Art: attack...

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: attack...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

attack...

this is something i tackled to try and get a grip on narrative, perspective, value painting, something other than static poses. i messed up a tad though, i went form a drawing about 4 inches big then inked it, and all freehand, as you can tell by the stairs and there are no straight lines, then i blew up the pic, i kinda went backwards with quality, i just liked how it looked and tried to work on it and spent way too much time on it, about 1.2 hours...and i did the whole thing twice.please CnC

attack...

attack...

attack...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ion

well its good to see you doing these - its good practice.

I guess this kinda looks like the start of a piece not a conclusion - even if it is just a value study. If i were you id take what you have now and start approaching it analytically and technically. Fix your perspective - particularly on your curved ellipse shapes - even if it means starting from scratch. Dont forget about lineweight and using it to draw attention to what you want. I also dont see much reflected light environmentally. For instant the gap between the building and staircase on the left - there would actually be a noticable soft glow on the wall of the building reflected off the side of the staircase (from the structure i can presume is hidden from us at least).

the main thing letting it down is yur composition - which this study is an important step into learning how to manipulate.... what do you want us to look at?? presumably the bigass arlienz.... so make us look at them. Create the contrast there between a black body and a cloud of white smoke or something ... add extra detail, use your lineweight.

A good study, but please take it further - you will reap the rewards.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks alot for the crit man, i see what to change and its helped alot

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.