Thanks

image un-processed

I'm 15 y.o. right now and ive been doing art for most of my life.
    ive started doing some concept art in the past year or so and would love some general advice for someone somewhat intermediate trying to become better.
    Name:  output-onlin.png
Views: 430
Size:  344.7 KB
    the image wasnt uploaded in my last post so here it is..
    did this one with watercolor and some colored pencils.
    problems ive already noticed:

*building's perspective lines are off
    *not the a very good use of color and contrast
    *some problems with the anatomy
    *the building's colors are too vibrant

i know there are a lot more though i cant spot them so help in this would be lovely
    as well as general advice since i mostly just wanna progress and learn more (dont really care about this piece's outcome)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'll try and crit with what I currently know, and I'm kinda blunt with words so bear with me :3

Composition is pretty dull, the man, building and waterfall are all competing for attention cuz on how you only rendered them so closely.

The building and its yellow mountain looks out of place with the western style adventurer.

Btw if you really want to be a concept artist you'll need to go digital or it would be really hard to get work, they only use it for quick sketches then finish it up on digital. I too taught that I can go pro without digital but limitations prevented that from happening. Dont stop traditional though its still a good practice media or to relax.

Your work looks pretty good, specially the character. I'm new here aswell add me up if you want an extra friend.

Thanks
    The tower is your focal point, everything already is dull af, if anything make it as red as possible, pierce your viewer's eyes with it to make them remember your work 10 minutes after looking at it. I think most of your problems come from being impatient. Too impatient to set up a painting before going into the process, that is putting the color on the canvas. And then too impatient too see the results. Add thicker layers of color, think more about what colors and values work for your painting, and especially a little more thought towards composition. You could still improve this a lot by seperating layers of distance by using color, value and brush strokes.

Name:  dgh.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  249.0 KB

Thanks
    thank you i know i have to go digital i actually bought a tablet already though it broke the other day so until i replace it i thought i'd go back to traditional for a while.

Thanks
    Thank you that helped me a lot