Germany( Cologne )but actually from Ukraine
    Thanks

H-A-L-O 2 muaahahahhaaa

Just ordered the LIMITED EDITION, (69.99) Didnt expect it to be that expensive.
    The Game releases on Thursday, who is going to buy it too?
    Daily Sketchbook

""Take from the rest of us all that you can assimilate,
    that can become a part of you, but never still the small voice that whispers to you, "I like it better my way".----Andrew Loomis----.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Is there a PC format one on this release? Or do I have to wait a year for a crappy, bugged, horrible version.

I can't play FPS games on console, it sucks. HOOAH for pixel point accuracy and hi res!

I would like to give halo2 a try, but halo left a bad taste...
    Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    what are you talking about, xbox halo 1 rocked my socks
    and im definetly getting the second one
    Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rook
    what are you talking about, xbox halo 1 rocked my socks
    and im definetly getting the second one
    you obviously haven't paid any attention to Half-life 2...or the first one...
    the halo series comes nowhere near how great the half-life series is.

Also I believe FPS games belong on the PC. since that is were they originated.
    Don't think "goldeneye" broke the limits, half-life and doom did it all.
    I never liked any FPS game on a console, becuase of terrible controls and crappy innovations. that's all i gotta say...
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    I just can't stand using a control in FPS games. No way, PC is the only and best way to play shooters. You have so much control and sensitivity.
    Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    duh!
    ps2, gamecube, and xbox controllers make you suck at it.
    keyboard and mouse is the way FPS games are mean't to be played!

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    I have to agree with Muffin on this one, I just can not work with console controls at all. I will get slayed on Halo, seriously slayed, but then we will all go and fire up CS and it is all over but the cry'n.

Thanks
    sigh....

another PC vs console, Half Life vs Halo debate...

well, I am so fucking hyped about Halo 2

gonna play it with Xbox Connect (the underground FREE version of Xbox Live) heehee 8)

Thanks
    everyone should play this game for a month, so i can draw and get better then you all...ahahahhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Thanks
    lol jet

Thanks
    I agree with the whole keyboard giving you more control.....when I played Halo with my friends they started talking smack about how much I suck at FPS and all that shit, well I took them all in counterstrike and murder their ass until I made them realize how little did they know my skills in FPS on the computer. I play Halo for the fun factor even though the moving sensitivity isn't high enough for me, and I end up getting killed by my 11 year old brother. I usually play with 20 on counterstrike's mouse sensitivity, cause i'm so use to playing Unreal Tournament's fast speed.

I'm actually suppose to be at another friend's house for a 32 player Lan going on for Halo 2 when it's realease, it's going to be fun.
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    There is no console vs PC debate...

Tv resolution vs PC monitor

Tv graphics vs PC's

Console controll (left right, up down) controls vs. pixel point accurate mouse

Console = aged PC hardware.

etc etc...im sure there is more, but i have to use the bathroom real bad...
    Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    indeed, PC rules out consoles.
    The reason why is simple...
    PCs have far much more powerful hardware, better controls, infinite upgradability, etc.

i mean you don't have to buy a whole new computer.

but for consoles, you do. because, a new console comes out , developers will switch over to that console and there will be no more games for your previous console. forcing you to buy the next console.

for computers, you can just upgrade every once in a while...

ok, let's shut up about this now(these kinds of threads always become a disaster). this is a halo thread right?
    so lets talk about the concept art and style of halo, shall we?

Thanks
    I think that you can buy some sort of keyboard/mouse thing for your xbox now. anyways halo rocks, halo 2 will own. anyone who says otherwise sucks at halo, peace!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackalAnubis
    I think that you can buy some sort of keyboard/mouse thing for your xbox now. anyways halo rocks, halo 2 will own. anyone who says otherwise sucks at halo, peace!
    ...lol, it goes back and forth from now on....

Thanks
    Halo2 = Slow old man version of Unreal Tournament 2004.
    Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkhon
    Console controll (left right, up down) controls vs. pixel point accurate mouse

left right, up down?

stop exaggerating

console controls have full 360 aiming as well! Though not as responsive and quick as the mouse

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkhon
    Halo2 = Slow old man version of Unreal Tournament 2004.
    why, of course!
    multiplayer fun never gets as close to the fun that's in UT2004 as you may think it will in halo 2.
    serioulsy, halo 2 only has CTF and DM.
    Ut2004 has all kinds of stuff and some new scenarios are created by mod developers.

ut2004 wins by having more choices and being much more fun...

Thanks
    People responded well to Halo because of its limited controls ... On a console you can put more emphasis on a character and his weight. Master Cheif's abilities came through in the scheme of the control, you felt like you were in his shoes when you could only fit 2 weapons, were only slightly faster than a human, and couldn't turn on a dime. You felt hits to his body when his shields were gone, and enhanced power flipping a car over.

The same goes for Metroid - You need to feel that Samus is a dainty girl in a hulking tank of a suit ... that she had inhuman abilities/weapons that only the chozo could develop ..... a lot of that wouldn't have come across so hot on a generic control scheme, not to mention the jumping.

It's amazing the infinite control that you have on a PC ... but something is missing when a Jedi Knight controls the same as a Vietnam Soldier.
    Gordon Freman is an amazing character, but I don't know anyone that's felt as if they were actually playing as him... actually playing as an out-of-shape Black Mesa scientist.
    Draw a little arrow in the middle of the monitor and you can tell how much it feels like you're just navigating an elaborate 3D menu.

PC FPS's are great at showing your own limitations... Consoles get away with showing a character. Not a negative or positive thing, only relative to the game you're playing.
    But something, as concept artists, we need to keep our eyes on since games are becoming a story-telling medium all their own.

Thanks
    interesting point...it really shows why some games come out the way they are.

Thanks
    Ah midnight shall be sweet. I have a (college) class on tueday night, but I already e-mailed my instructor informing him of Halo's 2 release and how I will be unable to attend this week's due to it. But I already completed the HW for it, which he is aware of, so whatever.

But tuesday morning. I will have Halo 2 and the following....

Beer
    Soda
    Water
    3 Bags of chips
    Cookies
    Brownies
    Popcorn
    Costco sized pizza

and an entire morning and day to play the game. Oh and I had a party the day before, which explains the blown out list of crap I won't need for Halo 2, but won't hurt having. bwhaaa haa ha!
    "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Tyler Durden

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8t100
    Ah midnight shall be sweet. I have a (college) class on tueday night, but I already e-mailed my instructor informing him of Halo's 2 release and how I will be unable to attend this week's due to it. But I already completed the HW for it, which he is aware of, so whatever.

But tuesday morning. I will have Halo 2 and the following....

Beer
    Soda
    Water
    3 Bags of chips
    Cookies
    Brownies
    Popcorn
    Costco sized pizza

and an entire morning and day to play the game. Oh and I had a party the day before, which explains the blown out list of crap I won't need for Halo 2, but won't hurt having. bwhaaa haa ha!

wow, that's awefully unhealthy...

Thanks
    Unhealthy????? What are you talking about he got water........
    "If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Thanks
    Unhealthy? Oh god yeah. but believe me, this is a one night binge of all crap for the day Halo 2 will be in my Xbox.

After that, it's back to eating chicken w/ rice, salads, mini-wheats w/ skim milk, and any beverage that isn't a soda.
    "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." - Tyler Durden

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8t100
    After that, it's back to eating chicken w/ rice, salads, mini-wheats w/ skim milk, and any beverage that isn't a soda.
    sounds better, add tea to the menu, tea is t3h sw33t n3kt4r 0f L1f3!

Thanks
    tea does indeed kick ass.

I try to get a hot morning cup of tea at einstein bagelsΦΦwhenever I go.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.