Thanks

Concept artist portfolios when they got their first job in the industry.

I was reading up The Big Bad world of Concept Art by Elliot Lilly and saw some of his portfolio pieces from when he first got into the industry, and I was intrigued and curious to see more concept artist portfolios that got them their first job. Does anyone know any examples of those shown online, or maybe have some to show themselves?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I got my first job offer for an inhouse job a few months ago with my current portfolio. Without my last 3 pieces. I definitely think you have what it takes but you need to update your portfolio and your artstation, the first two pieces are 2 years old, that would be a red flag for anyone, they want to see that you've improved a ton so if you still are showing loads of 2 year old work in your portfolio it might seem as if you havent improved that much. I also recommend using Artstation as your portfolio or a website through the artstation Pro thing. Everyone is comfortable with Artstation and most people dont like having to figure out how your website works. Depending on what jobs you're applying too I'd also leave out the graphic design stuff potentially from your portfolio, might be useful for smaller studios but big ones wont have a concept artist also do graphic design stuff. Good luck bud!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis van Kessel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah, I plan on overhauling my portfolio in the summer. Since I am wrapping up Uni soon, thanks bro!