NINTENDO DS: next monday?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: NINTENDO DS: next monday?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

NINTENDO DS: next monday?

Nintendo is actually one of the only 1stParty publishers that takes the time to invest in a Research&Development department.
    When they have an idea (that's beyond visuals), it usually becomes industry standard:
    Analogue Stick, D-pad, Save Battery, Bios Save, 4 controler ports, sholder buttons, portable games (started with their Game&Watch), light guns, etc......... to name a few.
    They've had failures as well, and that's proof that they try to innovate.

Competition in games is now at a new level, and their's not a clear defeat anymore... (I'm lookin' at you 3DO, Jaguar, Game.com, TG16)
    so don't expect portable wars to be any different... if you want all the goods now-days you have to buy all the consoles..... if not, all you can do is sit back and hate on systems you truely want and don't have.

I'm in support of the DS, because it actually points a finger at developers and says: "I bet you can't think of something creative! Go ahead try!"

Last edited by Sammy; November 11th, 2004 at 12:42 PM.

my website
    -- playing: "Pikmin 3" and "World of Tanks"
    -- reading: "Death of the Liberal Class" -Chris Hedges

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Basically I agree with you, eventhough I have always been prefering Sega back in time. But now that this war is to be fought between Sony, MS and Nintendo...I hope Big N can at least keep up with Sony's PSP. Both can't beat my beloved GP32 anyways.

PSP is less of a gaming device, more of a multimedia handheld.
    Suckage batteries, weak start line-up and not too much of innovation in there. Sure, the design is great and you'll get a bunch of high quality brands plus a ton of functions - but there's nothing new to it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally I prefer the DS. But by having tried both this little guy and the PSP, I really really really wished Nintendo had pushed the analog stick on it's console. Sure it's going to be the first thing that breaks on the PSP, but damn it's brilliant and it feels right under my thumb.
    Now when it comes to making an innovative game design.. I can't think of any big player doing that nowadays. It's either ultra conventional (read : FEAR) and boring or a tweaked out sorry-ass excuse for a gameplay. Don't get me wrong; there is a lot of potential for some really nice gaming experience, but the clash between good game designers and editorial hard-liners is happening as we speak. If this very fine and rare balance of competent and open minded professionals come together, we might have a breaktrough game.. In the meantime, lets wait and see.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoohoo the new nintendo handheld looks incredible. sure gonna buy this one. anyone knows when the release date for europe is?
    anyway, here's the vid

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    apparently a lot of stores are being told to sell them as soon as they're shiped ... so next monday looks like the street-date.

I'll keep my eyes open.

I'm the most pumped so far about that Kirby game... and to see what they have worked up for zelda.
    I'm also curious to see what they're doing with Final Fantasy 3

my website

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hot shit my girl ordered me one for our anniversary

yes!!!!

I'm looking to get the mario remake, any other games coming out in the near future that look good?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'Feel the magic XY-XX' is from Sega, it looks really cool.. crazy... and japanese..

I'm gonna pick up Mr. Driller when it comes. The next Kirby game looks to be the game that takes the best advantage of all of the DS's features.

other than that...
    Metroid
    Animal Crossing (WiFi hopefully!)
    That Princess Peach game
    and others..

Other than the Mario 64, the DS has a pretty sup-par line-up of launch titles (as with all systems....) .... half a year from now it should be cranking wilth some crazy awesome stuffs.

ALSO: DS kiosks are starting to show up in Best Buys, and other Electronic stores.

my website

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.