Thread: Wat is iT?

Thanks

Wat is iT?

Is this concept art? Shoud i go this way? I took an example from the concept art of Blodborn, but I am not sure that these are real concept art. More like a promo art. On the other hand, all the cool concept artists in their portfolio have basically promo art.Name:  nfr ct,t,t.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  130.1 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah, that's a form of concept art, you're working through ideation of the wardrobe.
    http://howtonotsuckatgamedesign.com/...l-concept-art/

One crit on this particular piece would be watching the proportions of the arm at rest; the hand is on the small side and it's unclear if that's an intentional affect or a mistake.

Thanks
    It's a rather sketchy character concept drawing, so i'd consider it basic concept art. As for the other, often highly refined pieces you're likely refering to: The term "concept art" is extremely missused, most refined pieces are more like "representational concept art", to show off instead of conceptualizing. Unfortunately, a lot of people started believing that this is how concept art has to look like.

Thanks

Thanks
    So am I doing good and have a right direaction?

- - - Updated - - -

I saw this and i read this. So wats my problem?

Thanks
    So it is worth to continue in this style and I work in the right direction?

Thanks
    concept artist discord for you : https://discord.gg/UK5bY3

for " concept art " , there are many youtube channels talking about it from professional perspective , like Feng Zhu for example , or Trent Kaniuga . There are also the brainstorm school or on John J Park's gumroad .. etc . If you want to know what's in concept art , best to listen to them for insights on what's needed in the job and skills you need to improve

There's " being a cool artist and painter " and " being an artist that fills a need for concept art in the game/movie industry " . Most online communities focus on the former , if you want a concept job , you need to research the later.

As for you painting , eh it shows mediocre understanding of lighting and rendering , but I would be more interested in seeing more variations and other things in the world that character inhabit, that counts more for concepts
    Last edited by Puruishi; April 18th, 2019 at 08:32 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puruishi For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 39