View Poll Results: Finals

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mythmaker

4 66.67%
  • Lege1

2 33.33%
    Thanks

CHOW 485 Magnificent Seven Sins (finals)

CHOW 485 Magnificent Seven Sins (finals)

Character of the Week #485
    Magnificent Seven Sins
    Deadline - Monday, April 15th 8AM GMT

The winner of this round will have their entry displayed on the CHOW banner for the next five rounds!

Sin and depravity is rife in the Wild West. With each evil act something dark and sinister stirs across the dusty Badlands.
    Demons assail the thin veil between worlds, weakened by the immoralities of mankind, applauding each bandit raid, slowly growing stronger with each drop of innocent blood spilt in the sand.

When Hell’s gates burst, spewing devils and demons across the frontier the first to step fourth, spurs jangling, were the seven sins themselves.

Lust, wrath, sloth, greed, envy, gluttony and pride.

Now the seven ride the plains, sowing sin and destruction in twisted, dark parodies of gunslingers of the Wild West.

Demonic: Demons come in many shapes and forms, not just red with horns and cloven hooves, so be creative. Your character must be obviously supernatural in some way, it can be obvious or something subtle like glowing eyes or levitation. As long as your character cannot be mistaken for an ordinary mortal / human.

• Male or female humanoid demon (see above)
    • Based on one of the seven deadly sins.
    • Wild West theme.

The Rules:

- FINALS: Must post in finals thread before the deadline
    - KNEES UP: Must show at least 3/4 of the character, from at least the knees up.
    - FRONT VIEW: Must be able to see the front of design. No back views without a front.
    - WIPS: Must show at least 2 work in progress shots either in the wips thread or finals thread.
    - READABLE: Design must be readable, as in a 3D model could be made from your image.
    - ONLY ONE: May only submit one entry. No multiple submissions.
    - 3D: Must be originally created models, excluding primitives. 3D paint-overs permitted. If you choose to use 3D in whole or in part you must show a screenshot of the model in 3D software with final entry.
    - UNACCEPTABLE: These are not permitted: Photo paint-overs, photobashing, pre-made or purchased 3D
    models
    , rushed works/ rough sketches. PHOTO TEXTURES are allowed as long as they are suitably worked into the piece and not lazily dumped on top.
    - NEW USERS: Must submit entries by 6pm GMT on due date, due to conceptart.org's moderation process:

- DESIGN: Design your character for the brief, not your personal fetish. Nudes without some design are not permitted.
    - READ: Read through the threads; there may be answers to your questions already posted.
    - FUN: Have fun!

Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Well that's all I've got for this round. Sleepy time calls...

It's very quiet in here...

Post 'em if you've got 'em!

Name:  Chow485 Mag7Sins.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  234.0 KB

Name:  Chow485WIPs.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  182.4 KB

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mythmaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lege1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mythmaker: I'm not sure what the glowing light source is, but I think it might be a chance for some darker contrasts, particularly around the face to make those green eyes pop. Also tried a different head angle with a more "come hither" expression to perhaps suit the lust theme. Messes up the smoke plumes though...
    Name:  Chow485 Mag7Sinsedit.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  299.1 KBName:  Chow485 Mag7Sinsedit2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  268.4 KB

Lege1: I'm reading more "chest beating rage" than pride in the pose. Maybe more majestic / arrogant body language?

Name:  sedit.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  43.2 KB
    Character of the week challenge C.H.O.W

Sketchbook
    *light nudity*

Portfolio

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback Moirae.

The glowing blob is supposed to be a window - I did it kind of over-exposed and also diffused due to the smoke, but I guess it's not reading as intended.

She has a normal eye structure with the light emanating from within - so just coming from her pupils (a bit like the light reflection of animals retinas but actually glowing). I know I could have pushed the values more - and it's a recurring problem with a lot of the stuff I've posted in here. I know what's going on though at least and I'm sure I'll start to do better if I pay attention to my process.

I get what what your saying about the pose, but I think I preferred a more subtle alluring side glance rather than direct and overtly sexual.

Nice work on the banner by the way - you seem to have a knack for making them look cool! Makes me wonder if you do any design work?