Thanks

Is this drawing understandable?

This piece took me quite a lot of hours and I think I am pretty proud if it. However, most of all I am wondering if the content of it is understandable. I am doing my best lately to study values and contrast and saturation and all those composition stuff and I wonder if I implemented them well enough here for the viewer to see or get what I am trying to tell.
    If you already looked at the painting then I simply wonder if you understood that the short girl in the arm wrestle is the one winning or not. Even more specifically if you noticed the armbands that the angry people in the back are wearing are matching to the armband that the guy losing is wearing. Or even more specifically, that the man clapping in the foreground is wearing a green armband matching to the girl's.
    It would be wonderful to know what I could communicate and what I could not and how I can do it better hopefully. I could not get an honest opinion on this from my sister because she already knew specifically what I was painting before she even looked at the picture so there was no confusion there.

On a side note, Aside from the anatomy of the people that I know is somewhat lacking I would appreciate any other advice very much. Thank you for you time!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The first thing I noticed was the values were blending together too much. Specifically the red band guy's arm into the4 people behind him. Take your image, throw it into paint.net or where ever.. and convert it to black and white. Notice how things are getting lost in there? You should tweak that.

It was not obvious to me the green vest guy is winning.

I am not reading a significance of the band coloring to the people unless it's a racial thing I am missing.

I do like the green vest texturing.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    Actually, I just thought to make it look like there were two teams supporting each of the individuals arm wrestling. The people in the back were simply angry because the guy they were supporting is losing. Thank you for the advice anyway! I'll be sure to do that.

Thanks
    You may need more green band people then.

I am not certain if 'golf clap' is the right level of enthusiasm for some back alley arm wrestling thing. That should be reevaluated too.
    My commentary is a gift to you.

Thanks
    Alright, thank you again for the advice. I'll be sure to study more values and focus on that!