Thanks

Angry painter 7 window resizing

Since i started using Painter 7 i have noticed that its method of dealing with windows is really clunky as compared to PS. For example when the window inside painter containing an image is in windowed mode (not maximized) the scroll bars are always present despite the fact that the image is fully viewable or zoomed out.. this takes up valuable screen realestate.

Also when I maximize an image inside of painter, the tilebar ( the part of the window containing the image name and the minimize, maximize and close buttons) doesnt go away or get incorporated into Painter's toolbar (as it does in PS) but instead merely gets butted up against the top of Painter's workspace once again limiting the area of the screen available for painting.

And finally when I maximize the overall Painter window, the program doenst seem to recognize the presence of the Windows Taskbar, drawing the window frame to the very bottom of my screen beneath the taskbar. This had been a problem for me all week because when i was working in a maximized Painter window and the image being worked on was also maximized the zoom slider and image info buttons etc were hidden out of sight. So since i like having my taskbar always in sight i have to keep painter unmaximized and resize its window to occupy the space of my desktop that i can see.

Sorry for this post but i had to vent some of my frustrations about Painter. Its a great program, i love it (...still have much to learn) but it seems a little rough around the edges for version 7 of a professional grade program.

Was wondering if anyone else has found thes same points to be bothersome or if there are any settings or tips to get around them? :confused:

thanks

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Maximize Image Window - Painter 7/7.1.357 Bug

ummo,

Maximizing the image window and having it go outside of the Painter screen is a bug in Painter 7, still present after installing the Painter 7 Update, sorry to say.

It's been reported by many Painter 7 users, including me, and hopefully the developers will get it fixed in Painter 8.

It wasn't present in Painter 6 and earlier versions, by the way.

I don't believe there are any tricks to solve it, and you've figured out the only available method. That is, to manually size the image window so everything is visible (icons in upper right corner and lower right corner... and scale slider).

Wish I had better news for you.. and for the rest of us who also find it very annoying and inefficient.
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory