hover bike

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: hover bike

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hover bike

Hi! This is a work in progress, but I'm not sure how I can improve it from here.. so crits are highly welcome.

hover bike

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It looks nice, but maybe a bit impractical. The foot-rests don't look like they have enough distance to be comfortable. It looks like you'd hook your knees on them, and then you feet would drag on the ground. Still, it's an interesting design, just need a little refinement. Keep it up and good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the red glow you have going on here.
    I think the footrest would be ok depending on how big the rider is. It's a little hard to tell right now how big the bike is compared to a human.
    I am confused by the diagonal ground behind the bike. Is the bike resting on it? Is it a hill?
    I see what looks like a rider in the background. I think he needs a little more definition. It's kind of hard to tell what he's doing. It looks like he's maybe walking away or just standing there. The pose is a little static.

hope this helps,
    emily

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like a monster. Perhaps an operator riding it would make it more obvious that's it's supposed to be a vehicle. Nice moody atmospheric lighting though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I dig the funky retro look of the bike but I think it needs some human (or alien) element to it to give it a sense of purpose & scale. Right now it's just floating in space. "Ground" it somehow by showing some more atmosphere around it, by adding a figure or something to give the viewer a sense of reality they can grasp.

Other than that, it rocks so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it needs to either have an overall dark or light tone not both

Think you got mad photoshop skills? It could win you a car @ www.hhrya.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WHOA!! That is beautiful!!! Only thing that bugged me was the rain drops being in all sorts of angles and looking somewhat scribbly. I'd take more care with place them and having them perfectly straight and in no way wonky.

Also, after looking at it a little longer, I am confused as to hwre the light is coming from that is reflected just above the steering wheel. I know there is a light source behind the ... cart... thing... so it doesn't make sense to me that there is another light source above it. If you know what i mean.

Really love it!

And I know there will be mistakes that I will make. But I know none are worse than chances I don't take. - Hoobastank

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm almost certain there is a humanoid figure to the left of the hover bike...

"Was it purposeful or a fools worth in pertinence." ME

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all! Thanks for commenting!
    I lost my motivation to paint for a while... I hope it's coming back soon... I tried to fix this picture, but it feels like the foundation is too weak, so I'll probably re-make it from scratch instead... But thanks a lot for the kind words and good advices.. The next time I'll try to put more thought into the lighting and details from the beginning...
    Well this is the try before I gave up..

hover bike

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by misc
    Hi all! Thanks for commenting!
    I lost my motivation to paint for a while... I hope it's coming back soon... I tried to fix this picture, but it feels like the foundation is too weak, so I'll probably re-make it from scratch instead... But thanks a lot for the kind words and good advices.. The next time I'll try to put more thought into the lighting and details from the beginning...
    Well this is the try before I gave up..
    Don't give up on it! I think you can still build upon this. It's more than salvagable!! I think the one thing that would really help it out is to differentiate the craft from the background. It's such a dark moody background and the vehicle is also dark & moody- they almost blend together. It might be worthwhile to light the vehicle separate from the background or mute the background to push it away.

Again, my opinion is that it can still be saved but if you think otherwise and want to start new that's fine too.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.