Reve's sketch book pages
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Reve's sketch book pages

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Reve's sketch book pages

Whats up fellow artists, im new here and would like to share my art with you guys, im still a n00b (ive only been drawing seriously for the last 10 months) right now im pressed for time so i havent been doing any finished pieces, but instead alot of sketches on my trusty sketch book, im planning to post a page or 2 a day for a few days so bear with me and check on the thread more than once aright? here is the first one, in symbolism of my username an angel: 30-40 mins on this one
    PS.oh yeah almost forgot, Critique and c&c is welcome, tell me what i did wrong (but also how to fix it, make my life easier im just a n00b)

"Reality is a momentary dream, but a dream is a reality for an eternity"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The wings are growing directly out of the center of your characters spine. They probably should be spread out a bit for some necessary bone structure or pulled up from the back a bit, like a dragon fly. You need to have someone sit for you so you can see the proportions of the head to the torso and how the arms would appear to wrap around the legs when tucked up like that. The arms of your character are sticking out at ninety degrees, they would in life be foreshortened away from the viewer going foreward in space. The detail in the wings and in the city is fun, looks like you have an interest in architecture backdrops... I hope to see alot more coming. Your composition is pretty good, broken into thirds and I like your foreground background relations. I can't really tell what he is sitting on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its a crappy scan so you cant really see it that well, ill post some more tomorow, im gonna post a couple mechs i did they are prety good i think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

heres a couple more

and as promised here is a couple more pics this time a mech and an unfinished piece:

please disregard the hand i rushed it and it came out quite crappy, i meant to go back and fix it but i just let the pic stay unfinished cus i had other ideas i wanted to put down on paper.

quick mech design not my best but not my worst either, i was gonna draw a drill but i got lazy and had other stuff to do(yeah, are you starting to see a patern here?) so i just drew a "cone" hehehe.
    Thats all folks, for today at least ill post a couple more tomorrow aright? peace out.
    and dont forget c&c is welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If your looking for constructive criticism, I know the first thing poeple are going to tell you is "break away/ditch the anime style entirely, start from reality first." Your unfinished piece has many anatomical issues with it because of the simplicity of the style and how the anatomy is broken up, but I won't go into them in particular. My biggest input would be "finish sketches." She needs feet and hands for you to be really practicing, my biggest hinderance for the longest time in my casual sketching was not making myself draw the things I wasn't good at.

I think overall your concepts are well thought-out and initially represented, but they lack depth of form. The robot doesn't have any linework that really presents us with how he is shaped in 3d, at least nothing that stands out. It just appears flat. Same with your angel piece.

Like I said though, your concepts themselves are great and are presented well in an initial sense. Great stuff for just 10 months!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.