Thanks

Can you help me with these?

I decided to continue the pose studies i was doing, and thanks to a reply i got i tried learning more about boxes and the construction of the body. What do you think?

Name:  Energy Drawin3g.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  70.1 KB
    Name:  Energy Drawing.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  116.1 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    well the first one is easy. Not enough curve to her spine like the reference. Head too big, eyes too animu.

Thanks
    Hi there!

In the first one there's unbalanced proportions: the head is too big compared to the body. The structure in general is kinda good but there's something odd in the shoulder position: looking at the photo the left arm is hidden by the chest. In your drawing is kinda visible. Even the joint arm-wrist is weird and the size of the hand is too big. Use your own body facing a mirror to understand better human proportions. The chest looks kinda flat and the breast is too low.

In the 2nd and 3rd sketches the are some misproportions of the facial features: study the human skull and you'll improve fast! Do photo studies too, it helps a lot!

You are doing well, so never give up!

EDIT: I forgot to mention https://line-of-action.com/ and http://reference.sketchdaily.net/en as good sites to learn from!
    Last edited by Digitalshell; May 7th, 2019 at 05:05 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Digitalshell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Focusing on the second and third drawings, the eyes and mouth are too big for the head. The mouth is too wide and too low, albeit not so low as the degree in which it is wide, and the eyes are somewhat big, making them ocuppy a wide area. The eyes are also not in the middle of the circle of the head, and that is more pronouced in the first and second drawings. You may have done the chin line too low instead of misplacing the eyes, though. I don't know how you constructed your heads.

I can't add an image for some reason, but search for "head three quarter view" or open this link (https://www.photomatters.org/left-right) and notice how the end of the mouth seems to aligning vertically with the front staring pupil. That does happen in your first drawing, but the eyes are a little big, making the mouth too long. And notice how bigger in proportion to the lenght of the nose is the distance from the chin to the middle of the lips. Look at the eye also and see how smaller it is and the distance it has from the ears.

About the boddy in the first, what I noticed more is that the breast is low and the head is a little big. But apart from that it looks consistent, with minor differences.

Now, as stilizied drawing you may wat to keep some distortions, and that is at your discretion, but it is difficult to bend the rules and have it not look wrong, so all I can suggest is to practice the basics that the style comes naturally.

I think you are doing a good job, the way is to observe more. And if you're into making more realistic heads just look into the proportions and practice from there.
    Last edited by Bsouza; May 7th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bsouza For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks! How do you think i should study the skull? Just copying?

Thanks
    Only copying is not the best way to learn something. You should effectively study how skull is structured, the different types of skulls etc. Search for anatomy and medical photos, videos, tutorials and books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERc2xnQpCR4 this is a good start point!

Thanks
    Thank you, i watched the video and copied the structures. I can already feel the improvement! How would i go about making different skulls? I assume its just by "modelling" the bones right?

Members who have read this thread: 34