Thanks

seeking critique

hey
    i am working on this performance piece and would appreciate general criticism
    i will leave it at that as i dont want to say too much but of course will engage in
    discussion from feedback. would really appreciate the care.

it is a video so here is the youtube link

https://youtu.be/3rleCnrCrg0

* this is conceptual art piece*

cheers
    Last edited by movingmoves; 2 Days Ago at 06:22 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,690 Times in 4,601 Posts

Thanks
    haha thxs i'll make a note explaining the difference so no one wastes their time sry

Thanks
    The pinnacle of bad college art.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tenchi24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Your Performance Art professor will either:

A) Unironically love it.
    B) Hate it, but won't tell you.

The reactions here might seem harsh to you, but we deal with enough pretentious abstract / anime artists as it is without throwing "performance art" in the mix. You might've been better off posting this thread in the Fine Art section, in hindsight. I will give you some kind of critique anyway. Style, abstraction, and conceptual intentions will never save you from mediocrity. There's nothing interesting or thought provoking in this video that'd entice anyone to watch it all the way through.

This could be where you can back-peddle with:

But that was the whole idea all along! It's an artistic statement on the lacking attention span of the common person!

To which I'd say:

​Who gives a fuck?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattyT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    99,99% of experimental shit is what people use as an excuse for a lack of understanding from the artist's side. 0,01% of experimental shit are actually brilliant masterpieces by people who overcame so many struggles in their lives and improved their understanding of art far enough to learn how to break the rules, and it never gets popular because the mainstream isn't able to comprehend it anyways. Or in other words, don't waste time with experimental shit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyT View Post
    Is more common than you'd think. :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCowan View Post
    Is more common than you'd think. :/
    Oh that's why some people life in illusion that they are best artist in world

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well, I feel like this might be turning into a discussion...good fight, good night
    the Ink

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by movingmoves View Post
    hey
    i will leave it at that as i dont want to say too much but of course will engage in
    discussion from feedback

* this is conceptual art piece*
    Keeping things on topic; what do you honestly think of your video? Do you think it's good? Bad? What do you think it means?

Thanks
    Keeping things on topic; what do you honestly think of your video? Do you think it's good? Bad? What do you think it means?
    sorry if this is posted twice *i'm new*. i responded yesterday but not sure if the post went through so here is my response, round 2...

so ya this is a w.i.p and i am often finding that i make 'work' to help myself understand something that i cant fully grasp. i try to move away from saying something is either good or bad, but okay to answer that, i think it has validity to it/ within it, but i also this its a piece of shit that noone should see because it does more harm than good.
    here are some things i have been thinking about/ am seeing as themes upon reflecting
    - subject/object discussion in relation to the femme body
    - overall critique of the mental constructs that are place on (in this case specifically, but all) the femme body, amounting to yes the female largely and historically being an objectified object of pleasure for the consumpotion of others. and as feminist movements push forwards what does it mean to become-woman when woman as it exists has so much phallic construct/disease inside of it.
    - the female desire complex. how does/when/can the objectified state actually be a place of power ect.
    - aesethtic concern. does it look good or bad, does it matter? apparently yes if i want people to be intrigued enough to watch it. i know the quality is really shitty because my equipment, and usually i work with embracing that aesthetic but in this case i feel its actually just distracting. but why does something have to look good basically, especially when its the concept thats trying to push through.
    - ya idk the objects are like my weird way of working through this. they have symbolic meaning. the mirror being the reflective state, the white liquid filled body is actually my body, the taped bottles are aluding to femme bodies(under capitalistic domination) being reduced to passsive nutritionless toxic products for the use of others.
    - so i guess my concern is that in my embodiment i actually lack any type of conclusion of idk resisting the narrative that places woman in these place. like is it subverting almost, not at all, yes? idk.

so i guess i couldve posted this with the original but like i said i make to work through and understand so mabye now this can be helpful
    thxs!