Thanks

universe concept

hi! I had a stressful day so I decided to start on a concept for a comic I have been brewing in my head for a while.
    ok so the premise is, that humans evolved differently, from dogs and cats and birds instead of apes.
    (important points)
    - the birds became godlike
    - the dogs are less evolved than the cats
    - cats have a structural society
    - the cats worship the birds
    - cats live in tree villages
    - dogs live in massive underground caverns
    -----------
    info about the drawings provided:
    - caparari is the village archer, her outfit is designed to help her swing through the trees but clamps up when wet.
    - arapaima is a dog who didn't feel right in the dogs caves system and violent nature, and ran away. caparari found her and let her stay in a tree hut, eventually being accepted by the other cats and accepting her feelings for arapaima.
    - there is a cat cult that exists, hidden away from the village, that see's themselves as birds (gods) and sacrifices basically anyone that wanders in to themselves.
    - mother maiden. as all cat children are considered sacred, they are taken care of by a mother maiden until they are old enough to help their parents in the household. this is a religious tradition and is treasured. when the mother maiden grows old, a new one is carefully selected by the council.
    ----------
    aaaaaaaaaand thats about it. this took a long time to write lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You didn't give us the premise of the story. You explained the setting a little bit, but I'm being semantic.

I think I like your traditional work better than your digital drawings. These are kinda sketchy, so I can't say for sure just yet, but your pen and paper work has a nice charm to it. Your ink drawings are still a bit rough, but tat's something you can refine with time.

Who's the main character? I'm assuming it's Caparari, since she's first. What's the plot of your comic?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyT View Post
    Who's the main character? I'm assuming it's Caparari, since she's first. What's the plot of your comic?
    sorry :'^) my posts are still a bit messy, I don't have much content to post (I only just got power for my laptop) I will answer any questions!
    I should have, stated the plot, though I'm still working on it, I was focusing on the actual laws of the universe so that the plot actually works. caparari and arapaima are the main characters, and I was going to make the council and members of the village interact with eachother, it's all just sort of an idea.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyT View Post
    I think I like your traditional work better than your digital drawings.
    these ones were more sketchy because I wanted to draw more than normal in a smaller amount of time, but I will end up doing more detailed stuff at some point.
    -
    I'm still not sure how much/what I should be uploading, since I like having opinions on my art (I couldn't handle art class for personal reasons so I don't have any outside input) but I'm not sure, exactly what I should upload I guess.

Thanks
    Upload whatever you feel comfortable with. It helps to remember that no one here wants to put you down, and that it's up to you to determine whether or not someone's opinion of your work is valid. Broad suggestions like working on your anatomy or technique tends to be valid, because everyone needs to stay on top of studying that stuff. But subjective ideas on color, design, etc. are where you need to decide if someone's opinion conflicts with your intentions.

That aside, I'll hold off on whether I prefer your traditional or digital work until I see something better, since you say there is better. Maybe post some of that?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattyT For This Useful Post: