Thread: My first try

Thanks

My first try

Hello am new here and this is my first try. I know it is not so good but i wanna ask question. Shoud i do my portfolio with this style and skill lvl or better to keep studing? Name:  Ащкуыецшеср.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  133.9 KB

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Start a portfolio right now. You'll never get to a point, thinking "I'm good enough to stop studying", and you shouldn't ever stop studying aswell. Portfolio pieces can be exchanged at any time.
    As for style - if you feel comfortable with this, why not? Style develops over time aswell, usually the artist himself is the last person to recognize his style, so you shouldn't worry too much about that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to White Rabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    Start a portfolio right now. You'll never get to a point, thinking "I'm good enough to stop studying", and you shouldn't ever stop studying aswell. Portfolio pieces can be exchanged at any time.
    As for style - if you feel comfortable with this, why not? Style develops over time aswell, usually the artist himself is the last person to recognize his style, so you shouldn't worry too much about that.
    Well I tried a couple of times to get a job as a concept artist using this style. But they worked on mobile strategies and they always disliked the style. Companies that work on other projects often take people who already have experience of at least a year. Vicious circle.

Thanks
    This is an amazing "first try!" God damn. I love how cold the lighting looks; it really suites the character. I'm with White Rabbit, by the way, just jump into the portfolio and keep practicing, your style will continue to evolve and blossom on its own.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bingey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mobile Phone Companies usually tend to simplistic, cheerful, colorful and bright stuff. That's what catches the young audience's eyes. Bigger gaming industries can be very hard to get into these days, but did they actually reply, telling you that your lack of experience is the reason they chose somebody else? Because, they always write that stuff into their job descriptions, but ultimately, it's your drawing skill that matters to them. Just don't get discouraged. If you don't get a job, keep trying, and while doing so, keep practiczing, become better, replace/ add new and better pieces in your portfolio. Also, maybe try to get some recognition on the net by sharing your art on various platforms.

Thanks
    I am confused, what do you mean by 'first try'? Because you said that you've tried this style before trying to get concept art jobs, so what is this a first try at if you've done images like this before?

Thanks
    Some general tips to keep in mind: Try to be more consistent in wrapping forms one over the other. Coming to the edge of a form and not overlapping around the forms creates flatness and a minefield of tangents. Don't forget that the knuckles of the hand have a slight arc that makes the pinky finger higher up than you're placing it. The major bone of the foot connecting the big toe looks nice. Though the ankle itself looks a tad wide and low to me. Remember that the large bone of the lower leg sits on a sort of hill between where the big toe bone meets the heel. Also her cape doesn't appear to be resting against her body as my infant sense of gravity seems to demand. Her loin cloth could also be emphasizing the shape of her legs better by making it more concave and revealing more of her leg and putting in a proper diaper fold. It also seems like she's supposed to be leaning forward, but she's not.
    And as always no critique would be complete without the old "you'll also want to get a better grasp on anatomy/proportions in general as well" comment.

Try taking the position you're trying to depict. Hold that pose for awhile until it starts to become uncomfortable. You'll naturally assume the most lazy or comfortable/natural way of holding the pose. That's what you want to draw... at least, that's what I like to draw. I find it gives a certain refinement to the character.You'll also have a good sense of where the balance is held and how gravity is affecting the balance. Another reason I recommend practicing yoga of some sort.
    Sketchbook

We could be struck by lightning at any moment. What kind of universe is that?

Thanks
    Its my first concept of human kind. Before i made some portraits, icons and landscape. That was not rly good.

Thanks
    are portraits not of humans? Anyway, don't darken your colours using black it makes everything look really muddy.

Members who have read this thread: 29