View Poll Results: Sony PSP or Nintendo DS???

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony PSP

14 37.84%
  • Nintendo DS

23 62.16%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

SonyPsp VS Nintendo DS???

Just wanna see who will go for Nintendo DS or Sony PSP???

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    DS has a 'mouse' which probably means better control in Strategy games, shooters and other genres (all games?). It's mainly strategy games I'd like to see though. They haven't been able to do those well with just a steering cross. It takes too much time selecting units. With a mouse you can just box or circle them.
    Lemmings games should be more playable too.
    I heard it will be able to read old GB/GBA casettes.
    Decent battery life compared to the PSP.
    Pretty good price.

PSP looks better, but hopefully Nintendo will make a NES or orange Donkey Kong styled special edition later on.

It suspect that the PSP mostly will have GT, Snake, Tony Hawk and other games I'm not the least interested in.

I liked the stats of Moma's Eve (or something), but the looks just... failed.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    I think both are very interesting...but, I'm going towards the PSP because I like purdy graphics. But, I guess I would lean on which ever systems has a really good Final Fantasy. I think these new hand helds with the beefed up graphics are the way to go if you want to play RPG's...

-Joshua James

Thanks
    DS all the way. There's nothing new about the PSP. It's a small Playstation 2. The DS is far more inovative and, oh, what's the word....original I'll be all over it, as soon as the year's finished. Wario Ware DS is gonna rule.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I'm going with whatever I can't find emulators for...Oh shit. Did I just say that outloud?

actually, I've never been much for handhelds. They don't really make any sense to me when I have a great big powerfull next-gen system. All though, It'll be hard passing up Metroid Prime: Hunters.
    Last edited by N D Hill; November 10th, 2004 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    Both will be pretty damn shweet ... and both will beat eachother to bloody pulps wriggling in their own vomit.

personaly, I will get both on their respective launch days... but to be honest, I'm EXTREMELY pumped to actually PLAY the NDS ..... and only pumped to look at the PSP's visuals.

Thanks
    heheheeeeeheeeeheeeeee you guys are going to freak !

I prefer PSP's "sexiness" when it comes to hardware finish.
    But it's screen is going to be scratched after 5 minutes.. It's actually bigger than I thought it would be judging from the pictures. DS is better on that reguard ; folded and safe, 2 more collums of tiles (256x192).
    They both have interesting specs but DS's capabilities are pretty complex. I'm sure Nintendo will use those features to their fullest.
    I'm afraid of the PSP being a port-only kind of machine.. The DS seems stronger in terms of new gameplay, but who knows ?

OH ! And Pictochat is the funnyest stupidest little feature you can't get enough of. Nobody was working around the office last month.. It's going to be a nightmare in school classes if rich kids get ahold of the DS.

Thanks
    I'm sure Nintendo's games for DS will make loads of kids happy (if you know what I mean).
    I'm going down the more adult road myself, so I vote PSP.
    darkcult

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcult
    I'm sure Nintendo's games for DS will make loads of kids happy (if you know what I mean).
    I'm going down the more adult road myself, so I vote PSP.
    Rumor has it that Nintendo will actually try market to people over eight with the DS and their next console system... Please let it be true. I'm sick of missing out on great third party games and being limited to 'Donky Kong Hopscotch' and 'Mario picks up his room'.

Thanks
    i would go with nintendo's DS, becuase nintendo has always made the best handheld gaming systems, i own every gamboy, since game & watch.

also Nintendo knows how to make good games. Nintendo DS is cheaper, will have fun games, has a stylus, dual screens, instant messaging soon to come, it is practically a PDA but for Nintendo games and such. it will be the best PDA around.
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    *snigger* watch this, my shirt is covered in drool

*edit* and another for jackass/wildboyz fans
    psp doesnt stand a chance, unless you like old games on smaller screens ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    OMG, Fox! That first movie was so majorly sexy. I want it sooooooooo bad. Bring on the DS.

Thanks
    heh, you took the words right outa my mouth. its out real soon in the US, like next monday or something, lucky thing. i have to wait till march :|

but at least this movie will keep me going till then, if you get it you have to let me know what its like ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    for more info check out this site, nintendoDS.com

some videos from there that got me drooling ^-^

mario64 DS

metroid prime hunters:first hunt (demo version of metroid prime:hunters)

if i find anything else i'll post here

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    I've been playing the DS at the local demo-kiosks in nearby electronic stores.

The thing is shweeet! A lot smaller and tighter of a package that I first thought.
    I was also suprised that it's at least twice as fast as my cintiq (granted it's not running some 600dpi image) ... there was no lag at all, the little bastard is clearly ready for games.

I'm used to monitor/tablet control... so I blew through the metroid demo in my first run using my thumb.
    the bottom screen was essentailly a mouse-pad for that game, really easy to pick up --- with little icons for morphball, missiles, and such.

The DS is clearly gonna' dominate in the the FPS and RTS department.

Check out the Mario DS page:
    http://nintendods.com/sm64ds/final/
    look at the bottom screen on the videos and you'll see a little lellow transparent circle... that's the 'analoge stick' that registers where you put your finger down on the touch-screen, and resets when you lift your finger off.

Thanks
    look at the bottom screen on the videos and you'll see a little lellow transparent circle... that's the 'analoge stick' that registers where you put your finger down on the touch-screen, and resets when you lift your finger off.
    Dang Sammy ! I retract all my bitchin' about the DS lacking a real analog stick !

Thanks
    woah, its got the sammy seal of aproval ^-^ man im drooling even more now,
    stop making me jealous, i have to wait till next year to grab mine (i might just get mine when i go to san fran ^-^)

yeah i was about to post the mario64 DS site, loads of cool movies (each character has 4 movies plus a special one for the multyplayer)
    i watched the multyplayer one 4 times just to watch each DS at a time ^-^

metroid prime looks awesome, it was really smooth on the videos too.

mario kart is killing me off, i want it NOOOWWW!! there was a small bit of mario kart in that movie i posted up a post or two, man i cant wait. i hope my area wi-fi so i can play you guys ^-^

that kirby game, where you have to draw a rainbow type thing to keep him from the ground looks awesome, looks like developers are really going to town with the ideas for the dual screens and stylus

just imagine games like advance wars, zelda *drools* snowboard kids (not that well known but one of my fav games ever) animal crossing (almost certain to be wi-fi online (heres hoping)) man, my head exploads, i neeeeeed my DS nooowowow!!

keep me updated sammy and others lucky enough to be living in the US ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    It has to be the DS. Aside from the innovative hardware, the games look great - the whole thing just looks like a silver box of FUN!

PSP software looks pretty dull, and there remain serious concerns over the battery life - not exactly encouraged by Sony's TRC for the system which prevents developers from taxing the power cell too heavily.

This will be an interesting fight to watch...
    Last edited by Matt Dixon; November 17th, 2004 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHUATHEJAMES
    But, I guess I would lean on which ever systems has a really good Final Fantasy.

took the words right out of my mouth. right now it's looking like the psp for me, cos you can watch films and listen to tunes on it too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezstar
    ...cos you can watch films and listen to tunes on it too.
    The movie thing will be interesting. Despite Sony's official figure of four to six hours battery life for movie playback, rumours suggest a mere two hours under realistic conditions. Obviously this could be a problem if you're wanting to watch, say, LOTR. There's also the question of cost - there's still no confirmed price for PSP movies that I'm aware of but, given the proprietory format, they're hardly likely to be cheaper than DVD's and the image quality will less.

I'm not convinced by the 'everything in one box' approach. Sony tried something similar with the PSX - PS2, DVD player, HDD recorder etc. - but it failed horribly in the market place. Consumers already had one or more of these devices, and it seems that a tidier shelf under your TV ( which is all you really gain ) isn't sufficient motivation to persuade people to open their wallets.

Unfortunately the same thing applies to the PSP. A great many consumers already have portable mp3 players, and a portable DVD player is half the price of a PSP and plays your existing collection of movies - OK, the PSP is a much sexier alternative, but is that enough? We'll soon find out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSHUATHEJAMES
    I think both are very interesting...but, I'm going towards the PSP because I like purdy graphics. But, I guess I would lean on which ever systems has a really good Final Fantasy. I think these new hand helds with the beefed up graphics are the way to go if you want to play RPG's...

-Joshua James

You do know that they're remaking Final Fantasy 3 (6) for the DS right?
    http://ds.ign.com/objects/707/707320.html
    still no word on what features it will have.. but it will be graphically tweaked.

Still no DS over here.. but the games came out I got my copy of Mario, they come in nifty little DVD cases 'bout half the size of a normal DVD case.
    The instruction booklets are thick, and arranged vertiacally like the DS screens. The little cards are 'bout half the size of a GBA cart, it's hard to fathom that Mario 64 is on that little bitch ......... the cards seem like little candies/cookies.

I'll be picking up 'Feel the Magic XY/XX' (so I can get my wacky SEGA on) sunday with my DS

EDIT: JOSHUATHEJAMES, I abandoned console RPG's when the GBA came out... they're just so much more playable when you can pull them out in a car-ride, or at the crapper, etc.
    current RPG's have gotten too long to sit and play in front of a screen (130 hours?!?!?!)...
    The GBA had some good ones: Mario&Luigi, Golden Sun, etc.
    Last edited by Sammy; November 19th, 2004 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    OMG, apparentley its out now in the US!!!

anyone got it yet? let me knoooowooowwwww, show me photos, videos, anything!! ^-^

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks

DS all the way but in truth I want both!

Im gonna have to sell my Cube or somthing to afford this little momma! But I cant do that. Hey sammy with the four player mario will we be able to play people any where with one disk, like chicago-austin-wales ect???

Whats feel the magic all about?

Thanks
    I got my little DS yesterday and have been playin' it ever since.

first thing's first a 30 - 60 fps Mario 64 in the palm of your hand is a damn cool thing...

But the thing that really struck me the most is the audio. Booting up Mario or 'Feel the Magic' and hearing actual foux Surround Sound is pretty baddass --- those 2 little speakers really pump out a lot of juice .... for the first time in my portable experience, I actually turned the sound down a bit since it gets pretty loud in a quiet area : P

I've always been better at Mario than I've been at anything else in my life... so I've taken to the control pretty quickly with 'touch' ... took about as long to adjust to as it did using an analog stick for the first time 'bout a good hour'..... so no problems here, but I do predict a lot of people not picking it up so quickly...... or a lot of people not being receptive, and just bitching about it.
    I've gotten a good 32 stars in the game in about 4 hours worth of play, and the new levels and additions are placed in the game very well.

so far I've clocked about 7 hours into the system, and no cramp-up in the hands... but I'm very very used to portables, I bet some people are gonna cramp a little (comes with the 'portable' territory)
    But if anyone complains about weigh don't listen to 'em ... it feels slightly more heavy than an SP, but nothing of significance.

'Feel the Magic' is awesome, Sega's inspiration from Wario Ware... lots off Kooky mini-games, and easy for anyone to pick up.
    It really really shows off all the DS features.
    There's a part with a sailboat and you have to blow on your DS (the mic picks it up) ... and it actually feels like you're blowing the sailboat to move, really nice physics and all.

The system looks pretty sexy, but not as sexy as the SP... somewhere in-between the GBA and the SP.... it's nice to have the black-plastic backing so the system doesn's scratch up. The angular sides make it really easy to slip into pockets and carrying cases.
    I'm curious how the PSP looks compared to the DS since the PSP is a little larger with its screen ... consoles in general are gonna' get sexier and sexier.
    And don't worry 'bout the touch screen getting scratched up, it won't.

So far the DS has been a tight little package, and like any console launch the first round of games isn't the most exciting... It'll be great to see what's on this puppy a few months from now.
    No game is running fully online WiFi as of yet, only locally (100 feet or so... but I hear reports of neighborhood chats within' 200)
    The DS seems rushed out before nintendo was fully able to develop online abilities into pictochat.
    PictoChat is in the FlashBios, so it could be updated at a demo-station to go fully online.

I might be importing a PSP, if so I'll post my thoughts as well.

EDIT: GBA games look really damn good on the new LCD screen with backlighting.
    Last edited by Sammy; November 22nd, 2004 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks

PSP definetly

Hmph!! I mean come on, as IF anything Nintendo can dish out will ever hurt Metal Gear Acid!!! on the PSP. Every one says that Nintendo has the upper hand, because of their handheld experience, but don't forget they had console experience long before the first Playstation. But now Sony stole that market from them. Expect to see the same thing happen when it comes to handhelds.

Not that I won't get me a DS, because that one movie was SWEET!!! but i'm rooting for the PSP. I'll just get both (not that i have money) and probably play the PSP more, however Smash Brothers on the DS would be dope.

We'll see.
    Last edited by IronClad; December 4th, 2004 at 04:55 PM.
    My dick isn't small. Its just foreshortened

Thanks
    well the poll seems to say otherwise ^-^

DS sold like 500,000 in the first week of being released, and has now sold over 700,000 units
    in japan the DS sold over 500,000 in just 4 days!
    so i would say its doing pretty well ^-^

psp came out in japan today, but theres only like 200,000 of them so their is another shortage (like the DS in US)

also, yesterday in the top 10 chart in japan, nintendo took over the chart except for first place

Software

1 - PS2 Dragon Quest VIII: Sora to Umi to Daichi to Norowareshi Himigime -- Square Enix (476,281 - 2,643,353)
    2 - DS Super Mario 64 DS -- Nintendo (151,373)
    3 - DS Sawaru Made in Wario -- Nintendo (148,825)
    4 - DS Pokemon Dash -- Pokemon 56,337
    5 - DS Daigasso! Band Brothers -- Nintendo (33,911)
    6 - GBA Power Pro Kun Pocket 7 -- Konami (30,410)
    7 - GC Mario Party 6 -- Nintendo (29,959 - 178,352)
    8 - DS Kime no Tame Nara Kimi Shineru -- Sega (27,250)
    9 - DS Chokkan Hitofude -- Nintendo (25,415)
    10 - GC NARUTO: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3 -- Tomy (22,799 - 183,834)

Hardware

1 - Nintendo DS - 468,883
    2 - PlayStation 2 - 108,148
    3 - GameBoy Advance SP - 31,198
    4 - GameCube - 6,107
    5 - Gameboy Advance - 785
    6 - Xbox - 669

obviously the chart will change around now that the psp has entered, but still, nintendo are doing not too bad ^-^

man i cant wait to get my DS, im gonna get one in san fran

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

Thanks
    feel the magic looks really neat. they have quite a few videos over at gamespot:
    http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/ki...eru/media.html

I want a DS now! Can't wait to get one

Thanks
    yea ds, just plain fun...

pontemonti, i want your avatar, where'd you get it? it's so cute and funny haha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by injection223
    pontemonti, i want your avatar, where'd you get it? it's so cute and funny haha
    hahaha
    it's Tjet, from Allrams höjdarpaket, this year's "adventkalender" (advent calendar?) on swedish tv...I stole it from the official site site:
    http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=24544

Thanks
    I think it boils down to the games
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast