Art: Impractical combat vehicles

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Impractical combat vehicles

Hi all. This is my first post at concept art. I work mostly in 3dsMax 3.1 (I have a full commercial version and can't afford an upgrade).
    My work is pretty eclectic and so I will try and post a good cross section as I go.
    These are some images of crazy combat vehicles that I am working on. They are meant to be cheezy and I hope to have some test animations soon (lots of needless death and destruction). All crits are always welcome...I'm a teacher so my hide is pretty thick.

First pants...then shoes...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I don't work in 3d but I will say that these are pretty cool. I like the tank...that harpoon thing is awesome. The one crit I would give is on the "feet" of that guy's suit. Seems like the feet are a little too chunky or heavy. Would be really hard to lift your feet in that thing. Great work these are awesome.

Thanks
    Nice stuff. Good design on the bike thing. Really going for a rustic look, huh? It works pretty well. You know, this thing would look sweet if you give it a clean metallic futuristic coloration, of any kind.

I wouldn't mind seeing some pre-3d sketches of this.

Last edited by twbell; February 7th, 2003 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    It looks a lot like lego. Did u use lego as reference? I'm thinking that these need a lot of work in the texture department. You could make them look so much better with good textures. To me it looks like you took a picture of metal and just put it on the model... which doesn't really work all that well. Some blast marks and scrapes would help a lot. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Thx for the comments. The texture is really just a base I will be adding scarring and insignia etc. It will retain much of its rustiness though. The texture is actually a very complex mix of procedurals.
    No the model is not based on lego it is actually based on some models I made ages ago. They are made of bits from old busted model kits, chunks of plastic , and some bits of Games Workshop stuff. The models are just a starting point so don't expect the 3d to look exactly like them.The combat suit is based on a suit I was putting together for some compositing tests.

First pants...then shoes...

Thanks
    The vehicles look great Shaneb! :thumbsup:

And your sig makes so much sence to me
    But sometimes it's the other way around :cool:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.