Thanks

help me with my last art

hi guys, you could criticize my last image, I imagine that I missed a lot in it, but I confess that I have been caught in this art for 4 days.
    Name:  miss_wednesday_sapphire__costume_by_fanartbr_dcsiz09-fullview.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  238.8 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The head is pretty tiny for the body! I've chopped up your image and moved things around with the distort tool to help correct some proportions and body angles. You did a nice job trying to put in a ton of detail and color, but the construction of the body is pretty off, especially in the hips. The angle doesn't really agree with the rest of the body, and it looks quite flat. Think of the hips as a cube in space, then build your features like bellies and legs off of it.
    Name:  lassod magical girl.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  192.9 KB
    Twitch: @LDogDraws
    Instagram: @eastghoster

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mangosalsa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    omg, very thanks
    mangosalsa's, the correction you made showed what I need to correct, it helped a lot again,

Thanks
    Yeah, Mango gave you a pretty good reconstruction to go off of. The breasts are a bit flat there, but they were just cutting and stretching things around. Note: that's not to say you should make them bigger. Your character's chest was somewhat flat in your original drawing as well. That is to say if you are going with a curvaceous character design, you need to capture her form.

For better or worse, there's a wealth of characters with this body type in gaming. Compare these:

https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/...sh/Janna_0.jpg
    https://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/...ash/Ahri_0.jpg

to your girl here and I think you'll see what I mean. It'd also help if we saw the reference you're using, if you're using one.

Thanks
    Dude, the sleeves on that girl are amazing. Who is that artist? I could learn things from seeing some more of that. I mean, I think the extra length of her leg was absolutely just a stylistic or compositional choice. There's just so much motion.

Edit: To clarify, I was talking to MattyT
    Sketchbook

The best way to hunt in a mushroom forest is to climb on the back of a butterfly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David_a_ray View Post
    Dude, the sleeves on that girl are amazing. Who is that artist? I could learn things from seeing some more of that. I mean, I think the extra length of her leg was absolutely just a stylistic or compositional choice. There's just so much motion.

Edit: To clarify, I was talking to MattyT
    I don't know the artist specifically, but both of those are splash art from League of Legends. You may be able to find some stuff going off of those terms. Their art department is very impressive and many of them are on ArtStation.
    Sketchbook (last updated June 20th, 2018)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to octopuscats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by octopuscats View Post
    I don't know the artist specifically, but both of those are splash art from League of Legends. You may be able to find some stuff going off of those terms. Their art department is very impressive and many of them are on ArtStation.
    Holy... that's the kind of stuff I'm trying to do right there. Not in the same style obviously, but I mean look at this!
    Name:  this.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  173.9 KB
    Sketchbook

The best way to hunt in a mushroom forest is to climb on the back of a butterfly.

Thanks
    Just in case, maybe you also like the character designs by Hyung Tae Kim (especially the Magna Carta series). His character artworks are like dynamic compositions, using clothe and exagerated proportions/ lense distortions.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Rabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David_a_ray View Post
    Who is that artist?
    Octo already beat me to it! I don't know the specific artist, but these all come from League of Legends. LoL didn't used to have amazing art, but they've been getting some really great character designers / illustrators over the years. It's one of the things that keep me coming back. Especially their champion skins. Some are better than others, but I'm a fan overall.

http://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/c...h/Twitch_4.jpg
    https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1462087689
    https://www.qtoptens.com/wp-content/...fistleesin.png

This isn't a thread about League, so I'll stop here. If you want to look at more champion art, their website has a full champion roster with all their artwork on each profile:
    https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/

Thanks
    My god it's good to be around people with great taste in art.
    Sketchbook

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to David_a_ray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is not really a critique, cuz my interpretation has it's own set of problems... but I couldn't resist trying to figure this one out. Anyways This is the best I could come up with in 20 minutes. Definitely think the string thing had to be moved... and I still dont like where it's at. Anyways.. consider this more fan art than anything.Name:  repaint-cg.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  272.4 KB

Thanks
    Thanks for the criticism, I'll apply your suggestions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyLogic View Post
    This is not really a critique, cuz my interpretation has it's own set of problems... but I couldn't resist trying to figure this one out. Anyways This is the best I could come up with in 20 minutes. Definitely think the string thing had to be moved... and I still dont like where it's at. Anyways.. consider this more fan art than anything.Name:  repaint-cg.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  272.4 KB
    ohh thank you very much for your work to help me, I understood what you meant, just about the rope, I do not know if I should withdraw because and part of the character, but I will evaluate better

Members who have read this thread: 55