Thanks

Wasp trying to create horror manga

this is my first post, so I am sorry if it is messy. I am xunibar, and I guess I'm one of those mentally unhinged horror artists. I draw the things I see as an outlet, but I want to improve my techniques to draw more art that could be possibly used in full series or commission work. I am a teenager, so I'm not worried about money, but it would be a good profession, as I live in the forest and can't function in school or work. I am looking for critique and advice. I hope the attachment worked.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Draw from life every day and learn perspective. That'll get you going in the right direction I think.
    Sketchbook

The best way to hunt in a mushroom forest is to climb on the back of a butterfly.

Thanks
    On face I am not sure where the horror is so that needs a little better communication. I mean sure.. there's a smile face mask in a cave roof with roots. Yeaaaaaah.

Also having an idea where the light is coming from so I can get why the eyes and cheeks are black as well as no neck.

The cross hatching on the dress looks like a good start.

as I live in the forest and can't function in school or work.
    As a teenager you live in a metaphorical forest or an actual forest alone?
    Can't function in school or work? Is it due to having hooves and living in a forest? Are you really a red deer? Fess up!
    My commentary is a gift to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to modi123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think you should try this http://drawabox.com/ also learning perspective might help. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNP...3Q8zr4eKvmhLGQ he has perspective playlist
    Last edited by stonec; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:29 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stonec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm not really creeped out or unhinged by this. It's also pretty hard to read at a glance; I didn't know the hanging thing above him was a smiley face, and those claw things were pretty confusing to make out at first. Perspective has been mentioned a few times here, but I don't think it's as necessary if what you're going for is a flat story-book kind of vibe. Life drawing, however, is essential - regardless of your intentions.

Can we see some of your other work?

Thanks
    this probably wasn't the best example to use, I wasn't quite sure how this would pan out. I live in an actual forest, in newzealand, on a self sustained farmlet with solar power. It's far away from school, which I was removed from anyway, and I have a bit of a cocktail of anxiety and learning difficulties. there was actually two frames to this, and a second comic, but I wasn't sure how much to upload (I've only been drawing in this style for maybe 3 days.)

Thanks
    perspective, I got that, It might take more time to learn all this but I'm thankful for peoples interest! also I wasn't expecting to creep anyone out with this, it doesn't have enough ompf behind it I think, not really showing what the threat is properly. I was mostly excited at picking up a new outlet and art style. I will definitely upload more work thankyou!