Thanks

Traditional to Digital Tools. Switching my process on this new medium! Need advices :

Hey there im a fine trained artist, im switching myself from traditional drawing to digital to experiment and have more control on my art!

I wanna learn the art of doing quick illustration, by that i mean collecting reference, draw my personal view, Line, Shade, Color, Final decisions!

Also i wanna do what i do in tratidional, the bargue process, that drive anyone to create a masterfull piece. This can take up to 3/4 days for me, and this is what i do the most in my daily basis.

Since i wanna do more the illustration (digital painting look) stuff, could you please help me find the right way to process my drawings?

For traditional method i always do this

1 Block in proportion

2 Separate shadows

3 Rendering halftone

4 Edge control final details.

I think for illustration the things are different! Which method should i try and follow, and then personalize?

I tought of

1 Block in

2 Clean line

3 Lightning tests, and after halftone rendering

4 (Should be color but for now keep to monochromatic) Edge control and final details (try also effects).

Should be that? I tried and i personally stuck.

i post here a traditional drawing worked over 3 days and a digital drawing about 4/5 hours! (from reference but i personalized the digital one)
    Name:  a.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  431.4 KBName:  51641975_175009950145664_205268908223450898_n.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  85.1 KB

Thanks

I really would love to achieve this result .. My goal is to make thoose type of rendering digital paintings taking apart the fact of the style of this artist
    Name:  15137418_1812406172331255_8808424576277423988_o.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  103.2 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I think you should give it more contrast, treat it like traditional, later you can pick more tools, as those can get in way of painting (at least for me) and way I see it, tools just makes you workflow faster. Why not study what makes that piece work in your opinion?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stonec View Post
    I think you should give it more contrast, treat it like traditional, later you can pick more tools, as those can get in way of painting (at least for me) and way I see it, tools just makes you workflow faster. Why not study what makes that piece work in your opinion?
    Oookay
    What about the process? What workflow path should i follow to go slowly approaching colors?

Thanks
    Personally I paint using lot of color picker and manually shifting colors, but approach doesn't really matter foundations do, you can use whatever you want but experimenting is key. What do you think that style communicate?

Edit: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...-own-art-style
    Last edited by stonec; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:18 PM.

Thanks
    hi danilng,

looks like a damn good foundation you got going, now overcome your insecurities and use it!

explore the tools you acquired... it doesnt matter if its digital or analogue, its about the decissions you come to in any given medium.

be brave and exploit those oportunities .
    "Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want."
    Glen Orbik

"To any man who has slaved to acquire skill in his art, it is most irritating to have his ability referred to as a 'gift.'"
    Andrew Loomis