Thanks

Skip_CharModSheets

I must have sent a hundred job applications 9 times out of 10 I don't even get a response, when I do it's just to say that they 'recieved my application bla bla bla'

a while back I attended a job fair, an art related job fair, I marketed myself as a storyboard artist and got a bunch of feed back on my work. didn't actually get a job, but the feed back was actually relatively encouraging. I feel like it gave me more direction, I think my best chance at getting a job in this field is to develop portfolio work geared towards a very specific position, then market myself at events like that.

It gave me hope ... got me thinking and feeling like this may actually be possible ... I may actually be able to get a job doing this as a living.

but right now I feel like I need to revise my entire portfolio :/

Name:  Skip_Character-Model-Sheet_WIP1.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  48.4 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    if you want to build a new set of storyboards for a portfolio, how do you pick out your subject matter, how do you decide what to board? do you look up a script on google? pick something out of a comic book? reboard something you saw on TV?

Thanks
    From my experience... the best portfolios are the ones catered to specific clients. I'm no storyboard artist, but usually if you can show someone that you can fit their style/subject matter/etc, they are more inclined to take a closer look at your work. I've never send out a huge amount applications and in comparison my success rate would be quite high. making these specialized portfolios is a lot of work, but it gets easier over time if you get your foot in the door and start to collect a body of work. find out which clients suit your interests best and use that as a starting point to do more research and built your portfolio up

Thanks
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Q...vvf8gHGoTshFuo

so how do you pick out subject matter of what you want to board?

I'm at about 60 frames right now but the script isnt done. Im wondering if i should continue or just leave it at that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eptigo View Post
    so how do you pick out subject matter of what you want to board?
    i havent done a movie storyboard yet, but ive drawn storyboards and key-visuals for advertising for 7 years now... matter of fact is, you dont pick anything, you just try to manage whatever's beeing hurled at you.

brush up on your foundational skills, but never feel save

[edit] a link to your portfolio would be helpfull [/edit]
    Last edited by sone_one; 6 Days Ago at 07:33 PM.
    "Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want."
    Glen Orbik

"To any man who has slaved to acquire skill in his art, it is most irritating to have his ability referred to as a 'gift.'"
    Andrew Loomis

Members who have read this thread: 18