Thread: Superduperman

Thanks

Superduperman

Nice to see CA ''on the line again''. Feed and critique is very welcome...good fight. Good Night. Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    the Ink

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It looks like he's wearing socks, they're usually full length boots. Shoulders might be too low, or waistline too high. I like the economy of the background.

Thanks
    Not the critique you were looking for?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ro5ert View Post
    Not the critique you were looking for?
    :-) Sure, I always take ever critique and feedback serious my friend. Thx for the reply. Sry for not answering fast. I was busy overworking my mistakes and learning fundamentals. Coming back to your critique: I also think that his waist is to low and I will fix that as soon as possible. I tried to change the design of his suit a bit by giving him some shoe/sock's I guess. You know those rubber shoes separating toes ? Maybe not a good choice....lol.
    the Ink

Thanks
    his crotch is up way too high
    "Have only 4 values, but all the edges you want."
    Glen Orbik

"To any man who has slaved to acquire skill in his art, it is most irritating to have his ability referred to as a 'gift.'"
    Andrew Loomis

Thanks
    Name:  supermanpaintover.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  445.4 KB

Hey, I think you have a really cool idea and composition, but I think you need to model your shadows more according to the form and give us more planes to model his form, and work on the edges of your core shadows. I think you could be more selective with where you put your contrast too. His face is also very very overmodelled in my opinion and you can simplify it more. His head also looks wonky because he's looking up but the top of his head is really big, remember that it needs to get narrower at the top of the head since he's looking up. Keep going at it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by astrapho View Post
    Name:  supermanpaintover.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  445.4 KB

Hey, I think you have a really cool idea and composition, but I think you need to model your shadows more according to the form and give us more planes to model his form, and work on the edges of your core shadows. I think you could be more selective with where you put your contrast too. His face is also very very overmodelled in my opinion and you can simplify it more. His head also looks wonky because he's looking up but the top of his head is really big, remember that it needs to get narrower at the top of the head since he's looking up. Keep going at it.
    Thx for the lecture astra, this really was a helpful reply. It shows me that I need to put much more effort into my figure drawing skills and need to study the planes of the body even more carefully. Often I see the issues but I'm not able to find a good visual answer on my own. As soon as I have time I will try to communicate this work/study/composition again and hope to get a better result. I forced my brain to come up with own solutions on this work but I think sometimes we all know how tricky our visual library can be ;- Peace and apologise for my grammar.
    the Ink

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkognito View Post
    Thx for the lecture astra, this really was a helpful reply. It shows me that I need to put much more effort into my figure drawing skills and need to study the planes of the body even more carefully. Often I see the issues but I'm not able to find a good visual answer on my own. As soon as I have time I will try to communicate this work/study/composition again and hope to get a better result. I forced my brain to come up with own solutions on this work but I think sometimes we all know how tricky our visual library can be ;- Peace and apologise for my grammar.
    You're welcome I'd suggest for you to do more figure study paintings because looking through your sketchbook it looks like you do have a good understanding of the planes of the body, your problem in my opinion is that you're missing the middle value in between the light and dark values, and somehow when you're doing stuff from imagination you're not really being as precise as you are with studies with the shapes of the shadows. In addition to more figure studies I'd suggest that studying 3 tone value simplification would help greatly with problems of design and simplification. Good luck !

Members who have read this thread: 38