time and breaks.

Thanks
    holidays are celebrated by many, i know buddhists who celebrate christmas(to them it's about the coming together of family, not about any christian beliefs) and thanksgiving has nothing to do w/ anything religious, also have you ever heard of "spring break" this term is used to supplement "easter break" not only for christian beliefs but also to let people have time off from their busy schedules.

the reason why church should be abolished from national symbols such as money is because we are supposed to be a country that is open to any and all religions, so having "in god we trust" might seem a little overbearing to an atheist or buddhist, or any other religion that is not monotheistic or does not refer to their higher power as "god" (btw, "god" could be taken by many as the meaning for their religion's supreme being like allah or jehova)

though this country was originally founded by people w/ christian beliefs it was never intended to sway other's from their ways, or at least isn't now days, which is why "in god we trust" and other such statements have been protested against.

just thought i'd put in my thoughts

Thanks
    Some of us who aren't bible thumpers still celebrate holdidays.. mayeb not for the intent in which they were created, but to be with family and take a break (although i usually end up having to work most holidays anyways, and i am a government worker) from work.

But honestly, I get sick of these types of emails and what not... I think church and state should be completely separated, because religios people haev a habit of pushing thie rbeliefs and notions onto those of us who don't follow.

Thanks
    God is very important for us, even if ur not christian this country was founded and based on it and its teachings, u need morality like that to run a nation i think, dont let the liberals destroy it lol
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    I love how everyone tosses around the term "separation of church and state" at the mention of "government" and "God" in the same sentance.

This is how it is defined in the bill of rights.

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmask
    God is very important for us, even if ur not christian this country was founded and based on it and its teachings, u need morality like that to run a nation i think, dont let the liberals destroy it lol

the thing is not everyone believes in judeo-christian "god", and there are many who don't believe in much at all but they still have morals, which aren't just christian but universal. it's a human universal to think that murder of one who is innocent is wrong, unless that person or group is deranged in one way shape or form (using as an example to show that "good morals" don't just lie within any one religion). many morals that people in this country, and others, uphold are pretty universal.

@jetpack: yea people abuse the whole sepreration of church and state thing w/o knowing the details but it really is just there to make it so the gov'nt is not biased towards or against any particular religion, which is why religious statues/plaques/monuments/rituals/ and other such things that have to do w/ religion should not be forced on anyone nor pushed upon people by gov'nt groups/officials.

example to clarify what i just said: a) senate member prays in the middle of a meeting for personal reason(i see nothing wrong w/ this b/c we should all be allowed to practice our religions freely as long as they do no harm to others)
    b) senate member makes other members and guests pray w/ him because he feels his religion is superior to others (which obviously doesn't take place, but why the whole "no-bias" rule exists)

obviously "b" is the example of why we have the non-biased rule for religion. now in the case that all the members of a given government organization, no matter how big or small, are of the same religion and all pray together, i see no problem so as the members are not made to practice any given religion and as long as that gov'nt group does not push their chosen religion on others.

Thanks
    Besides being religious reminders, they are monuments of the principles, beliefs, and foundations of the country we live in. Tearing them down in the name of political correctness so nobody gets offended is crap. Today, more then ever, people could use a reminder of the real "American Way", and I don't just mean religious principles. I mean

Hard work

Patience

Discipline

Honesty

The value of a job well done

doing unto others...

and looking out for your neighbors.

When did money become a virtue?

Thanks
    yeah, look at Iran
    now THAT's a country not afraid to be religious!

Hmmm...
    Our founding fathers were Diests, the athiests of the time.
    Benjamin Franklin is even quoted to have said he doubted the divine nature of Jesus.

I mean, is it SUCH a big deal to keep God on the dollar? You can still worship him freely. God doesn't belong in the American Government, he belongs at home.

Thanks
    ANAL
    Cockney boy, but south of the river!

Thanks
    Word up.

I'm not Christian but, the whole Ten Commandments thing was just F#$ked. I am totally for the seperation of Church and state but, these fruits need to chill.

Btw is there a certain party shooting for all this insanity? Or is this more collective?

Christmas has become much more than just a religious Holiday(and I'm not speaking of the bastardization) I mean it's become an American tradition and I don't care what religion you practice, Everyone loves Christmas and everyone has fun. It's become something for everyone.

bah...

-JtJ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHUATHEJAMES
    Everyone loves Christmas and everyone has fun. It's become something for everyone.
    I think you're misrepresenting the Grinches and Scrooges of the world, and I for one won't stand for it!!!!

Thanks
    I agree that christmas has become a cultural holiday, and not neccessarily a religious one for many americans. I mean look at santa claus for christs sake - where is that fat fuck in the bible?

and people call it X-mas to take the CHRIST out of christmas - to secularize it. and that's alright with me. As a nation of many religions founded on religious freedom it's good to have a holiday where you can celebrate however you want.

Thanks
    actually, not to be a stickler or anything, but it has been called x-mas for centuries. x or chi being the first letter in christ's name in greek. it was originally used as a written abbreviation that everyone could recognize since most people couldn't read, but would at least know the chi-rho of christ as it was common symbol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saraesc
    and people call it X-mas to take the CHRIST out of christmas - to secularize it.
    I think it should be renamed to Non-denominational Presents Day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mtw
    I think it should be renamed to Non-denominational Presents Day.
    Festivus!!! Courtesy of George's Dad...

Thanks
    stalecracker, fight your father!

Thanks
    Chinese New Year's a holiday in NY now. A victory for progress!

Thanks
    IMO, I've got no problem with the last 5 Christian Commandments. They are a decent moral code. The first 4 don't mean a thing to me and the 5th needs to be rewritten.

Thanks
    "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."

What's wrong with number 5?

Thanks
    Jeeze, what was the first post? All I got was that fluffy picture...

..who knew that a small puppy would epitomize the eternal struggle between seperationists and the religious!
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    It's because he IS the destroyer of worlds...

Thanks
    ..and homework! and sock toys! and white shag carpets!
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Hahah. You guys are silly...

-JtJ